Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Balance Comes From Many Places

Aurum
Outskirts of Azar

Kinta was shaking her head at me once again. She didn't want to be here, yet she was because she was tasked with watching over me. Orders from my father. I hated it too, but I did have one thing in mind. Turning in my seat over to the Zabrak, I pointed to my head.

"You can sit this one out. Stay back while I do what I came here to do."
"You will notify me if anything happens."
"Yes mother."
"Call me that again an-"
"Smash your face into the dirt with your boots. I got it."

Standing up, I reached over to my jacket that was hanging up, and threw it around my shoulders. Letting my arm's slink into the sleeves. The dark brown leather was worn from years of use. It had once belonged to my uncle Morna. A man who tried to do what was best for his family. I knew that he died for his family too. Nick, my father, even stated that he later had been thrust into hell, and had their souls combined.

I was confused about that part all the time, but I never questioned it. Instead, I moved on from my life. I wanted to be more like my uncle. Not my father. My father was a Sorcerer. A Sith. My uncle? Yes he was dark, but he did it for a reason other than power. He wanted to protect those he cared for. My father? Never.

I slammed my fist into the wall as I walked past the opening to the ramp. Waiting for it to open, I walked out even though it wasn't touching the ground yet. Looking around, I brought out my datapad. I knew the city that seemed to have some semblance of life was north of me. So, I headed in that direction.

It took a bit to get here, but I could see that various structures were being worked on. What got me to notice this though, was that the workers started to stare at me. They all wore robes, or work wear. I, skinny jeans, a belt for my pants, combat boots, leather gauntlets, and a jacket with various piercings and tattoos looked very much out of place.

Eventually I stopped. Not sure what to do, I decided I might as well try it. Cus I followed a rumor here. One that there may be force sensitive group living on this lone planet way out here away from all of this war I was dealing with. Maybe, just maybe I could find something here.

"I seek the men and women of the force here. Do they reside here?"

[member="Asha Hex"]

Azar City
Aurum

It was all finally coming together.

Though all around her the clamor of construction rang, sparks flying, the clanging of metal, boisterous voices of the men and women hard at work, all that young Asha could focus on was the progress. Some of the buildings had several stories worth of scaffolding and structure, some had been completed entirely and just needed cosmetic work.

They had all prioritized together. The spaceport had been the first thing, without a proper way into and out of the City nothing else would have gone quite so smoothly. It wasn't as if there was a tonne of flat space around, between the jungles which flanked the City and the ruinous state of its buildings and streets getting spaceships filled with supplies in would have been virtually impossible.

Next had come a medical center; while the tents had proven useful, and in truth were still in use by some, they were far from sterile. Luckily in the past few months the standard of health for those who had remained behind after the bombardment had risen drastically. Still... Everywhere needed a medical facility, especially with construction happening.

She could see fields from her vantage point, just on the outskirts of the City, which had surprisingly sprung up rather quickly. While rations were being brought in constantly, a little fresh food never hurt anybody. It gave the citizens something to do, too, something to think about.

Her mind was about to wander to the other buildings, the residential district which was almost complete, and the Palace of the High Queen, when a voice cut through the air and her thoughts. Turning on her heel, she noticed him immediately, the stranger who had asked the question. Not to her directly, though she did not know who it had been spoken to, the streets were so busy.

Still, it was a question she could answer. Wiping her hands on her trousers, after all they were a little dirty from all the dust and grime around the place, she approached him with a smile, and held out one hand toward him. Her emerald eyes glimmered ever so slightly in curiosity. It was rare that people came looking for them, typically it was the other way around.

"Hello there, friend," she began, shaking his hand should he permit it or dropping it back to her side should he not, "What business do you have with the Je'daii?"

She presumed that was who he was here for, unless it was the Queen. Then again, the Queen was not here as a Force User, was she? She had no Order, no she had come with the same purpose as the Je'daii Order, to render aid and get this world back to health.

[member="Ignis Imura"]

As soon as I spoke out, it seemed that one woman walked right up to me. Calling me a friend, and even stating the group name. Or what I could assume was the group name. Je'daii? Wait, did I just find a lost sect of the Jedi? or was this something else? I had no clue what to say, nor how to respond right at that second. looking down at my hands, I then decided what I wanted to say. Even though various onlookers were still interested in what was going on.

"I uh... Ignis. I didn't think I would actually find a force group out here."

I took a second to look around. Noticing that what these people were doing, was building over older infrastructure, or even tearing it down so that it can be rebuilt stronger. It then hit me, if these people were only building now, then they only recently got here. But that made no sense. This rumor had shifted around for a bit from what I knew? Was it actually a place, or was it a new rumor? Or did these people just get here and I was being tricked? I had so many questions and nothing to answer for.

Taking a breath, I drew deeply from the air and held it in a moment, then released it slowly. I probably seemed like some weird person right now, but it was the only thing that seemed to help.

"I... I carry my sins with me. I wish to repent from them, and learn to become better than the transgressions of my father. Can you help me?"

I tried to speak without sounding broken and basically begging this woman to take me in like a lost puppy and feed me. Shaking my head, I changed my words.

"I don't have true control over myself. I fear I may become like my father before me. I wish to not become so. I followed anything that could possibly give me a lead to someone other than the Sith or Dark Siders. So are you....."

I bowed my head. Looking down at my hands and almost had my chin digging into my chest. I felt like I was at some confessional or at an AA meeting. I was giving away so much to someone I knew nothing about other than her connection to these Je'daii. I felt conflicted. The Sith have been my home. The place where I was born into because of my father. Yet, despite my legacy to them, I wanted to be different from them. I wanted to be better. I was throwing all of this out. I was scared.

"Are the Je'daii, people who could help me? I will do anything.... anything to prevent what I fear I could become."

[member="Asha Hex"]

Ignis.

What an intriguing name, though she knew there was likely more exotic ones out there it certainly wasn't something she had ever heard before. She offered him a gentle smile, as he began to speak with a waning confidence; he had doubted their existence? Then he must have been here, following a rumour. How much he knew, then, she couldn't be sure, in fact the more he spoke the more certain she became that he had absolutely no idea what they stood for, their ideals, their purpose.

Very interesting.

You work in mysterious ways, old friend, she mused, of the ever-present metaphysical entity which lingered throughout the Galaxy, binding and guiding all. You bring me a test? I have faced all you send my way head on, I shall do so once again.

A Darksider, no more than that a self-proclaimed Sith, had been brought to their doorstep. She knew that there were many in the Galaxy who would lynch him, drive him out for simply being what he was, without any attempt at dialog or opening a path of repentance. Such was foolish, there were so many forced into such positions, raised in them, killing one person did not make a difference... But helping them? Educating them, and allowing them to grow?

"As luck would have it, you came to the right place, my friend; my name is Asha, I am a Journeyer of the Je'daii Order, and it would be my honor to assist you, provided it is truly what you want." He had bowed his head throughout his speech, and now she tentatively reached out to tip up his chin, with a reassuring nod of her head. "You have taken the first step this day, but it will not be easy, fighting the chains that have been placed around you, chains the Order you serve make false promises to break."

She took a very slight step back from him, releasing his chin, and turned her body somewhat to the right, to gesture around.

"You are in the presence of those who value Balance and Moderation above all else; we will not erase who you were, we will not force you down one path or another, we will simply help you to become a better version of yourself, the version you wish to see... Not that which your forefathers expect."

With a gesture of her hand, she bade him to follow, slowly setting off down the street and hoping that he was close at hand.

"But for now, let us shelve such thoughts. I expect you might be hungry, tired even, let us reconvene at a more suitable location. Come, you need not worry or feel ashamed around us, my friend, we do not judge in the way that many others would."

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member='Jericho']

I was surprised with the woman. Answering me with a voice that was entire sweet, but also not... condescending as I expected. She even reached over and tilted my head up. She looked younger than I was. How was she so much more mature? I wanted to know what made her act so reverent towards me. To be honest, it felt nice not having to watch my back. Just knowing that there was a place out here made me feel better. Not even being part of it yet. Breathing in as she continued to speak to me, the young woman. Even mentioning how they could aid me in my transformation into what I wanted to become.

I believe her.

Moderation and balance. That was the name of the game for these people. Told so by Asha. Then showing me the direction in which to walk, I followed after her, and came to walk beside her so that I could continue to ask questions. Even if she was wanting to not dwell on the more darker parts at the moment. Likely to cross the subject in due time. Which was fine with me.

"Not tired, and I am no-"

My stomach was going to make me a liar. I wanted to say I wasn't hungry. I hated eating in front of others. I was exposed. Yet, here my stomach was. Growling rather loudly against my will.

"Something small will be fine. Thank you for your hospitality."

Following the young woman as we went, I could still feel eyes on me, but they slowly faded away. Now that I look back on what I did, calling out like that made me look stupid. Would someone else even try to do that? Not sure, and I didn't dwell on it because what happened, happened. All I could do now was move on from it, and attempt to not sound washed up, begging, or stupid.

"You said you were a journeyer? Is that a special title, or just one of your ranks? Since you are here, I would like to know more about this Je'daii Order."

Honestly, the name sounded familiar. Almost like they were trying to spin a twist on the Jedi namesake. Or was it the other way around? I am not sure. However, one thing is very clear, This woman' her force signature, she had wisdom beyond her years, but the feeling was smooth and flowing. There was a twinge of each side, but it was... equalized. Not one above the other. Compared to mine, she seemed like an angel. I had mixed emotions about that. Seemingly older, I felt like I should know better and would be in a better position than her. I felt envy for being at such a state, but also happy that someone else able to even find this state of happiness.

I didn't know what to do. Shaking my head, I returned back to the present time. Wondering what made this girl different, and where the rest of the people here, also in control of their emotions and spiritual states? I guess I would just have to find out.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jericho"],

Valgærd

The young togruta had all but lost herself in the city. She wandered through the streets, her large blue eyes scrutinising everyone who passed her in the street.

It was a force of habit, the way she eyed every person she was close to, studying their gait, their clothing, their grooming, even how they looked at where they were going. Of course, she no longer needed to actually put these observations to use, but she found a mote of comfort in keeping her skills honed. Even though the young woman was hopelessly lost, she moved through the streets with an easy confidence, her plain brown tunic swishing about her as she walked.

There, up ahead.

Sahna quickened her pace as she caught sight of a familiar figure. It had been some time since she had ever allowed herself to have what she considered a friend, but she had met Asha once before, and taken a liking to the girl. Now, in the belly of this unfamiliar place, she was eager to have company again.

As she approached her, she noticed another figure. A young man a little older than Asha. It wasn't his tattoos or piercings that gave the togruta pause, but that feeling in her gut. Jyn had told her what this was... it was the force, and there was something... dark about him.

Had she not trusted the girl, Sahna might have simply slipped away, disappearing again into the streets. But as it happened she was curious, about her own feelings, about this young man, about all of it. She sidled up to Asha, making sure to keep the girl between herself and this... dark person.

"Asha," She greeted, standing beside her, "it's good to see you again."

She flicked her large blue eyes up to the young man, it would be rude not to greet him as well... She was not just some little urchin anymore, she couldn't get away with that.

"Uh... greetings." She murmured to him, trailing off as an awkward silence seemed to befall her.

He caught himself before the lie could leave his lips, though no doubt he wouldn't have if not for the betrayal of his stomach. Hunger was one of those things that was difficult to conceal, it showed within your eyes, within your actions, and oftentimes it could be heard, such had been the case now.

"You may rest all the same, at a table at the very least," she informed him, fatigue came in many forms, after all, and no doubt as the realization struck him properly, as he began to let his guard down, exhaustion would soon follow. She had seen it before, when someone had put their guard up for so long, tried to paint a picture of themselves that was insincere, when all of that was able to come crashing down it was cathartic.

No, finding some place more comfortable would definitely be useful.

"There will be no thanks necessary, my friend, I am but a spectre walking beside you on your path, the work you do, the improvements made, are all on you. Hospitality simply comes hand in hand with my presence." It always had done, since she was a child, whenever her Papa had guests - rare though it was - she had tended to them without hesitation. Typically there was tea involved...

Their path was winding them toward the residential district, what was currently there at least, and the tents which had been set up outside for the citizens and the Je'daii to utilize as they wished. Asha's was as humble as the rest, but there would be enough space inside to sit, talk, and rest.

"Journeyer is one of our ranks; New members, what others might refer to as Initiates, are known as Je'daii Padawans. They learn from as many sources as they can within the Order, until such a time as they are deemed ready to begin their Journey. The second stage is where I currently am at, Je'daii Journeyer, we travel, we learn, we experience, and go through the Great Journey, a set of trials which take us out into the Galaxy at large. I suppose that would be the typical Apprentice rank, although there isn't always a Master involved. Once the Great Journey is complete, we progress to the position of Je'daii Ranger. They take themselves into the Galaxy to assist, and of course to continue learning. Most are advised against having a student, but some still choose to take one on. That is our Knight rank, I suppose. And finally there is Je'daii Master, who are the ones who typically remain within the Enclaves, teaching Padawans and Journeyers and imparting their experience on others."

There were the Temple Masters, too, who sat at the Council, but that wasn't a rank so to speak.

"Apologies, that was probably more than you wished to know in truth," she said, with an apologetic smile, before noticing the presence of another approaching them. The young Togruta Jyn had discovered... That she walked up to Asha and stood by her side made the Lorrdian's heart swell, it was nice to know that she was trusted.

"Hello there, Sahna Te, I trust that the day is treating you well?"

She could see her tent now, and as they approached it she reached out a hand to pull at the entrance. Likely not what he had been expecting, but it was comfortable inside and kept cool by some sort of ventilation system.

[member="Sahna Te"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member='Jericho']

I listened intently to Asha. She was clearly wise in the ways of this order. That was good. It meant that while here, if I had any questions, she would likely be the person to go to. She continued and explained their ranking system. A good idea, and the way it was formed made a lot of sense. Jedi Padawan was someone who stayed and trained and worked to become better. To understand who they were. That was very likely the rank I would be at if I joined these guys. The others would have to come later.

Asha spoke about that being too much information. I shook my head. About to open my mouth and tell her that it wasn't that much of a problem. I loved knowledge and being able to learn more. However, a togruta walked over and spoke up. Welcoming both of us, but she was a little skittish around me. Understandable. Nodding my head to her, I let it be. I was here to learn more about the Je'daii. Ashe had proven to be knowledgeable, while this other girl did not. Though, she was nervous of me.

Following Ashe into her tent, she opened it for us to enter. I ducked my head a little and walked into the humble tent. Inside it looked like anything else that someone would have. Looking around as I walked forward, I stopped about the center and turned back to face the two as they followed inside.

"I do not mind the knowledge that you have provided. I am eager to learn."

Standing there, I didn't really know where to sit or stand or if I was in the way. I mean, there were chairs and what not, but I would rather not sit in someone's spot or move something that isn't supposed to be moved. Asha had been showing me a lot of respect and reverence. So I would return the same.

"Where would it be best for me to be?"

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Sahna Te"], [member="Jericho"]

Valgærd

Sahna was still getting used to the fact that anyone her knew her name.

"Thank you Asha" She replied softly, lifting a hand to nervously stroke one of her montrals, "it's been... a good day."

She followed the two into Asha's tent, her gaze fixed on Ignis. Her mind was wrapped in thought, trying to marry the feeling in her gut with this reverence this... kindness. Growing aware that she was staring, the young woman forcibly shook her head and turned her gaze away, shoving the mystery to the back of her mind for another day.

Asha's tent was magnificent.

A whole tent, so much space complete with furniture, what a luxury! As her blue eyes travelled around the dwelling, taking it all in, she realised with something of a melancholy smile that it was almost the same size as one of the hideouts she used to share with 12 other children. Ignis had crossed to the centre of the room, but hadn't taken a seat, instead asking where Asha would like him. Sahna Te waited quietly in the doorway until he was seated before taking a few shuffling steps forward. Her orange skin and blue montrals made her stand out physically, but her awkward, uncertain movements certainly didn't help.

Rather than politely asking where she ought to sit, like Ignis had, she merely found a spot on the floor and lowered herself to the ground, sitting cross-legged facing the other two.

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Asha Hex"]

One foot ahead of the next, the land below his feet would crumble only to manifest back to form, from merely his concentration. No matter what he was doing, there some way or form that he could be training, improving himself. That was his way. As he continued up the slopes of the mountain. The earth around him became warmer, in a more figurative sense, the mountainside reminded him of his old home back at the planet of Lorrd as little memories have served him.

But there was less snow here. Less of the cold. None the less. Whatever cold there was his long robe and fur cape kept it out. His mask always on his face, despite all his scars on his person being removed from the skilled hands Suravi. As he moved step by step towards the city; he could already feel the presence of his young daughter, an ability he learned in his time to tune in force signatures that he was familiar with. Being in balanced with the force now opened his eyes to all life within it and with that new abilities for him to learn and fine tune.

With the small walk out complete the warrior was back on the main road back into the city. Joined by a few merchants who gave him the odd stare. Though there were many species in this universe, even then Jericho was considered a giant. Standing at 7'2 and bound by muscle. A terrifying figure wrapped in rugged jedi gear and armor topped off with wolf fur as he entered the city gates and down the streets.The crowd as he expected. Stared as he walked on by. The three sabers strapped to his side and bladed shield to his back, littered with recent blaster bolt shots caught a few glances as well.

It was a feeling that he knew all too well. It was the sheep staring at the wolf among them. Too afraid to move. To afraid to act of place. If he looked at one of them. Eyes were averted. These people stunk of fear. But it wasn't just fear of him. It seemed this whole climate of power struggles had people skittish. Like animals before a thunderstorm. Or some other form of natural disaster. It was understandable, at the state of the galaxy with all the constant wars between so many factions of Jedi and Sith; it was right for all to fear what may come.

The looks and feelings all changed at they realized who he was after acts of kindness roused. As part of his training he used the force to catch falling equipment, he changed jagged areas smooth and easy to maneuver, he connected parts to form buildings. He did all these things whilst in continuing his path to his daughter, merely waving to those who gave him thanks.

Many feared who he was, many respected what he did, few knew him for what he was, even less knew how he did things like his daughter. His little Asha. He walked to her signature to see her home, a tent, far unlike the city what was being still fully built. If the man smiled, he would, daughter like father indeed. They were so similar to the extent that he could even see it. As the beast of a man neared, he noticed the other two with her. A young over brooding looking male and an overly peppy young female youth; Well not so much, in contrast of the two Hexs, everyone showed an "overabundance" of emotion. Looks like he just made it for tea, though he wanted to see her for other reasons such as the process of the city and how was the council was doing but this will do, he after all; loved her tea.

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Asha Hex"] [member="Sahna Te"]

Eager to learn.

Those three words which graced her ears were like a blessing to hear, so many people rushed through life, believed they had all the knowledge that they would ever need... Perhaps it was because he was seeking something different, a new insight, or maybe he was just genuinely inquisitive, but that one statement had brought down Asha's guard a little around the newcomer, and she smiled at him approvingly.

When they entered into the tent she made note of the fact that the young Togruta settled upon the ground, before turning back to Ignis. "You may sit wherever you like, my friend, you are my guest after all."

Stepping toward one side of the tent, which had a pot of water slow-boiling for this very purpose, she knelt down and began to add various pouches of aromatic leaves into a teapot, and soon after covered that with the steaming, boiling hot water. That only made the divine scents intensify.

She looked back to him, realizing that he was hesitant about finding a seat, and gestured to the armchair which lay to one side. It was a sturdy piece of furniture, truth be told it was the only thing in the tent that did not look collapsible.

It was then that she sensed his approach, and her heart lifted without warning. Her Father was here... on Aurum. She had not seen him since their talks in the Silent Temple, and that had been some time ago now. Though she wasn't like most children, she would not rush to greet him, bombard him with questions and adoration, no. She waited patiently for him to join them, and when she picked up a set of teacups she ensured there counted four, not three.

These teacups were placed on the ground between the trio, and slowly but surely each were filled with the steeped tea. No sugar was added, no milk, just pure tea that was rich in colour. With both hands she lifted one, and offered it first to Ignis, after all he was the guest here. "A show of good faith, once you drink none here shall do you harm unless you do so first."

Once it had been taken from her grasp, she turned to little Sahna and offered her one with both hands too. She did not pick up her own yet, nor did she touch the fourth cup. She knew better, this was a tradition she had built, after all, after all those years entertaining her Father's guests. And every morning of breakfast she had insisted upon them taking together.

No, she waited patiently for him to step into the tent.

"Please, drink," she informed the two of them, with a gentle smile. No sense in letting it get cold.

Surprisingly the tea would taste a little bit differently to each who drank it, despite it coming from the same pot. It would spread warmth through them, induce a sense of contentment... The Force was at work here, but it was not at all malevolent... Simply pure.

[member='Jericho'] [member='Sahna Te'] [member="Ignis Imura"]

With the other two following in, my lack of sitting prompted Ashe to tell me to act like this was home. I could sit wherever I wanted. Yes, that was great and all, but with what seemed to be the growing presence of someone much more... powerful for the lack of a better word. I could feel their strength. Not because they were just strong, but the presence was in complete control, and was gaining more control over their form. I felt almost jealous of this. I was unable to contain my anger some times. I had let my emotions take control when I could not use them to my advantage. It ruined me. I wanted to fix that, and knowing that this man could, made me have just a little bit of faith that they could do what they said they could with me. Nodding, I went ahead and took a seat. Just in one of the chairs that were open.

It was when presented before me, was a tea of some kind. I could smell the aroma. Pleasing and calming. It was nice. I just wanted to sit here and drown myself in this... essence. It felt good to be calm. I had been so tense, I only now noticed that my shoulders were straining as though I were holding the weight of worlds upon them. To have that feeling lifted felt like a revelation, and liberating. Holding the cup in which it was poured from, the heat felt good. Yes, I am a fire shaper, and thus was always warm, but this was a different kind. It reminded me of cold days on Kro Var where my mother would make tea or hot bowl of food. It reminded me of home. A time where my father, mother, my sister, and I would eat together and do something together.

Now that I look back, I could always see my father in a pained look. Almost as though it pained him to do this. Or was it that he was so worried about us like he said in his letter? I couldn't tell. Looking down at it, I was taken out of my trance when Ashe told me to drink up. Nodding my head to her, I slowly tilted the cup to my lips. Feeling the radiating heat upon my upper lip, and the convection of said heat to my bottom lip. I slowly took a sip to make sure it wouldn't burn my tongue or throat. However, I found that it was the perfect warmth.

I sipped on it for a moment, looking almost gingerly up to Ashe for approval, Once more being told to drink, I did so. Taking a much larger sip and then gulping down to clean the cup out. I tasted every drop of it. Feeling serene, and content. Looking up to her, I went to answer a question that was not even asked.

"I don't want to harm anyone. I want... control. Control over myself."

As I finished, the man I had felt earlier was opening the tent. I could feel the raw power and potential of him. It was daunting, but everything else about him showed a grace that was subtle. One that would not easily be picked out if I had not felt the similarities in Ashe. Either they were on the same frequency of peace, or they were related some how. I just knew it. Setting my cup down, I stood up and faced the man. He was my better in every way.

I had to show respect for a man that was clearly deserving of it, even if he humbled up and said it was not required. I bowed my head as he entered. Holding the bowed head for a second, and raising it to look at his covered, and massive stature and frame. A man this large was clearly apt for battle, and even more so with the presence he had. It reminded me much of my father, however different. My father used pain and emotions to rule his power. He used anything as a source of power. This man seemed in complete control of his emotions. Still using them, but in a much, much more subtle way.

"It seems there are more Je'daii than I had anticipated."

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jericho"], [member="Sahna Te"],

Valgærd

Sahna Te sat quietly, holding the warm cup of tea close to her face.

Jyn had given her tea like this the day she'd found her. Never before had she had something so pleasant. Every time she'd tasted it since then, she'd gone back to that moment on the Je'daii's ship, that feeling of being finally safe, finally able to stop running.

The young togruta flinched as she and the others were joined by a man stepping into the tent. His face was hidden beneath a mask, and his form by a long robe. He was tall, foreboding, and unfamiliar. All of Sahna's instincts told her to keep her eyes on the man and silently slip out of the tent.

Well... not all of them.

That guiding compass, the sensation in her gut that she now knew to be the force... It was not churning in her core as it had with in the past. Even if it did, as it had somewhat with Ignis, the young man with her had shown that even the force could be wrong about people.

So instead she merely sat quietly, sipping on her tea. The young woman had little to say, anyway. She had approached Asha because the girl was a familiar thing in this still mostly unfamiliar place, and her company was all Sahna wanted. Perhaps listening to the others would help her learn more about this place and the Je'daii about which she knew so little.

[member="Ignis Imura"], [member="Asha Hex"], [member="Jericho"]

Asha remained relatively silent as she waited for her Father to enter the tent.

When she noticed that Ignis had finished his drink so quickly, she offered out the tea pot to present him with more of the same, should he wish it. Listening intently as he spoke, noticing the way that both of her guests were wary around her Father, she might have laughed only she didn't. Perception made up most of the Galaxy, and she wasn't about to make him look a fool in front of these individuals.

So rather than rise up to embrace him, as much as she wanted to given the time since they'd last seen one another, she instead took the teapot over the fourth cup and poured a healthy amount inside. It was still piping hot, steaming, and once Jericho was actually inside the tent she offered it up with both hands and bowed her head.

"It is good to see you well, Sir," she said, with utmost respect, the others fading to the background for the time being. Theirs wasn't a typical father-daughter relationship, affection wasn't something often shown and never in the company of others. But it worked for them all the same.

Then she turned her head toward Ignis, and gave a gentle smile, not touching her own tea until Jericho had taken at least one sip.

"Control is something which can most definitely be worked upon. You are in the right place for it, my friend. Today you took the first step toward a more moderate and balanced lifestyle... You will face temptations along the way, they'll seek to drive you from this path you're choosing to take. It is your duty, to yourself - not to me, not to the Order I serve, but to yourself - to avoid those temptations."

Her gaze then shifted to young Sahna, who Jyn had brought into their fold. She was equally as new to all of this, yet she had no bad habits to break where the Force was concerned, a tabula rasa. It was always a nice thing to see.

"How are you liking it here on Aurum, Miss Te? And how is your tea?"

[member="Sahna Te"] [member="Ignis Imura"] [member='Jericho']

Speaking to the man, I did make note that there was some connection between the two. Ashe, and this newcomer. I know not his name, but it was clear he held a higher place within the Je'daii Order. I gave a moment to turn to Ashe as she presented the man with his own cup of tea. She didn't seem to be drinking it until everyone else had some. Holding my own cup in my hand, I was quite oblivious to her attempting to fill it again. Once I did realize it, I held the cup out. It was quite delicious. I had a half chuckle just before she spoke to me again.

Her voice brought words of encouragement towards the idea of learning control by joining ranks with the Je'daii. She didn't seem to push this though. Stating that it was my job, and my job alone to stay on this path of balance. Looking down to the tea in my hands. I slowly placed the tea on the table. My thoughts raced before me in an instant. It was my job to keep myself in balance. It was my quest to bring my family into a better light. Not one of darkness, but one of balance. One where everyone was accepted into it. Breathing in, I released a weight that had been heavily held upon my back. Her words were right. If I should fall, then it was my fault, and only mine. Thus, I had to do everything I could to prevent that.

"Thank you Asha."

My thoughts continued to race though. I was here to gain control over my imbalance, my lack of control either through my own, or my parents negligence. I needed to prove to these people that I was worth the trouble of being taught to, or even given resources. For that, I needed to work the hardest I could. I needed to act better, I needed to do so much. So much that I felt like my head would hurt. I let the memories and thoughts slide away so I could focus on the moment, Returning my attention to Asha.

"How about you drink some Asha. I mean, you made the tea not just for us I assume. Unless you were planning on having so many people over."

I smiled cheerfully at her. She was wise, she was considerate of others. But I had the faint hint now that I was paying more attention than my worries, that she had quite a bit placed on her shoulders. She seemed to look up towards the new man, but also had some other connection. As with so much knowledge of the Je'daii Order, and being able to definitely say yes or no on the questions that I have given her. Slowly I could see her bloom. Someone who seemed to be supportive of all she can. No matter what she has to go through.

I could see this with her interactions with just the togruta girl, and the Master. She sought approval from the man, but was more than willing to also help me, and Sahna. I kept my smile on my face. Seeing so much out of Asha. I knew she would be someone I could trust, but not the person I would push heavily on. In fact, knowing this, all I wanted to do was help her in return.

"Is there some place that we could stay? My friend and I would rather sleep in a soft bed than what is provided on the ship."

A little chuckle to myself as we did have a few problems with sleeping arrangements. Either way, I wanted to know some information since we would be staying for a bit. Not sure when I would have to leave back to the Sith Empire as their inquisitor force sect was keen on keeping tabs on people who were favorable, and not so favorable within the Empire. I needed to keep them off of my tail. How would I explain them to this now, or later. Probably later since right now we seemed to be in good spirits.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Sahna Te"], [member="Jericho"],

"My senses....sight, aura sensing, touch, even smell."

Everything was heightened. Everything had a general theme but at the same time everything was unique.

A Kro Varan. Torgrutan. Lorrdian. All humanoids, similar builds, yet so very different. Despite what he has seen and been through, it was like he was a child in a new world.

Before greeting Asha, he took time to analyze his surroundings; his lorrdian eyes saw everything, even more now with his genetic changes. Colors were brighter, the smallest of movements can be seen, every little detail on one's clothes to the light or dark in ones eyes. The colors of her home, matched her heart thought warm and welcoming they were but they were neutral. No object was overwhelming nor distracting perfect for meditation and for guests to focus on one another. The same could not be said about the other two, they reeked of their past and personality, they revealed more than they cared to wish to him before the young man could move to greet him or the younger one seem a gesture his eyes locked on both of them.

The young girl telling by he size, the warrior could tell she even though she was sitting could not be any taller than Asha, from he figure if she was as tall as Asha, the thin girl would have died of starvation a long time ago. She was fragile and tiny, telling from her reaction of him, she was the type to hide at the sight of something menacing. He knew the the little one was here for the company of his daugther, there was no question of that. Whether she realized it or not, her eyes and body language told her story to him. He knew the gist, as a man of war he saw many of the same thought all were unique and dealt with differently. He kept his attention on her short, her body language also told him, she didn't wish to be notice by being such as he for a prolonged amount of time. So he did the respectful thing in this situation, turned his attention.

The young man was much more distinct than the other guest. A lip piercing on the left side, a nose piercing on his right nostril, and an ear piercing on his left ear. equipped with his finger a ring and a necklace adorned around his neck. A leather jacket, it was worn down meaning it was used a lot thought he mostly covered by said jacket and shirt tattoos remained revealed; a sense of pride to pain he could endure or open about his looks. Being where he was, he stuck out like a sore thumb especially in the company that he was with had Jericho not made an appearance, the young man would have seemed to be a lengthy giant. His face and his eyes were as distinct as his clothing choice, there was a familiarity.

In his age and time immersed with the force and his time being blind he could see as the miraluka as well a feel different force signatures. Asha, calm, gray-ish white; her aura balance. The young girl, frail, faint blue; her aura unsure of itself. The young man, wild, red and black; dark yet not evil tainted with sorcery. As the young man bowed his head to him, he could feel the heat emerge from though faint, Jericho already knew. Kro Varan, force aura tainted with sorcery, appearance. An Imura. As time progressed and they became more comfortable and spoke, even his manners and movements were similar. Telling but the youthful looks of this young man he could not be a brother of Morna or Nickolas, maybe a son? But of which? There was only so much he could tell through sight alone. If he were anything like Nickolas this whole situation would not come to be. Jericho knew both to an extent and enough.

In return to the bow of the younger man, Jericho bowed his. He has never thought of himself above another, he wasn't going to start today.

"I don't want to harm anyone. I want... control. Control over myself."

The Force was truly a powerful thing. As fate would have it an Imura has come to seek aid of a Hex.

He moved and removed wolf robed and guided it gently to a hanging rack same with his jedi robe. His armor removed on its own as if it had a mind of its own revealing that his armor and layers of robes did nothing to change how massive of a man he really was. The armor formed to the corner in shape of a box. Under still was still a layer of clothing, as all Lorrdians always kept themselves layered. Finally the warrior took off his mask, only for his hood to raise over his eyes; still, that would surprise most, a youthful lower face looking not much older than Asha herself. Thanks the to perfectionist that was Suravi, he was no longer scarred and his healing factor was amped to the point where he no longer could obtained scars to his dissatisfaction. Scars to him told stories and were beautiful in their own right, though she did save his life, he had no room to complain.

He turned and faced his daughter and bowed as she bowed to him handing over a cup of her tea. He took the glass the from her, he took a good long sip, despite the heat, he easily finished the cup and let out a soft but long sigh to show her that he loved her tea even if she knew already. "Same to you, Asha. Things are going well here in my absence." His voice boomed in comparison to the soft and gentle sigh. As the other two have yet to speak to him, he would remain silent for the moment and listen as well until spoken to it would be rude for him to interrupt Asha's session.

[member="Ignis Imura"] [member="Asha Hex"] [member="Sahna Te"]

Valgærd

Sahna blinked as Asha addressed her, tearing her gaze away from the man that had joined them. He'd had so many layers to remove, layers she'd eyed somewhat enviously, if the Togruta was honest with herself. Ship cargo holds could be cold, freezing even. She bit her lip, considering what she might have done to have robes and cloaks such as those. Sahna glanced to Asha, then to her cup. She'd been pacing herself, or at least she had believed she was, but the cup was already nearly empty.

"The tea is lovely as usual, Asha, thank you." She managed a smile, "as is Aurum. It's... a hopeful place."

She fell silent again, turning her gaze back to the tea cup. She felt... something... coming from Ignis as he spoke, and turned to look at him. It was difficult to pinpoint at first, but it was familiar... perhaps that was why she noticed it. Inadequacy. The desire to earn what Aurum offered, what Asha and Jyn offered. As much as Jyn had told her otherwise, Sahna was still intimately familiar with such a desire. She attempted to catch Ignis's eye, and offer him a tiny smile of understanding.

She turned her gaze curiously to the man that had joined them, peeking out over the top of her now empty tea cup. He had been studying her. She had felt his eyes on her petite form, which felt even smaller and scrawnier than usual.

Perhaps it was the tea, or possibly it was Asha's presence, but Sahna realised with something of a start, that she wasn't in fear of the two strangers with whom she was currently sharing tea. She was alert, of course. She wouldn't have survived as long as she had if she hadn't been constantly scanning her surroundings. But the fear she had felt most of her life had slowly been ebbing while she'd been on Aurum... and now she felt... hardly any at all.

When she turned her attention back to the man that had entered the tent, she even realised she had smiled at the realisation. Jyn had been right, she had a real chance for a future here. Clearly the man and Asha had a history, perhaps he was something of a mentor or a parent-figure. She wanted to meet him, to introduce herself and tell him how wonderful his student Asha was... but that could all wait until the two had caught up.

Still smiling, she glanced back to her teacup.

[member="Jericho"] | [member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Asha Hex"]

It was all coming together nicely.

She could see the newcomer had begun to ease up, despite the fact that he was in a place he did not yet understand. The mere fact that he had taken this first step of his own volition spoke volumes, but there was much more to go... Years of hard work ahead of him, if this was truly what he sought after.

The young Togruta seemed satisfied with her tea, happy to sit and observe. Asha was not one to push people into conversations, so she decided to give the girl a little room to breathe, and offered her a smile to her words. "You should head into the Jungle, Jyn has a Sanctuary out there... Some of the animals could use a calming influence such as yourself, little Miss,"

Of course, the thing which stole away her attention, before she could respond to their new guest, was her Father. The cup was lifted from her grasp and only once he had taken a sip did Asha finally bring her own to her lips. She drank heartily, and by the time the cup was set back down it was empty. It seemed as though she did not even feel the burn, though in truth this was something she had adjusted to long ago.

"We grow in strength and wisdom with each passing day, Pa-..." she froze for a moment, before swallowing and resuming, "Sir," they had company, traditions or no that meant he was to be shown proper respect, "The Academy is nearing completion, I shall have a room made up for you there." She knew as well as he did that he was more likely to simply reside upon his ship, the ship he had raised her on, but the opportunity to have a fresh bed would be one which remained on the table regardless.

Then she looked to Ignis, and inclined her head toward him. "But of course, if you can put up with a few days of tent-living" she gestured around the tent they were in, and truth be told it looked particularly cozy even if it was sparsely decorated, indicating what that entailed, "Then when the Academy is finished, you and your friend shall also have rooms. Or a room... Whichever you would prefer."

Asha wasn't about to judge.

[member="Sahna Te"] [member='Jericho'] [member='Ignis Imura']

Asha and the man were very closely related in some shape or form. Keeping it to myself for the moment, I did notice that Sahna was shying away from everyone. Not sure why, but she was the timid type. She had her reasons for her actions I am sure. Asha was very formal it seemed. Taking it easy and keeping a hold of the formalities. While she seemed to pause at the end of her sentence when the warrior spoke to her, was she about to reveal his name, or a title? I sipped upon the tea once more and placed it down. I had enough for now. I wouldn't want to spoil the meal that I am sure Kinta was making back at the ship. She never trusted anyone else, and enjoyed cooking as it was a very simple pastime that she could do. Bowing my head to the young woman as she mentioned rooms, or room, I chuckled.

"There is no need to take up multiple rooms when they could otherwise house someone else who is willing to be here. One room will suit my caretaker and I."

I was not sure about her voice though. Was she judging of Kinta and myself, or was she just correcting herself and was trying her hardest to not sound almost jealous? I could not tell, and I didn't mind. Kinta was not that kind of person to me. She was adopted into the family as basically a sister of mine. It would not feel right to even begin thinking like that about her.

Pushing the thought away, I did notice the warrior as he removed his clothing. Armor underneath wasn't heavy for him, but enough should he need some. Modest compared to some of the other armors that the Sith had. His face though. Deceiving almost. He acted, and felt much older than he looked. Was it the case of just a young man who was taught to be a gentleman at an earlier age, or someone who had changed bodies? I dare not ask at this moment. Deja vu hit me like a train. Something was familiar about this man. I couldn't place it even if I tried.

"Sorry for the late introduction sir. Ignis Imura. I am not familiar with this area. Is there anything I should know about? I wish to not step on anyone's toes, nor be a burden upon you two or the Order."

Speaking to both the warrior first to provide a name to my face. While he may or may not remember it, it was one thing that I was willing to hand out. These people have been kind to me so far, and have shown me a welcoming that I was not given when I first joined the Empire. In fact, I got into a fight on my first day. Here, it was entirely different. Secondly I spoke to both of them. They were both knowledgeable, but the mere sentence of the man's absence gave clues that he was likely higher rank wise than Asha. Or they were on the same level. The question was to learn more about the area so I wouldn't wander off and accidentally screw something up or go somewhere that was restricted.

[member="Asha Hex"], [member="Sahna Te"], [member="Jericho"],

Valgærd

Sir.

The word from both Asha and the young man to the older one struck Sahna as she sat, quietly watching. She had heard little polite conversation, and etiquette was still something she was not terribly used to. But it was... nice, to be among people who appeared to value it. She found herself beginning to smile again from beneath her teacup.

She glanced over to Asha, calming influence such as her? Sahna felt herself still to be incredibly fearful, fluttering like a leaf in a gale at the slightest tremor. But the sanctuary... that sounded like just the kind of place she would love to go and see. She turned her smile to the girl, nodding,

"Thanks, Asha." She replied quietly, "I'll have to go and find it next time I have a little free time to myself."

As Ignis introduced himself to the man that had joined them, Sahna cringed, dropping her gaze to her empty cup. She had yet to introduce herself to him, and instead had just continued speaking to her friend. A tiny sigh of frustration passed through her lips. It was... difficult... being around people again. Her brow furrowed and she turned her large blue eyes to the man, keeping her gaze low in submission,

"I... I'm Sahna Te... sir." She mewed softly, sounding very much like the child she felt like.

[member="Ignis Imura"] | [member="Asha Hex"] | [member="Jericho"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom