Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Biot Jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucrezia

Vong-formed Imperial Knight/Joiner drone/Imperial
Image Source:
Intent: A basic ship component that can be used for Wey'lan ships
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Wey'lan Dyu'tani
Model: Biogel
Affiliation: Private Market
Modularity: Modular for Vehicles and Ships
Production: Limited

Material: Biot Jelly

Strengths:
  • Makes a layer of Force Deadness
Weaknesses:
  • Provides no Armor Protection
  • Increases weight of ships and vehicles
  • Causes heavy restriction of movement
  • Highly Flamable
  • Vulnerable to Baffor Pollen

Description: Designed as part of ships and vehicles that Wey'lan is able to use and make. The bio jelly is thick and much like many of the biots of the vong force dead... but there is some more to it. It isn't exactly the most fluid being more like a thick soup of biot restricting movements. It makes it unreliable to try and use for anything short of vehicles and ships as wearing it wouldn't let you really move around or have range of movement. The benefit might be there but it is not very effect as protection from impact or weapons fire which is why it should be put in between two layers of metal for yourself. The concept of using it for ships or vehicles allows them to be able to resist being targeted by the force traditionally. Projectiles are something that can still be used against it but both offensive and defensive force abilities cannot penetrate the layer of the hull with it. Meaning a battle meditator would only be able to go through the ship itself but not out or be outside but unable to target the crew of the ship for mental influence. The jelly is in the end still alive semi, compared to many fo the other biots that serve a function it is more like the failures from growth and while still functioning is not fully formed. This gives it the vulnerability to baffor pollen and sparkbee honey if you are not careful and leave areas of it exposed. The other big thing is how large of a ship it can go on as the optimal use would be to coat a worldship in the unique cases while smaller ships can get more use. Wey'lan usually doesn't make ships larger then three kilometers in shipwombs which is a good size for one of a kind designs and semi special ones of smaller versions like star destroyer size. Down to fighters they can make a lot more of.
Primary Source:
unique 2,500m-Flagship
semi unique 1,500m-2,499m
limited 1m-1,499m

Tanomas Graf

T
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Tanomas Graf

T
Hello there [member="Lucrezia"]! I'll be judging your submission today.

So, to sum this all up, this is a jelly that you can apply to your ship to make it resist Force abilities, right? If so, I believe mass-produced for ships is way over the line, as I imagine that it'd be very difficult to procure enough of this force-deadening jelly to cover entire starships.

My recommendation is that you limit the use of the jelly to something the size of say, a starfighter or small corvette, and still retain mass production.

Lucrezia

[member="Tanomas Graf"] well it is from a vong company that makes biots so making is not really the issue but the production matters less to me then just getting it for future submissions of special ships. So if I can keep the ability for other ships at a lower production value I would prefer that. Vong biots and jelly from them to make a layer on a ship much like you can with the biogel and that impact gel for drop pods.

Tanomas Graf

T
[member="Lucrezia"]

Alright, you can keep it for larger ships but lower the production to limited, I don't want to see this used all willy-nilly.

Tanomas Graf

T
Awesome [member="Lucrezia"]!

Passing this on to [member="Spencer Varanin"] for approval! Thanks! :D

[member="Lucrezia"]

I need a limit on how large of a ship this can be used on. You're taking living organism(s) and putting them inside the hull of hundreds of meters of starships.

Is this biogel alive?

While your weaknesses state this should not be used for personal armor, this isn't a weakness that balances out the strength of total negation of the force. I need a more suitable weakness - saying it is highly flammable would work perfectly well, and is something I would highly suggest to push this through the approval process.

Lucrezia

[member="Darth Vitium"] edited in the flame and pollen for weaknesses and for sizes. Also addressed the biogel's status in the description. It is alive but more made from the failed ones and use every part.

unique 2,500m-Flagship
semi unique 1,500m-2,499m
limited 1m-1,499m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom