Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Bota M9-A2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noire Vanya Tal

N
swtor-planter-voss-shrub-decorations.jpg
Image Credit: Tor Fashion

Name: Bota M9-A2

Homeworld:

Development thread:
Earth Studies:
Average measurements: Grows to heights of up to 2.5 m

Cultivation Requirements: Currently cultivated at The Eden Project Biodomes and Eden BioDome Stations

Distinctions: : Sage green & purple berries.

Strengths:
  • Canon Medicinal Effects: Had certain medicinal effects for each species and gave Force Users a stronger connection to the Force.
  • Nutritional Value: Enhanced by the Morodin's slime, the Bota berries which give way to the seeds are highly nutritious.
Weaknesses:
  • Transport carefully: It would become useless some time after it left a PharmaTech Biodome, unless frozen in carbonite.
Average Growth Cycle: One Year to mature

Average Life: Perennial plant

Nutritional Value: The berries of the plant have a high level of antioxidant activity similar to other cberries, but more than what's been found in muja berries. Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) values measuring the antioxidant power of Bota fruit pulp/skin powder reportedly have the highest ORAC value among fruits and vegetables, or 10 times more antioxidants than gelden sun apples.

Bota berries and leaves are low in sugar, but contain excellent amounts of iron, calcium, fiber, and vitamin A. They also contain anthocyanin compounds such as resveratrol and cyaniding and ferulic acid, which not only give fruits and vegetables their distinct color, but also team up with flavonoids to defend the body against harmful free radicals. In fact, Bota berries contain 10 to 30 times more anthocyanin power than Aldaraanian wine. Beneficial fatty acids such as oleic acid, one of the same oils found in Dantooine olive oil, is another strong point, and healthy levels of dietary fiber keep the system functioning smoothly.

History:

Bota has a chaotic history. The Black Codex states that the botanical was a rare plant species native to very few planets in the galaxy such as Drongar. It was highly valued during the Clone Wars, as it had certain medicinal effects for each species and supposedly gave Jedi a stronger connection to the Force. It would become useless some time after it left the
planet, unless frozen in carbonite. Due to its rarity and medicinal values, bota was an expensive and coveted plant. However, due to a mutation in the bota, it soon became worthless.

Enter Pharmatech.

PharmaTech's Research and development team with the conception of the "Eden Project" have been sending scouts, researchers, and used it's vast resources under Arceneau Trade's Colagoramate's arsenal to go forth and try to find viable ways of perhaps bringing such rare or extinct species back. Various viable seeds were found encased in amber, carbonite, and under heavy permafrost. These seeds were untouched from the original mutation that had made the Bota originally worthless.

Under the research of the Eden Program, Morodin, Ho'din, and Ithorian horticulturalists and botanists worked alongside with cloning tech with Tai Fa Holdings and the Morodin's natural slime. The most distinctive feature of the Morodins was their ability to secrete a nutrient slime trail that promoted growth and mutation in plant life that it covered. The composition of the secretion varied with the Morodin's diet, and they were always experimenting with new combinations by eating plants, exuding the secretion to create a new, more nutritious, strain of flora which then entered their food chain.

This resulted in native untouched Bota as well as subsequent enhanced Bota, allowing it to stabilize and provide a highly nutritious product. Currently, this version has the same benefits as the original Bota save an additional nutritional value.

It is currently cultivated at The Eden Project Biodomes and Eden BioDome Stations

Intent: To expand on Star Wars lore on bringing back a nearly extinct botanical species and showcase the ongoing PharmaTech Botanical expansion on endangered and extinct species. It maintains the same benefits as the canon Bota save for additional nutritional value as explained under strengths.

Greetings, [member="Noire Vanya Tal"],

One of the more curious and yet interesting subs I've seen so far this year. I rather like it!

I seem to remember this plant being heralded as an excellent battlefield alternative to Kolto and Bacta, albeit used in different ways (blister packets, if I recall my Medstar books correctly). Definitely interesting to see it brought back into play - and I can definitely see a pharmaceutical company wanting to experiment with the effects in order to reproduce them. Good choice!

I can't see anything wrong with the bio myself - provided the resulting berries aren't eaten by the handful by those Force Users looking for an edge (which would be fairly absurd to begin with!), this is a benign but good sub. Don't think there are any changes needed here.

Pending Approval [member="Mahet"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom