Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle Diplomacy

He'd made his trip back to Eshan, and had been gone for only about a weeks time. It was a long week, though. Made lengthy because of the fact that he was forced to be apart from the Vice Chancellor, which meant that he had to trust her to be kept safe by the young woman she'd hired from Omega Pyre. He wasn't entirely sure that he trusted her, but he did trust her judgment.

Now the transport was arriving back on Coruscant. He'd called ahead to let Hanna know he was returning, and to have her arrange for a meeting between him and some members of the Republic government. Preference was for the Chancellor herself to at least be present, and possibly a few senators as well. He'd let her know that his return was as Ambassador of the Echani Compact and that he would have a small honor guard with him.

The group left the ship and departed for the Senate building. He did hope that everything had been arranged as he asked, but he was certain that Hanna would do an excellent job. There was none better. When they arrived, the small group left the ship and walked towards the building, prepared to be intercepted.

Hanna had sent the news, and the meeting room had been prepared, She wasn't sure who was actually going to show up, She had been working hard all week, hoping that perhaps during the weekend she could see Kamon again. She had asked for either Flint or Aurellia to show up but she wasn't sure if they would both or just one would come. She wanted to get as many non her in here, so that her slight bias wouldn't be callled out on, if things went foul.

She was too embarrassed to have both Hevanna and kamon in the same room, after what had transpired, she wasn't sure what Kamon would think but she would tell him. She had to, So here she waited, smiling noting that a couple senators were on there way, she gave the room a once over and sent her aide to fill everyones water glasses.

Senator Brunswick took the elevator down to the main grounds of the Senate Building. It was a sunny afternoon in the Galactic City, and Darren Brunswick was greeted by the usual humming of Courascant's air traffic as he stepped out of the elevator. Today was going to be a big big day. According to what some of his fellow senators told him, apparently the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor, and even perhaps the Supreme Commander would be in a meeting with them. They, along with him and his some of his fellow senators, would be negotiating with an ambassador from the Echani Compact.

Partly because he wanted to see the ambassador for himself before the meeting, and also because he wasn't too sure on exactly where the meeting was going to be taking place, he had made his way down to the grounds. He was informed by the military officers on the ground then on where the meeting room was, but then their conversation was cut short when a transport landed near the Senate building. As they were required to do so, the military officers hurriedly moved forward to greet the people exiting the shuttle. Brunswick was about to take the elevator back up when he realized that the group coming towards the Senate Building were none other than Ambassador of the Echani Compact and his guards. He whirled around and quickly walked up to the ambassador and his guards along with the military officers. "Ah, ambassador! Good to have you back in Courascant." exclaimed Senator Brunswick as he reached out with his hand for a handshake with the ambassador.

As they walked, he caught sight of one of the Senators amongst the people nearby. The man saw them and turned to approach. One of the guards moved as if to intercept, but Kamon shifted a little his way and the man backed off. Slightly body movements were easy for an Echani to read the intentions of. That simple shift had just told the guard that it was alright and he had things under control.

When the man approached and offered his hand, and his greeting, Kamon reached out and clasped his hand in return. Shaking it, with a firm grip, he slowly released it as he looked the man in the eyes.

"Senator. It's good to be back. Are you one of those involved in this meeting?"

He motioned for the man to walk with them, as he had no intention of being late. Hanna would skin him alive if he showed up to his own meeting late. Besides it would look bad on her if she'd called a meeting and he never showed up.

Senator Brunswick shook hands with the ambassador, also looking back at him in the eye. Darren Brunswick nodded when the man asked him if he was participating in the meeting. "Yes... I believe that even the Chancellor may be present at the meeting." stated Brunswick as he led the group towards the front of the building.

As they walked the senator checked his watch, and let out a suprised gasp. "Well, ambassador, I'm hoping you've got plenty of rest during your trip here, cause right now we've go no time for relaxation." he announced, hurrying his walking pace. They soon reached the front of the building, where two soldiers were guarding the elevator. "Notify the Vice Chancellor that the ambassador has arrived. Ask her if everything is ready..." he told the nearest officer, whom immiediately contacted the vice chancellor.

Vincent waddled toward the echani diplomatic procession from the large door that lead back into the Senate Building with a curious eye. The cunning dwarf had heard of the echani's martial prowess and wanted to see for himself the renowned echani. He approached the Kuatian Senator and Echani Jedi cautiously as he received looks from some of the guards as if he should have, or would have, been dashed against the rocks if he'd been born echani.

"Hello Ambassador." Hey said as he walked with an outstretched hand.

"I rested well enough. Eshan isn't far, but it's far enough to allow resting time on the flight."

They walked along and he noted the man calling to the Vice Chancellor. He knew Hanna would have everything ready, but protocol was protocol so he wouldn't question the mans actions. As they walked, a dwarf approached them and offered his hand. Kamon had no idea who this person was, but he clearly knew that Kamon was the Echani Ambassador. That was curious, but Kamon reached out to shake his hand without stopping.

"Hello," he said. "You'll have to excuse me for not stopping to talk, I have a meeting to attend."

This whole political nonsense was not something he particularly enjoyed. In fact, he rather detested it. But it was what it was. He'd been asked by the Council to serve as Ambassador to the Republic, and he was not going to refuse. This was important to the safety of his people.

Aurelia was waiting in the meeting room when the Senators and the Ambassador arrived. She looked up from her notes. "Ah, Ambassador, so nice to see you again. I believe we met briefly a few months ago at the Jedi Temple." She offered a slight bow.
"Senators, if you will be seated, we will begin. Ambassador, why don't you begin by introducing why you are here."

Soon, the party had made their way into the meeting room. And thank the Force, Brunswick had found the right room where the meeting was to be held.
Senator Brunswick immiediately bowed to Chancellor Saelari, and strode over to a near chair, making himself comfortable and got ready to hear the ambassador on whatever issue that concerned him.

Eventually they arrived at their destination. He spotted Hanna and smiled at her, but then turned his focus back to why he was there. The Chancellor was there. Intriguing. He nodded his head to her and to the others that were gathered as he moved to stand before them. This was what he had hoped for and he was pleased with the turnout. Hanna had done well.

"Very well, Chancellor, and it's a pleasure to see you as well."

He cleared his throat.

"I am here not as a Jedi Master or as a citizen of the Republic. I am here because I am half-Echani. The Echani Council asked me to be their Ambassador to the Republic and I accepted. The Compact is growing. They have concerns about losing their heritage and I understand their concerns. We encroach on their territories from the Core, and the Mandalorians encroach from the outer systems. Sandwiched between is a concern for us.

"The Echani have no problem with the Republic. Many, such as myself, have been great Jedi Masters who have served the Republic. We might be fighters, and we might talk through combat, but that does not mean we seek to be like the Mandalorians, Sith, or the other destructive races. We conquer, sure, but we rebuild what we conquer.

"The reason I am here is because I've been tasked with negotiating an alliance between the Compact and the Republic. The Council feels that the goals of our two factions align most, and with Compact space on your border, we seek to ensure that no unnecessary war breaks out. We will do you no harm, in return for you promising the same, and we will assist you should you require it. If you feel that is beneficial to the Republic, then I trust you will accept."

Hanna smiled, It was Kamon, she had to resist the urge to run over too him, she sat down instead, She had to keep her mind on business after all. She of course had everything ready and told her aide to ignore the call. Like Hann wouldn't have everything ready, there was reason this meeting had happened and she was going to see it through to perfection. She would let the Chancellor take care of it, she had a conflict of interest, and plus it wasn't her place. It was hard for hanna to resist not staring at Kamon in a less than professonal way, but she managed it. She instead, motioned for her aide to bring over the snacks that she had prepared.

"The reason I am here is because I've been tasked with negotiating an alliance between the Compact and the Republic. The Council feels that the goals of our two factions align most, and with Compact space on your border, we seek to ensure that no unnecessary war breaks out. We will do you no harm, in return for you promising the same, and we will assist you should you require it. If you feel that is beneficial to the Republic, then I trust you will accept." finished the ambassador.
Darren Brunswick nodded politely, and gave smiled at the ambassador. "I personally do support a creation of an alliance. We, or at least I, shall have no problem being friends and allies again with the former Jedi Masters who have served in the republic. I say that it is essential for us to create a strong alliance with the Compact... and in the process of doing so, clearly mark our borders between both of our factions." he said, eyeing the snacks that Vice Chancellor's aide had brought in.

Aurelia listened to the proposal, and mostly agreed with Senator Brunswick's assessment.

"Ambassador, your world is in a difficult situation, I know. However, I am willing to enter an alliance with you. We will respect your autonomy internal and external, though we shall expect trading rights to be allowed on Eshan. In return we expect you to help us in any defensive conflict as part of the treaty, and vice versa. Echani warriors are legendary for their skills, and thus we could well use your assistance as a block to the growing power of the Sith. We will prepare a draft treaty which will be approved by both sides before signing. Is there anything more we need discuss?"

Kamon listened to Darren first, and nodded his head.

"I agree, Senator. Clear lines are important to all of us."

Then it was Aurelia's turn to speak and he turned his attention to her. Of course Echani warrior skills were legendary. Their greatest rivals were the Mandalorians who were known for their combat skills. Kamon hadn't ever fought a Mando himself, but he knew that one of the Council members had just recently done so at the behest of the warrior who had come to negotiate. He'd left Eshan just after that.

"That is acceptable to both parties and I am authorized to review the terms once they have been drawn up. I speak for the Council in these matters and am authorized to sign. I look forward to the drawn up terms and there is nothing further to discuss on my end at this time."

Hanna smiled as she shooed the aide away, apparently there wasn't meant to be time for snacks, " Well then, Shall we reconvene at an later time? " She said hoping that all they agreed while also figuring how far away she had to get away to safely assault the ambassador. She wanted to see him, She hadn't seen him in a long time, and she needed to get close to him again. She had to be professonal, Hanna waited calmly, hiding her desire to see it with her smile and confidence. " I for one don't see a reason to prolong this meeting any longer. "

Brunswick nodded with a smile at both the Chancellor and ambassador's words. He believed the republic wouldn't have too much difficulty getting along with the Echani.
" Well then, Shall we reconvene at an later time? I for one don't see a reason to prolong this meeting any longer. " came the voice of the Vice Chancellor.
Senator Brunswick wistfully glanced as she shooed away the snack, his stomach growling slightly in hunger. It was almost lunch time.
"I agree with you, Vice Chancellor. I trust that the draft for the treaty will be made ready by the next time we resume..? I personally very much look forward to signing the treaty, and will help create it if needed."
With a short bow to the Chancellor and the Vice Chancellor, and a handshake with the ambassador, Brunswick stood up and decided to get something for lunch.

"No, I believe everything is done here. I will draw up with the cabinet an appropriate treaty. From there we shall have it signed as soon as practical. Thank you, Ambassador, your presence here has been most helpful."
The Chancellor rose and left the room, flanked by her guards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom