Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be Very, Very Quiet. I'm Hunting Rabbits!

Va'art.

There was not much that could inspire the Sith Lord to travel halfway across the Galaxy these days. In the interest of keeping his head safely attached to his shoulders, he tended to stay within friendly borders or close to his company's holdings. However, there was a simple reality that had been grating at his patience for far too long: the lack of suitable armor. In the wake of the so-called Fall, nearly everything he possessed had been stolen by culprits unknown. Somehow or another, that included his beskar'gam...and he really liked that armor.

However, in light of his acceptance of who and what he was, donning Mandalorian Armor was not exactly a step in the right direction. So much had changed within his mind and soul that an exterior change was quite warranted. To this end, Darth Metus ventured forth across the stars in order to procure the first piece in creating a new set of armor: the hide of a Taozin. Although rare in the Galaxy, the Sith knew where to find the elusive creatures, for this was not the first time that he had sought them out. In fact, Taozin had been incorporated into his former suit of armor and had been procured from the very same spot that Darth Metus currently headed towards.

Upon breaking free of Hyperspace above Va'art, the Sith Lord awakened the cloaking device aboard his vessel; for he would rather be safe than sorry. He then guided the vessel down to the very same coordinates that had been afforded to him during his first visit by a fellow alchemist. The engines were killed, his sniper rifle was procured, and Darth Metus briskly made his way down onto the jungle world.

[member="Elroth Vandire"]

Revenge. As simple and cliche as the word was in today's galaxy, it fit Elroth's mindset. Was he going to be foolish about it and get himself killed in a firefight? Of course not. He knew the terms engagement and kept his training closer to his heart than his own gun(s). Coordinates had been given to the ex-Imperial Officer via gunpoint, and from the looks of it, he was given the wrong information. Figures. He would have to make a returning visit and "complain" about his dissatisfaction. But while Elroth was on this world, he would search regardless of false leads. He could not afford to simply ignore anything, for he was on a hunt.

A hunt for Mandalorian blood and a creation that never should have been, a child grown into an unstable abomination. It was not only this that preoccupied his time, much more was on his plate than one would like to reveal. For all intents and purposes, the man was a terrorist. His true vision of vengeance was to tear down the Imperial banners that he once stood in front of with respect; however, what was to respect of an Empire that threw its assets around? For this very reason, he despised the Sith and their political motives.

Elroth's ship sat in a small clearing, hidden from sight by large amounts of vegetation and brush. He sat in the pilot's chair for a moment before looking next to him and grabbing his helmet. Blackened and made of armorplast, along with plating that layered his armorweave coat. Upon heading towards the exit ramp, he grabbed an assault rifle and the rest of his gear.

Now was the time to hunt.

[member="Darth Metus"]

For the most part, the Sith Lord's initial moments on the jungle moon went well. Having landed relatively close to the cavern he sought, Darth Metus indulged himself with a pace characterized by leisure for a few minutes. After all, his senses and the scanners within his helm assured him that he was very much alone...save for the insects fluttering about. As such, he felt comfortable taking his time; for it had been so long since he had the luxury of being comfortable. Yet, as the ancient saying went: "All good things must come to an end."

And soon, the Sith Lord found that he was not alone.

Above, the roar of engines gripped his attention before his eyes looked skyward. He witnessed the swift descent of a ship penetrate the heavens before coming to a landing in a clearing not a long ways off. This both startled and frustrated the Sith Lord, for he was not anticipating company during this trip. As such, Darth Metus instinctively reached for his saber and held it aloft before moving in the direction of the ship. He stopped just short of the clearing before moving into cover behind a gaggle of shrubbery.

It wasn't comfortable, but it would give him a much needed view of the new arrival. Upon descending the ramp, the Sith Lord was afforded the view of a single man, armed with a rifle. He did not sense a large Force presence from this individual, nor did he see a lightsaber...but there were pockets for a reason...There were only a handful of ways to approach this, for obviously the man would hear the battle between the Sith and his prey momentarily. That would draw undue attention and that was not what Darth Metus wanted.

Unslinging his sniper rifle, the Sith got the man in his sights...before reaching out with the Force. He spoke directly into his mind, attempting to discern intentions. "I don't know who you are...but you have a sniper rifle aimed for your skull. I'm a rather good shot as well. So why don't you raise your hands and tell me what you're doing here."

[member="Elroth Vandire"]

As much as Elroth had promised himself he wouldn't screw up and get noticed first, he certainly just did.

"I don't know who you are...but you have a sniper rifle aimed for your skull. I'm a rather good shot as well. So why don't you raise your hands and tell me what you're doing here."

He came to a halt. The voice he heard was in no way familiar, but it had a certain vibe to it that conveyed confidence. Elroth grinned behind his helmet and slowly put down his rifle next to his feet, rising back up only to have his hands in the air. After all, the man didn't come this far just to die without answers or closure. He let out a brief sigh, still smiling as he was about to speak. His helmet would modulate his voice into a sort of metallic, mechanical tone. This was simply there to further mask his identity. "So then we're both strangers it seems. And I thought I'd be the only soul on this planet. But do tell first what you're doing here? After all, how should I be certain that my life isn't in danger? I could be an ordinary man trying to make a few credits off of some hides."

Elroth wasn't exactly sure where this mysterious self-proclaimed marksman was, but rest assured,the ex-Imperial wasn't as defenseless as he appeared from a distance.

It was understandable that his path may cross with others that he had no intentions for, let alone hostiles that would surely draw their gun first just to prove a point or maintain dominance in a situation. But to be on the other end of a sniper's barrel? Never once had that crossed Elroth's mind as a desirable predicament. The most he could do is stay still and chance upon conversation to keep from being blasted down.

[member="Darth Metus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom