Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AT-LAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
mecha_by_mozy_ryzel.jpg

Image Credit: http://mozy-ryzel.de...mecha-132813672
Intent: to provide the One Sith with a light combat walker to support infantry during terrestrial operations, as well as for police functions in areas not normally accessible to other ground vehicles.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Rothana Heavy Engineering
Model: AT-LAW (All-Terrain Light Armored Walker)
Affiliation: One Sith
Modularity: Limited
Production: Mass-Production
Material: Durasteel
Description:
The Invasion of Coruscant, while a One Sith victory, highlighted some key flaws in the victors' combat doctrine, namely that the fighting on the ground was entirely dependent on the infantry, with little to no support from armored vehicles or even air support. It's a wonder how the Republic managed to lose to such an uncoordinated effort, but that's another story.
Either way, it became clear that armored vehicles would be necessary to support future terrestrial operations by the One Sith's military, but they also needed a vehicle that could carry out police duties on Coruscant as well, particularly in the lower levels of the planet-wide megalopolis. One of the vehicles proposed as part of the Emergency Combat Vehicle Program was the All-Terrain Light Armored Walker, an eight-meter-tall bipedal walker primarily designed to engage enemy infantry, but capable of defending itself adequately from other light combat vehicles. The first of the prototypes was constructed rather hastily and began testing three weeks after the fall of Coruscant; as it was based largely on proven technology, any bugs that were exposed during testing were minor and quickly corrected, and with that complete, a pre-production series of thirty walkers was ready for combat trials during the invasion of Carida, but this was not to be, as the invasion was called off before the ground forces had landed. However, the vehicle was deployed in the later stages of the defense of the Teta system with a surprising degree of success.
Nicknamed the "LAW" by the troops, in terms of combat capabilities, the AT-LAW is very spry by walker standards, and can even be made to jump over an obstacle when controlled by a skilled pilot, giving it an unprecedented level of mobility. Of course, this came at the cost of raw armor thickness, but nevertheless, most systems are protected enough against light anti-vehicle weaponry, and, failing that, it can always fall back on its armament. The armament in question, while primarily designed for use against infantry, can still be useful against lightly-armored vehicles, the primary weapons systems consisting of repeating blaster cannon under the 'chin' of the walker, and a coaxial flamethrower immediately adjacent to it on the same mounting. In addition to these, it has a pair of modular weapons mounts on either side of the power generation unit, which can mount a variety of weapons, but typically mount a pair of guided missile launchers with four missiles each for engaging enemy armored vehicles or fortified positions that the flamethrower would be insufficient for engaging successfully. Other configurations exist, but the ones with heavier armament tend to come at the expense of mobility.

Role: Multifunctional (depending on configuration). The most common variant is for supporting infantry assaults.
Height: 8.2 Meters (full standing height)
Length: 4 meters
Width: 4.3 meters
Weight: 10,400 kg
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimum Crew: 2
Propulsion: Fusion Drive - Bipedal Locomotion
Top Speed: 80 km/h (standard variant), capable of 100 km/h in short bursts (no more than a couple of minutes at a time), but extended periods at this speed will damage the engine
Armament:
Standard
  • One repeating blaster cannon
  • One flamethrower
  • Two guided missile launchers with two missiles each on modular weapon mounts
Reconnaissance/Command
  • One repeating blaster cannon -flamethrower, fuel tanks for flamethrower, and additional weapon mounts replaced with additional sensors and communications equipment. The sensors in question are similar to the standard package, but are far more precise and possess a longer detection range. The whole suite covers the majority of the radiological spectrum, in addition to sonic and seismic sensors (though these are most effective if the vehicle remains still).
Assault (possesses additional armor and armament, but suffers a severe cut in mobility)
  • Two heavy laser cannons on shoulder mounts (additional fire control equipment required for the heavier laser weaponry being mounted in the chin)
  • One guided missile launcher with four missiles mounted above the power generation unit
Police (removes most of the armor, and as such is the fastest variant)
  • Two Repeating Blaster Cannons on shoulder mounts
  • One Ion cannon in chin turret
  • Grenade launcher with non-lethal payload (six-round capacity)

Passenger Capacity: 1
Cargo Capacity: None
Misc. Equipment:
  • Com Link
  • Com Link Jammer
  • Standard Navigation System
  • Standard Sensor Suite

[member="Albrecht Tagge"]

Alrighty. I like it, it looks pretty neat but there are some things I'd like to see changed if you wouldn't mind please.

Change:
  • Manufacturer: It cannot be Krayt Industries without a development thread. How did this company go from building ships, to building ships and walkers? I need something justifying the case behind it.
  • Production: Reduce from Mass-Production. Krayt Industries as a Tier II company is not capable of producing these on a "Mass Production" level.
  • Role: Change this to Multipurpose or MultiFunctional
  • Remove Cargo Capacity: I don't think this needed, and could potentially add something similar without specific weight into the description.
  • Change Optimum Crew to Two.
  • Add Weight: I don't see the weight for the Walker listed anywhere. Please note this somewhere for me. Each variant will have a different weight, please note this as best as possible.
  • Top Speed: I assume this is ground speed correct? If so, that is a bit fast. Reduce it down by atleast 10 Kilometers per hour. That is roughly 52 miles per hour, it should also be noted that it takes a minute or two to get up to this speed. Also please note somewhere in the description the maneuverability and such.
  • Armament:
    Reduction to all variants that it's applicable. Two missile launchers with two guided missiles a piece.
  • Addition to Recon/Command: Sensor Module Pack, Explain a bit more about capabilities of sensor module.
  • Removal of Repeating Laser Cannon, Removal of Flamethrower on Assault Variant. Reduce Ammo Capacity from twelve to six.
  • Suggestion on Police Variant: Two repeating blaster cannons (Shoulder mounted). Ion cannon mounted beneath nose of Walker. Grenade Launcher carrying non-lethal ammunition (6 Round Maximum Capacity) mounted on the side.

[*]Remove Passenger.

Tag me please once these changes are done.

Also edit in the development thread and let me know when it's complete.

Please and thank you!

Darth Armyss

Aaralyn Rekali said:
Additionally, What is a fusion drive?

Can you please explain?

It's technically the same type of powerplant as used in the AT-AT. It's not unreasonable to think that a miniaturized version would've been developed over the course of eight centuries, don't you think?

Made some adjustments as recommended, and I'll get to work on a dev thread (all that remains is for [member="sabrina"] to answer my PM so that we can actually make one, since I didn't think we would need one until you pointed it out)

Before I call it a night, I approve of the changes and ask that perhaps you use something similar to the AT-ST in regards to a power-drive? Krayt Industries version is acceptable (One would believe that have some type of device pushing a starship.) I can agree to that. Make those changes and get that Dev thread going. When it's done, Tag me so I can read up and what not.

Oh and for reference it's a PowaTek Ah-50 Energy Cell...

Thanks!

Darth Armyss

Sorry for the double-post. Changing the manufacturer to Rothana Heavy Engineering, both to eliminate difficulties with development and to allow for mass production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom