Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTN Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
According to this thread, it appears the Horde is merging or has merged (I've been out of the loop), making the matter of Ashelotte's promotion vote you lovely people's responsibility. Don't worry, I didn't have my hopes up anyways. Thanks regardless in any event.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
It's a continuation of something I was told the Horde cannot do due to a lack of Masters to vote. I'm not making requests. I'm stating that as a member of the CIS, it now falls to the CIS to carry out such - not that we could independently anyways, as I was told there wouldn't be enough Masters to actually vote. :(

[member="Enigma"] can vouch, and Ayra can second that.

My suggestion... is to be active in the CIS first, since there was a lack of Masters at The Horde. This way these Masters can see for themselves :) I am not doubting you... only I have noticed over the years, once someone is mastered, their activity tanks. It is not so much about having the title here, as it is showing you deserve it and that you'll work for it- not just want it to have it. A lot of your older 'Masters' took years to get the title. We like the story that builds up to it :)

Either way, good luck, [member="Ashe the Reaper"]!

[member="Salem Norongachi"] will be back on Sunday and I'm sure he will touch upon the matter if you want to go through the faction for it :)

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Years, months. Doesn't matter to me so long as people are having fun.

Sides, in only a couple months I've done more stories then some of the year masters. Helps that this is really my only character, but still. RP is what counts, not years

[member="Daichi"], I was not saying that years matter. I only stated that the older RPers usually took that long and had to wait that long. I am not saying that is the case here. A little activity within the faction of CIS is really not too brash to ask for before promoting someone that came from another faction we just merged with. At least, in my opinion it isn't. Which is all that was; my opinion. I am not staff, I am only a Master among the CIS to which this thread is addressing. :)

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Aye, I agree with the activity in the faction. No faction should just make a new member a master, regardless of what ever RP they had prior.

Just sayin that the year thing shouldn't matter, nor should it entitle others to feel superior.

EmKay

>implying the number of years makes anyone feel superiour.

I've been writing for years as well, but never got anywhere in my characters until recently. I'm told my writing is good, but I constantly find flaws that need to be corrected. I feel a sense of seniority over people who've just started, but usually take that as an opportunity to teach the willing.

At any rate, I notice you too are a master, @Daichi. Why so defencive about years under the belt? :p

Again, you are taking what I mentioned out of context. I said nothing about anyone feeling superior. The mention of older Masters was for the sole purpose of expectations; something is not simply handed, but earned through the development of story. That is why we are here after all, to create stories with characters we create. There was nothing in there stating those Masters are better or feel that they are better, [member="Daichi"] :)

Now, let us get back on track.

There are other Masters on CIS who can give their opinions.

[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]
I just feel that its wrong to mention it. Feels like gloating to me, regardless on how long it took to rank up or what have you. That, and I've noticed several masters who do use the year thing to be superior then other writers. Might as well make a new rank if all master rank people aren't equal.

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

read above. Not talking about you personally, but they are out there.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
I was in the CIS long before the Horde, but I digress. My activity is going to get no better than it ever was before, that's for certain, especially with Isley out of the picture and my new (IRL) business going on. The site is just going to pass me by on the lefthand side otherwise. :(

I never get considered, slower activity than most notwithstanding, because most people think I'm a faction hopper. In reality, I either didn't choose to or didn't want to leave them. I didn't leave the Atrisians, I was kicked for refusing to edit a post to it's leaders' demands. I didn't leave the Fringe. I was for calling someone I already had trouble with for laughing at me, an a-hole. I left the Horde at one point because Dredge was insisting we retaliate on the Moross Crusade for more OOC reasons, but then I went right back when it needed people to run it. I never actually left the Mandalorians to date. Ashe isn't all over by choice.

(Truth be told, I'm just tired of seeing characters both newer and less posted than Ashe do a few training threads, get Master, and suddenly have a whole palette of expert skills - it drives me crazy.)

Daichi said:
Sides, in only a couple months I've done more stories then some of the year masters. Helps that this is really my only character, but still. RP is what counts, not years
e7caea89d0af59f31e0912b173a0b076735c71cb82f1c0e58aefdab667ef998c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom