Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boo's Random Thread of Random

boo+armor2.png
basic armor shown without and with the optional Warden Cloak
Image Source: Tr1gg3r117 @ DeviantArt (heavily photoshopped by me)

Intent: A modern update to Boo's original set of Primeval Light Infantry Armor

Development Thread:
Space Walk Wear Test: Breaking the Door (PM for invite) (27 posts)
Obtaining the Phrik: Cats on Fire (30 posts)
Cooking up the Synth-Crystals: By the Pricking of My Thumbs... (21 posts)
78 posts total

Manufacturer: [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Model: N/A

Affiliation: [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Modularity: Yes, any weapon, system, or armor plate configuration can be changed to fit the wearer's desires.

Production: Unique

Material: Alchemized Phrik, Duraplas, Transparisteel, Armorweave (bodyglove), Shell Spider Silk (bodyglove lining), sliver of a Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal, AEL Warden Cloak (optional outerwear)

Classification: Anti-Blaster

Weight: 4.5kg (7.5kg with Warden Cloak)

Quality:
Phrik plates (bracer, arm, shoulder pauldron): 9
Transparisteel (helmet visor): 6 (blasters, slugthrowers), 3 (lightsabers)
Duraplas (spine/back, helmet frame, boots): 4
Bodyglove: 7 (blasters/vibroblades), 3 (lightsabers, shatterguns, slugthrowers)

Special Features:
Armor
Chiyo Amulet
Anti-Energy Field
Duraplas spine guard (back)
Sasori Toolkit (wrists, left and right)

Helmet
HUD, Internal Overlay Display
Integrated Headset Comlink, with Audio/Visual Recorder
Polarized Anti-Flash Lenses, Electrobinoculars (X20), Range Finder
Sonic Dampeners
Combat Sensor
Environmental Filter, Oxygen Filtration System (Rebreather)
Agrinium Faraday Cage (Combat De-Ionizer)

Utility Belt
Power Pack
Multipurpose Pouches (x4)
Combat IFAK (Medpac)

Strengths:
Dark Side Imbued. Sith Alchemized synthetic lightsaber crystals have a powerful connection to the Dark Side of the Force. This is effect is quite useful for Darksiders as it can provide a minor battery of Dark Rage to help them combat the fatigue present within the battle. This sense of passion increases strength and power within the Dark Side of the Force, making the connection easier and overall more powerful.
Mobility. Deriving much of its protective properties from Shell Spider Silk and Armorweave, the armor eschews armor plates for a suit that is does not restrict the wearer's movement at all.

Weaknesses:
Here There Be Monsters. Dark Side presence imbued into the armor creates an aura of unease that may affect nearby Lightsiders and makes abilities which mask one's presence in the Force more difficult to utilize.
Limited Armor Plate Coverage. Phrik plates cover only a limited area on the arms and sides of the shoulders.
Achilles Heel. The back of the helmet is duraplas to save on weight, offering only light protection against attack.
Limited Lightsaber Resistance. This armor is made to repel blasters, making it weak against lightsabers.

Description:

Primary Source: Primeval Light Combat Armor

Marketplace Purchases:
AEL Warden Cloak
Sasori Toolkit

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
I never realized [member="Boo Chiyo"] had such amazing hips work it dude.

no but in all seriousness this is a pretty solid sub so far.

I would say duraplast instead of duraplas it is one of the best non restricted materials that is often overlooked.
THe Chiyo amulet should be either in the description or have a link if it does anything special

Really that is it you just need the strengths and weaknesses to balance.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Yeah, I'm working the Chiyo Amulet as a separate sub.

It's going to be a Dark Side counter to the Sasori Amulet. Because reasons, and I figure I can teach Sith Alchemy to the First Order.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Boo Chiyo"] hmm well the amulet is a counter to the traditional sith amulet so should be fun to see a counter counter amulet.

*starts plotting counter counter counter amulet*

[member="Matsu Ike"]

chiyo+amulet.png
Image Source: First Order Lapel Pin (photoshopped by me)

Intent: A Dark Side counterpart to the Silver Sanctum's Sasori Circlet, for use by the Knights of Ren.

Development Thread:
Twins Effect - Boo learns about Solari crystals and Alkahest. (12 posts)
Incense Game - Boo wear tests and experiences the Sasori Circlet during a trip with [member="Matsu Ike"]. (11 posts)
By The Pricking of My Thumbs - Constructing a Dark Side version of the Sasori Circlet. (20 posts)
43 posts total

Manufacturer: [member="Boo Chiyo"]

Model: Chiyo Amulet

Affiliation: The First Order

Modularity: No

Production: Limited (Knights of Ren)

Material: Alchemized Alumabronze, Synthetic Lightsaber Crystal

Strengths:
Dark Side Imbued. Enhances the wearer's use of Tapas, Force Barrier, and Dark Rage.
Shield Talisman. Provides a small shield off the body that is able to protect from environmental effects, such as regulating body temperature, filtering air, or protecting against acid rainfaill for as long as the shield is actively employed around the wearer.

Weaknesses:
Here There Be Monsters. Dark Side presence creates an aura of unease that may affect nearby Lightsiders and makes abilities which mask one's presence in the Force more difficult to utilize when the talisman is in use.
Requires the Dark Side of the Force. Does not work on planets or in areas where access to the Dark Side of the Force may be blocked, such as through the use of ysalmiri, Force Light, Solari crystals, etc.
Force Feeding. The energy to power this thing has to come from somewhere. And by "somewhere," I mean the wearer. When not actively in use, a weekly charge of Force energy is sufficient to maintain the magicks that imbue the talisman. When employed as a shield, the amulet saps away at the wearer's connection to the Force like the effect on a battery of a cell phone looking for a signal. The less stress on the shield, the less of a demand on the wearer. The more stress from the environment increases, the more fatiguing the talisman becomes.

Description: Having spent a substantial amount of time assisting both [member="Orihime Ike"] and [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] of the Silver Watch, Boo Chiyo became familiar with Solari crystals and the Alakhest magicks used by Jedi artisans to create talismans which enhanced their lightside abilities. Returning to his own studies of Sith Alchemy, the witch-boy set out to do as the Sith Sorcerers of old had done, and create a talisman for use by the Knights of Ren. One which would enhance their connection to the Dark Side of the Force, while also stylishly furthering the image of the First Order. The Chiyo Amulet was the result, and can be worn in a variety of situations as a pendant, lapel pin, or broach.

The self-described Chiyo Amulet is a basic Sith shield talisman, providing a Force-powered shield around the wearer, similar to a Force Barrier. Within that sphere of influence, the wearer may consciously or unconsciously adapt the environment around them to suit their comfort, such as cooling the body in warm or hot climates, or heating the body in cold or frigid ones. In part, this is due to the talisman enhancing the wearer's innate ability to use the Force to survive, such as through Tapas.

The talisman's shield comes at a price. The greater the pressure exerted upon the shield, such as in extremes of climate, the greater the demand on the wearer to supply power to the talisman. In nominal conditions, such as Type-II atmospheres, the wearer may only feel a mild fatigue. However, in harsh or toxic climates protracted use will quickly and utterly exhaust the wearer.

Primary Source: Sasori Circlet

References:
Canon
Shield Talisman @ Wookieepedia

SWChaos Canon
Sasori Amulet

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom