Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Black Rose Trench Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
DbUvYpI.png
Bv6dy13.png

Image Source: http://i.imgur.com/Bv6dy13.png

Development Thread: [####]

Manufacturer: Inquisition Industries™ Arm's, Sanya Val Lerium

Model: Black Rose Trench

Affiliation: [member="Sanya Val Lerium"], [member="Camellia Swift"] and one to be brought open market contract

Modularity: sleaves can be taken off and put back on, underlay can be taken off and put back on

Production: Semi-Unique (3)

Material: Laminanium, armor weave, bantha fur underlay

Classification: Treanch Coat

Weight: 5kg

Quality: 7

Kinetic/Physical: 3
Blaster: 6
Lightsaber: 0
Electrical: 0
Environmental: 3
Force: 0

blaster resistant - has decent protection against blaster fire
self repairing - can self repair almost any damage

Special Features:
Self repairing
Blaster resistant
Waterproofed

Description:

While ware and tear on this coat is almost impossible to happen it isn't one made specifically for combat but can be used in those situations. It dose offer some protection from blasters and such energy type weapons, I was only added in to be placed over the few layers of laminanium. The laminanium it's self is a self repairing material useful at keeping items maintained. Although if the metal gains to much damage in one go wiping out most the metal in one chunck it wouldn't be able to property repair it's self. It would take approximately one hundred repairs before the metal is almost exhausted and would need replacing and depending on the damage the more of it the longer it will take. Blaster shots would take approximately five minutes while a large gash could take longer than fifteen. As long as the main shape still exists it will cover up it's patches. Aesthetically the coat has three parts the main body, the sleaves and it's underlay. These parts are all separate but apart of the same thing. This means the sleaves and underlay can be removed. After all who would need the underlay if your on a burning hot planet. On the inside of the trench coat are two large pockets two blaster holsters and two saber clips this allows easy access. The pockets are sealed in case the wearer needs to go through deep water protection devices from water damage.

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Rusty

Hi, I'm Rusty and I'll be taking over this submission.

Given all the trouble this submission had before, I think it's worth trying something different here. I want you to add two things.

Firstly:

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Instead of just putting Quality 7, we're going to break this value down a little. This is something we've been testing out on other submissions, and given the contentious nature of this one thus far, it seems like a good choice. What I would like for you to do is break down the armor's quality like so:

Kinetic/Physical: Covers bullets and blades, as well as blunt force trauma
Blaster: Covers blasters and blaster-like things
Lightsaber: Lightsabers
Electrical: Stuff like Force Lightning and other electrical-based attacks
Environmental: Covers things like heat, gas, etc
Force: Force based attacks not covered by other categories

Please provide a rating for each category, going from 1-10 much like you would normally. This will take the place of the normal quality figure.

Secondly:

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Self repairing
Need to know long it takes to repair itself, and how many repairs it can perform before the laminanium ingot needs to be replaced. We're not talking a full rebuild, just patching up a bullet hole or something about that size.

Tag me once you've got the edits made. Thanks much.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Rusty"]

Depending on the amount/size of repairing needed would differ the time and how much it would take till it needs a top up.

Id say if it was a single blaster shot possibly 15 minutes then a 0.5x multipyer upon every other shot after.

If it was needing a decent amount of repair weekly in the sw universe maybe a month till it becomes to thin for it to make repairs properly.

Also edited and added in a little bit in the description

laminanium it's self is a self repairing material useful at keeping items maintained. Although if the metal gains to much damage in one go wiping out most the metal in one chunck it wouldn't be able to property repair it's self. As long as the main shape still exists it will cover up it's patches.

Rusty

It seems I wasn't clear.

All you have to do is assign values to the following categories:

Kinetic/Physical: Covers bullets and blades, as well as blunt force trauma
Blaster: Covers blasters and blaster-like things
Lightsaber: Lightsabers
Electrical: Stuff like Force Lightning and other electrical-based attacks
Environmental: Covers things like heat, gas, etc
Force: Force based attacks not covered by other categories

I just need it for the overall armor, not the individual components.

I'm not worried about a multiplier for the damage or anything, just give me a number. 1 minute? 3 minutes? Can it heal itself once? Twice? Ten times? No point in over-complicating things.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Rusty"]

5 minuets for something the size of a blaster shot
15 for the size of tare made by a saber or sword

That seems more appropriate for timing I guess

And it can repair it's self as many times as it wants long as it's topped up.

Rusty

Assume you don't have a spare ingot of laminanium on hand and you can't top it off. How many times can it repair itself before it can no longer do it? Trying to establish some baseline numbers here.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
Still need the edits made to the quality section.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Rusty"]

I dont know I'd be taking a guess. Saying most of the weight is the metal I'd say anything under 100 repairs saying the only consecutive damage is by blaster shots. Also you have really confused me with the quality thing so if you would like could you show me exactly how you'd do it or feel free to edit it in.

Rusty

Take a guess then.

Once you've added your guess to the description and filled out the quality in the manner requested (an example may be found here), let me know and we'll move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom