Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blood Must Not Answer Blood?

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
So, I think we need to have a little kumbaya moment, because things are getting a little out of hand.

I posted up a very serious thread looking for a solid IC fight. Now, I don't particularly know what's been going on in the Clans and Mandalorian Empire, I just know there was some OOC shenanigans. Whatever, I'm not in those chats. I didn't think it was going to effect me.

However, this is the sort of response I got:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/89795-blood-must-answer-blood/#entry1308830

Now I get declining a fight, but two sentences of blatant passive aggression? I just don't get why there's shade being thrown around and I think it's reached critical mass where people who aren't even involved in the OOC craziness basically get the bird just because of their faction.

Is this really how we are going to act, or are we going to sit down and talk things through? I'd love to get more involved in the Mandalorian factions, especially since there seems to be a lot of IC potential for the stuff going on right now, but if it's just going to be an OOC griping I don't want to bother.

I just want to establish a clear line of communication so we can all talk this through together :)

Ardasz Verd

A
The literal moment that this was said, you had 100% command of my attention:

Blood must answer blood. I, Kade of Clan Kelborn, challenge you to single combat in the circle, as was done in the old days. No aid but bare skin and beskad beneath Kad Ha'rangir's watch.

I don't care who you are, this is a challenge. Completely rational, completely IC, and by god, I have never seen anything so beautiful on Chaos.

[member="Kade Kelborn"]

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Kade Kelborn"]

Dude has had a bit of a rough week between a baby scare, supporting his fiancé, and now all this RP stuff. Arguably he's a little stressed and upset at the moment. So hey, let's have some empathy and stuff. Maybe now isn't the best time.

[member="Miss Blonde"], I guess that's fair but I think it'd be easier to say "Hey, rough week, not gonna do this now," rather than use me as an internet punching bag.

It's not mature and I think this goes deeper than just IRL issues. From what I've been hearing UCM and ME have been at each other's throats, kicking the others' members from chats, etc. It's not a one-sided thing. Both factions are spooled up. I just thought it was all hyperbolic.

What's the deal?

[member="Anija Betna"]

Braith Achlys said:
Did you PM the other writer before you posted this discussion to try to talk this through?

Yep. He was not receptive, but this is not about myself and the other writer. This is about the mandalorian factions and how they interact with each other OOC.

We are going to have an educated discussion about this, without resulting to insults, in the open where everyone can see it. Transparency and open communication are really critical.

The drama has reached exploding points. That's what has happened.

It might also be that not everyone is one the same page and people are being told one thing whilst members of the faction do another. Ya know ?
[member="Kade Kelborn"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
giphy.gif

Praying for this thread.

Ardasz Verd

A
From a completely IC standpoint, the character Kade is reacting to a tragedy in the way his character would. I'm not going to take a side here, because I understand the position Isley is in out of character is a bit hectic, but let's not pretend this isn't a little silly. [member="Kade Kelborn"] definitely deserved more than a two line post about [member="Isley Verd"] not giving a damn, because that's really not civil. There is a heap of ooc going into that interaction that just is not water soluble.

At this point, what we really need to do is all sit down and have a come to Jesus talk about how it's all going to be resolved. If we can't do that, this is going to be exacerbated into a giant ooc feckfest that no one is going to want anything to do with.

IC, if you're going to spurn Kade, Isley, you should do so with a bit more meat, and you don't even need to justify it. Just don't expect there to be a very positive reception, especially after a challenge like that.

OOC, EVERYONE BE CIVIL TOWARD EACH OTHER PLZ

Thanks, [member="Darian Beviin"], but as I said I think it's about more than just two writers having a bad day. It's about two factions that over the past week or so have just devolved into bared fangs and insults that have really transcended the IC in a bad way and I'm hoping we can say what's going on in this thread. If you feel OOC hostility you shouldn't hunker down and pretend it doesn't exist, especially if it's a faction wide thing.

Let's talk this out.

To be fair, Savarok's attack was unsanctioned, and condemned by the Mandalorian Empire, which im pretty sure was made very clear in the terrorist attack as it were. Hes been disavowed and this whole duel was kind of... jumping the gun. Especially considering that Isley has made it very clear he does not support the actions made by the rogue Gendai. He would have no obligation to entertain the challenge as it is on false pretenses... come on guys, no need to continue this story of making the ME out to be villains when there are actual villains called the Sith. We caught the Rogue Gendai (Well are trying to) and we all want him killed, why create conflict for the sake of conflict when there is no reason to.

Lets try and put behind this stupid back and forth that is achieving nothing except the twisting of facts...

[member="Kade Kelborn"]

Well it is sort of the same as the UCM reaction to my IC post on Gray when he mentioned the united clans (council specifically but forgot to mention that at the time) had lied, deceived, and not been honorable. A lot of them said he was iocalling him dar'manda when he never said it, and I got kicked out of their chat as soon as they noticed it. The action was IC yet I got an OOC reaction. No one even talked to me about it first, and thats the main root of all of this. I get where you are coming from and agree with you. I would suggest you just ask Isley if he would be willing to change the post when he is less out of it. He is really out of it right now OOCly, so while as messed up as what happened was there is a reason for it. Just give it a bit of time and I am sure you will get something better than what you got. If not then report it.

[member="Gray Raxis"],

Fair. Although you know that back in the Wild West calling someone a liar was a very, very serious offense, right? People got shot over that. I think Mandalorians are the same way. It's a Warrior Culture based on honor. You insult that honor, someone's going to get mad.

I agree that you being kicked out of chat is a bridge too far and that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. Why is this translating into OOC stuff? Because from what I hear from the Clans, you were kicked out as a sort of OOC reprisal attack because several Clan members were kicked out of ME chat and ME described that action as "Taking out the Trash."

[member="Gray Raxis"]
You getting booted out of chat without notice or conversation shouldn't have happened. Flat out, that was uncalled for. I'm not in that chat, nor do I have any power over it, but I can still say that much.

However, calling an old war dog who holds honor as the highest value, and honorless and deceitful, well, its not a far jump. You posted IC, I reacted IC as Rach, Alec reacted IC.

I don't know where this drama started, I just want it dead because I don't dislike any of you OOC.

Deneve Verd said:
The drama has reached exploding points. That's what has happened.
This. This is the BEST answer you will EVER find on this, man.

I am just gonna say this..... and frankly, a LOT of people are NOT gonna like this, but its VERY true:

I have been the personal butt of a LOT of Mandolorian OOC irrational, immature action based on IC nonsense that frankly even I have NO CLUE how they could be mad about...... even IC-ly. Not going there right now. I have been subject to their "You can't be our friend" meta-gaming, double standards, exculsion, and a LOT of selective memory.

Am I looking to stir up a fight right now? No, I am not. Just stating facts.

Is it fair? No. Its Mando.

There. Done been said.

[member="Kade Kelborn"]

EDIT: this too sums up a lot:

Gray Raxis said:
its just a total crape shoot right now with all of the OOC reactions to IC stuff. There is a lot of picking out of minor details too to justify actions that dont make sense with the bigger picture, but thats kind of what always happens after a point in any RP

ME chat is a drama free zone. The two individuals who were removed from that chat were at the center of numerous arguments in the chat. While the angst was high upon their removal, it was not done simply because they were UCM Members.

[member="Kade Kelborn"]

To be fair, no chat is 'drama free' Izevel. Ill be the first to admit things have spiraled too far because of some very bad actions taken over the last month, but hopefully things can simmer down and after time the two factions can talk on equal terms. It might be best to simply let everything cool off, ehh?

-Looks around-

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Oh i expected an IC reaction to it and it wasn't said to be treated lightly. Gray's goal is to address the issues lying within the current Mandalorian culture. If he can fire up some people and make them begin to examine their actions then he is doing what he feels must be done. His goal really isn't to start a war or anything because Mandalorains shouldn't kill Mandalorians as he said, but he does know there will be some fighting because Mandos.

But yeah, its just a total crape shoot right now with all of the OOC reactions to IC stuff. There is a lot of picking out of minor details too to justify actions that dont make sense with the bigger picture, but thats kind of what always happens after a point in any RP or even in RL.

Correction; ME chat attempts to keep the drama on the down low.

Now, I'm going to be frank. I have sat by and watched Isley go out of his way to try and smooth things over with the FO of the UCM only to be shot down or given the short end of the stick. Or to be told no because of ic actions. How are we supposed to co-exist as two factions if the admin team of the other faction won't work with us?There is only so much a person can do. Isley has been trying to make things work since the ME went major but has anyone played ball?No. No they haven't. The UCM views the ME as a competition faction and has gone out of their way to slander and play the 'they aren't real Mandalorians card' This is supposed to be a place of fun. But, all I have witnessed is petty drama.

[member="Kade Kelborn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom