Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attempt at something unorthodox and perhaps Sith-ly at the same time?

Hello there, fellow RPers! From when I first started to RP here, I always wanted a Sith character. Now I have the time, the will and most importantly - the quality to write something genuine, multi-layered and on par with many truly remarkable Sith characters we have here. :)

So, this is my toon - http://starwarsrp.net/topic/70298-lamia-genarik/

Basically, she is a caged musician with a pretty over-the-top power, quite unfitting for a noob character. However! She does not want to use it, on anyone, EVER! How kharked up that is for a Sith, nay?
So, instead of a warmongering lunatic who can't wait to electricute someone via the Force, we have a young lady who runs away from those who mean her harm, purely because she could kill them by a simple, albeit prolongued touch. A few bulletpoints to depict how this could make for interesting RP for fellow Sith in the future;

• Above all, Lamia feels guilt for accidentally murdering her baby brother. The images of his lifeless, grey skinned body still account for most of her nightmares. Thus, Lamia expends great amount of energy while trying to save others from herself. This becomes increasingly difficult as she grows up, as people tend to be drawn towards her. She has no idea what triggers any of this.
  • Essentially, Lamia is the Rapunzel of Star Wars universe. Instead of providing help for their daughter, her parents locked her up, afraid she would ruin the family name and ultimately, their business. Additionally, they have no idea what is wrong with her, with her stepmother thinking Lamia is under some sort of dark spell. Hence, her parent's main motivation for her incarceration is fear.
  • Somewhere down the road, if and when Lamia ends up in the experienced hand of the Sith, she will find out that Force drain process may be reversible. In this regard, Lamia is intended to become a dark Force healer.
Here are some interesting angles for people interested in participating in her story arc;
  • The main obstacle to becoming a Sith is Lamia's inherently good nature. Despite everything she has been through, Genarik remains much more sad than angry. She would have to be convinced her gift is not a curse, but can be used against those who betrayed her when she needed them the most. However, this will prove extremely hard, so Lamia may end up as a sort of "tool" for an experienced Sith, where he/she forces her into submission to do his bidding.
  • Second obstacle is clearly Lamia's family, who have a firm grip of her destiny now. To fully set Lamia free, one or both parents need to be killed.
  • Even if she becomes fully trained, Lamia will NEVER be able to control her gift fully. This implies a life long agony of being alone, without a consort and feared by most, although she is not vile and destructive in nature.
  • Also, I don't see her as a lightsaber wielding type. She is tiny, after all.
Ultimately, I see Lamia as a tragic character, where I intend to explore the depths of interpersonal bonds without the possibility of human contact. Since humanoids are generally tactile beings, it will be very interesting to see how her story unfolds, since she is the SW equivalent of a "leper", albeit not a horrid looking one.

What am I looking for? Some dedicated Sith who wish an intricate roleplay beyond the usual smash, smash, invade, invade, half of the galaxy is mine scenario. :)

Darth Timoris

To err is human, to forgive divine. And I'm no god
[member="Lamia Genarik"]

Of course not every Sith happens to go to the recruiting station and simply sign-up. Not every DS character is automatically labelled. Both of Melori's current Acolytes are Dark Jedi as opposed to Sith for example.

There are a few excellent Sith Factions you could join and play out what promises to be an excellent story. If you want to run into a Sith that's not a member of a Major Faction to help develop your story, Melori (Timoris) is available :)

Just let me know...

tumblr_mjxkhmWf9a1qd49gbo1_500.gif

Zoltan Rarsk

Tactical Espionage Operations
[member="Lamia Genarik"]

Would be at all interested in being manipulated by a master spy as being used as a human deterrent against his enemies, and most likely tricked and deceived?

If so, then I'm the perfect canidate! Besides what I mentioned above, I'm open to any ideas or suggestions, as long as they don't involve me dying!

p​lease don't kill me

That is a really interesting character arc, and I like the complexity inherent in the growth. Very well done!

Interesting thing is that her arc is sort of a darker mirror of Tiland's, with him being much oriented towards light side healing. It'll be cool to see how things develop!

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
How about something unorthodox-ly Sith? :D

Saera's more of a "peace through strength" kind of Sith, who believes that "real power comes not from hate but from truth," and that the Dark Side is a powerful force for securing strength and quelling opposition but need not be used for wanton and needless destruction; basically a living embodiment of what they were going for with the Mirrorverse empire. After all, why crush those who are weaker than you when you can strengthen and lead them?

Edit: Oh, One Sith? Eww, ditch those fools! :p

Puppet Kyrios

P
Alatar Istari said:
[member="Daren Nightingale"] Daren! Get in 'ere!
[member="Lamia Genarik"]

Hello fellow musician! If you ever want a sing off or someone to try and get to go to the Dark Side call (PM) me!

Særa Ayña Savan said:
Edit: Oh, One Sith? Eww, ditch those fools! :p
Unforunately, the development of my character really depends on having a lot, of very evil people around her.
Like I said, she would never intentionally kill someone, other Sith have to make her do it. Force her to do it, or manipulate her into doing it.
She does not have an evil bone in her body, despite everything that happened to her.

I'd say there are two ways how a Sith could handle this
  • Either make her hate her parents for locking her up which ignites her rage and anger(unlikely, she is Arkanian, who are scant on emotion to begin with)
  • Or beat her to submission(very much like her father) and make her do things out of obedience and fear(likely, since Lamia is physically weak and can be killed by a single blow by most Sith)
What I especially like about this character is the following - her intention is not to kill, she knows it's not morally correct, but somehow she will end up killing people(before she learns how to heal them too). She is not responsible for death(due to her "condition") yet she is responsible for not standing up to those who make her kill someone. On the other hand, she would probably be killed instantly if she opposed. So, kind of Catch 22 situation here. And really tragic. Tragic-ception, as a matter of fact.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
Ah, not my ball of wax then. Saera wouldn't make her kill against her will or commit any such savagery, she'd just convince her to do it on her own volition with compelling philosophical encouragement. If you just want her to be a sock puppet, yeah, the One Sith is probably perfect! :3

Særa Ayña Savan said:
If you just want her to be a sock puppet, yeah, the One Sith is probably perfect! :3
She really has no other choice. I am not even too sure she is an indivudal to begin with.
Essentially, humanoids are a very tactile species. I want to explore what happens when this is removed from the equation. ;)

[member="Lamia Genarik"]

I’m very tempted to have Bix join minimally for the interaction. Though her past and present is so convoluted, she would most likely would not be the best choice for the story arc you wish. I could already invasion seeing Bix rip Lamia’s father apart in some mad rage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom