Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Bareesh Gank Squads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilbert_Logo_copy.png
THE GANK SQUADS
gank_killer_by_michal266-d8e9uhm.png
OOC INFORMATION
  • Intent: To flesh out Gorba's primary hit men.
  • Image Credit: ​Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/306878162084542882/
  • Mandalorian Mercs Krayt Clan Emblem by Mercs.Firespray
  • Source: Lords of Nad Hutta Sourcebook.
  • Lords of Nal Hutta Fantasy Flight Games by Lucas Arts
[*]Links: N/A
UNIT INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: BK Gank Squads
  • Affiliation: Bareesh Kajidic
  • Classification: Mercenaries
  • Equipment: Body armor; cybernetic enhancements; BlasTech, Arkayd Industries, and Czerka Arms weaponry.
COMBAT INFORMATION
  • Availability: Rare
  • Deployment: Limited
TRAITS
  • [Strength] Pervasive Cybernetics- Cybernetic enhancements have allowed many Ganks to overcome their normally unimposing physique. They hit harder, move faster, and have generally higher stamina and reflex speed than other units.
  • [Strength] Pack Mentality - Pack oriented by nature, Ganks prefer to work in groups to take down targets. This makes them excellent for ambush and small squad tactics. Utilizing brain implants, Ganks can communicate with one another in complete silence via
  • [Weakness] Pervasive Cybernetics - While their ability to withstand damage is celebrated, Ganks' ability to withstand ionic and EMP attacks is not. If hit with such an attack, a Gank essentially goes from being a formidable warrior to a short, stocky humanoid with a lot of extra metal weight to drag around. And non-functioning limbs. It's not pretty.
  • [Weakness] Pack Mentality - Ganks do not work well with non-Ganks. Ganks deployed as part of larger forces will frequently pick fights and cause disicipline issues, making them a liability in larger engagements and severely limiting the scenarios which this unit can operate in.
  • [Weakness] Separation Anxiety - Cutting Ganks off from their pack in the middle of combat, either physically or by communicating jamming, tends to make them more prone to error as anger, distress, and anxiety start to seep in. The effect of this increases the longer the Gank is cut off.

DESCRIPTION

Cold-blooded contract killers, the Gank Squads employed by the Bareesh Kajidic are ruthlessly efficient. They generally operate in squads of anywhere between four and twelve individuals. Aside from their cybernetic implants, Ganks are very rarely seen without full combat armor on, much like Ubese mercenaries.

Bareesh' Ganks typically work for credits on a contract-by-contract basis. However, it is known that Bareesh keeps a list of each squads' jobs, with milestone rewards in the form of cutting-edge cybernetic implants. For instance, upon the completion of a tenth job every Gank in that squad might receive an adrenaline implant.

Usually, there are at least four to five squads on the Bareesh payroll at all times. These squads are used as the special forces of the kajidic. Typical jobs include eliminating high level targets that assassins couldn't take out solo, or recovering valuable assets from enemy territory.

Please source all the images in your submission as outlined in this guide.

Gorba the Hutt said:
[Strength] Cyborgs- Ganks, while short and stocky, have implanted themselves with cybernetics. In fact, the number of cybernetics a Gank has is linked to social status. Thus, Ganks end up operating at a superhuman level.
To what extent? Please clarify this.

[member="Gorba the Hutt"]​

Pinterest is not a proper source for the image, please conduct a reverse image search (through a website such as tineye.com) and try to track down the original source for the image.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Thus, Ganks end up operating at a vastly superhuman level. They run faster, punch harder, have dizzying reflexes, and have incredible stamina. A squad of Ganks would give a Jedi a hard time.
Please clarify, comparing their abilities to that of a normal human.

Gorba the Hutt said:
[Weakness] All Bite, No Bark - Ganks do not work well with others. They do not enjoy talking to non-Ganks. If a squad of Ganks is paired with another group of non-Ganks to get a job done it would not be surprising to find out the group of non-Ganks died during the job.
This is not a sufficent weakness. To balance out the Gank's superhuman abilties, I'm going to ask you to add another substantial, combat related weakness. Examples of such include:
  • Restricted to only using light armour or no armour.
  • Berserk: Once the battle is underway, the unit become berserk thus, rendering them difficult to control.

Aster Rose Baelor said:
Pinterest is not a proper source for the image, please conduct a reverse image search (through a website such as tineye.com) and try to track down the original source for the image.
I have. That is the only source.

Please clarify, comparing their abilities to that of a normal human.
I believe I did clarify. Perhaps there is a miscommunication. What is it exactly you want me to discuss regarding their abilities?

Edit: I'm going to assume you meant quantify when you say clarify. I'm against numbers games, but we'll go with x2 speed, strength, etc. as that seems to be the norm.

Aster Rose Baelor said:
This is not a sufficent weakness. To balance out the Gank's superhuman abilties, I'm going to ask you to add another substantial, combat related weakness. Examples of such include:
That weakness is meant to counter the strength that they work well together in a pack. The first weakness listed counters their cybernetic abilities.

Getting crippled by EMPs and Ion weaponry is an enormous weakness that can basically make them useless. How does that not balance out the superhuman abilities afforded them by their cybernetics?

However, I have reduced their availability and deployment to rare and limited to reflect their combat capabilities.

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

Gorba the Hutt said:
Edit: I'm going to assume you meant quantify when you say clarify.
Apologies, poor wording on my part.

Gorba the Hutt said:
Getting crippled by EMPs and Ion weaponry is an enormous weakness that largely eliminates their cyborg abilities if you are equipped with such weapons.
A weakness to EMP is pretty much a given for cyborgs.

Gorba the Hutt said:
The "doesn't work well with others" weakness counters the fact that they work extremely well in a group of Ganks, since they work horribly with non-Ganks. However, I have reduced their availability and deployment to rare and limited to reflect their combat capabilities.
Lowering their availbility is not enough as their doesn't work well with others weakness cannot be reliability roleplayed out.

Aster Rose Baelor said:
A weakness to EMP is pretty much a given for cyborgs.

The fact that it is an obvious weakness does not meant that it is not still a huge weakness.

When I point at a Nebulon-B and say "the spar in the middle is very thin, so it can snap in half easily" people might call me Captain Obvious, but that does not make the observation, and the weakness therein, any less true.

Aster Rose Baelor said:
Lowering their availbility is not enough as their doesn't work well with others weakness cannot be reliability roleplayed out.
Can you expound on this please?

If I send Ganks to location Z, I cannot also send Grunt Soldiers to location Z because those Grunt soldiers might have an "accident."

[member="Aster Rose Baelor"]

[member="Gorba the Hutt"]

Aster Rose Baelor said:
Gorba the Hutt said:
Can you expound on this please?

If I send Ganks to location Z, I cannot also send Grunt Soldiers to location Z because those Grunt soldiers might have an "accident."

The issue at hand here is that a weakness has multiple purposes, but for the purpose of balancing out a unit in a 'PVP' setting (fighting against other writers one way or another) we need things that can be reliably exploited by your opposition, to counter the strengths you can use against them.

Whilst the current weakness you have is good for PVE, writing a story, it is not enough because your opponent has no reliable way of using that weakness to their advantage.

You will need to add a second weakness that can be used directly against them. You can restore availability, deployment to the original limits you had in place though.

[member="Gorba the Hutt"], [member="Carach"]

Every time I see BK on these subs, I think Burger King.

Pretty standard hitmen with cybernetics, which I adore. They were toned down quite reasonably as well, which I adore even more.

Great work! Approved! Pending final approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom