Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astrid

A S T R I D

. . . ______________`` Statistics
profile_2_by_kionji-dam9glh.png

Name & Alias(es):
Astrid, 'Highlights'
Origin:
Onderon
Faction:
No Alignment Currently
Slicer, Engineer, Bounty Hunter, Delinquent, Pilot
Height & Weight:
6'0" (1.83m); 174lbs (78.92kg)
Hair Color:
Black, blue (dyed); long
Eye Color:
Grey
Skin Tone:
Caucasian
Species:
Human
Distinguishing Features:
Piercings; right ear [2], left ear [1], bottom lip [1, center],
scar [left eye brow, small], scar [right ribcage, large], tattoo [back]
Force Sensitivity:
Negative

. . . ______________`` Biography
profile_4_by_kionji-dam9gl1.png

Astrid is a child born out of wedlock between two rivaling lines of nobility. While neither line holds vast amounts of political power, both are of the higher class all the same. Her parents were wed in an attempt to mend the damage that their joining had done to the small fiction of civility that had, in recent years, managed to be ascertained. However, their official tie did little to repair the damage that had been done, it did succeed in putting a halt to the outright declaration of war upon one another. In the years that followed, Astrid's progenitor's families found some semblance of peace among themselves, all in part to the child that had been born.

It was her innocence and her love for her family, her simple childish delights and happy-go-lucky personality that won over the cold hearts of both sides of the coin. The few scant years of harmony were decimated, destroyed when Astrid's mother was found dead. The details of her mother's death were kept from her, locked away for fear of tainting her innocence. Her mother's brother took on the task of caretaker for her, accepted due to hard won persuasion that a member of both families should have a part in her education and upbringing. Whilst her father had little time to spare for his only child, busy with courts and political parties, Astrid's uncle tutored her. He taught her the skills necessary to fly a variety of ships, models old and new; she was instructed in how a Slicer does his or her job with the utmost perfection. Such skills were beneath nobility, however. Sworn to secrecy, Astrid vowed to never let her father know of the lessons she learned from her mother's brother, for it would mean an end to not only him, but herself. She was not to be some grease monkey, but instead a lady of the court. Proper, proud, and heir to her father's line.
profile_3_by_kionji-dam9gl9.png

Throughout her life, Astrid was torn between the two sides of her family. While she undeniably loved her father and his relatives, she felt vastly more compelled to find kinship within her mother's. They were kinder, softer, more comprehensible. Where her father's line viewed things from a political stance, her mother's viewed in that rang more honest with her. Their view on things was not akin to 'how can this benefit me', but rather 'how can this benefit us all'.

On Astrid's twenty-second name day, her uncle was murdered. Her father's lack of sympathy did not settle well with her and, partly invoked with in her by her uncle, she was certain her father had a hand in his death. Through the years, her uncle meticulously danced about the topic of the family feud. When she reached adulthood, she had confronted him about the truth of her mother's death, never satisfied with the lies she had been told. It had instilled within her heart a distrust for her father, a hatred that kindled.
profile_5_by_kionji-dam9rh2.png

There was, however, no way to confirm her uncle's suspicions that the murder of her mother had been instigated by her father, or in the least some member of his line. No matter, it remained the same. She'd begun to resent them, choosing to spend the majority of her time with her mother's kin. Suspicious that that was the very reason her uncle was killed lead her to steal one of her father's ships and flee from Onderon.

Free of family disputes and murder, Astrid took up the life of a hired hand, working odd jobs on random planets to help purchase fuel for her next emergency run. Her father's men were always on her tail, tracking her down no matter how carefully she attempted to hide her tracks. Eventually and after many hours of contemplation, she took up her first hunt and found it to be an exhilarating experience. From that moment forward, Astrid traveled the galaxy, using bounty rewards to keep herself five steps ahead of her remaining progenitor.

. . . ______________`` Progress Tracker

Bounties Collected:
NPC [23], PC [0]
Threads:
Tart-Cart Chronicles
Prologue -- Grudges [ http://starwarsrp.net/topic/97689-grudges ] Complete
Part I -- Blood Money [ http://starwarsrp.net/topic/98781-tart-cart-chronicles-part-i-blood-money ] In-Progress

Miscellaneous Threads
Bad Luck [ http://starwarsrp.net/topic/98975-bad-luck ] In-Progress

'She'd always preferred the braid that began atop her crown, the fashion in which her mother had always said suited her.'
"Get us into hyperspace as quick as you can, Highlights." -Corin Tal'verda

[member="James Justice"] --- Oh! Hahaha! To be fair, I've had a fair amount of work with coding before. I was just trying to use the wrong coding, codes that don't work here. But it's all good now. : )

[member="Astrid"]

oh sooooooooo nastay. That site was like that. It required coloring the text, board, all that--and the bio was 75% code. Sure, the site was cool and the graphics it brought up were pretty amazing but it was so challenging to work with.

[member="Astrid"], If you need help with coding, I can lend a hand. Considering I have been here for a while, and people say I have a nice bio set up. *not sure how much of it is true* I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in.

[member="James Justice"], Oh please. You could just ask someone to help man. You know better than that.

[member="Atheus"] --- Let me start off by saying, I like that you're using Bucky. Oh boy. Anyway, the problem I was having was photo alignment. I managed to figure it out though, obviously. I'm always down for new tips and tricks though, so if you've got'm, lay'm on me. I plan on adding quite a bit more to her file here. I just had to bail out for the night. Sleep is a necessity apparently, and I almost missed the memo. Again.

[member="Astrid"] [member="Atheus"]

Both of your bios are beautiful <3 I still can't figure out photo alignment for the life of me however.

I love your use of photoshop (I assume) and similar borders to get your pictures to look like they fit together with such great detail, Hue/Saturation is man's best friend. One pixel brush however is not :/.

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"] --- Photoshop is something I'm never without, man. I can't not have my profile images unified. Drives me crazy. Hue/Sat are definitely wonders. What's wrong with the pixel brush though?

[member="Astrid"], Go ahead and look at my character sheet if you want. See how I make it, and if you like the design. If you have any questions ask. As well, What I find is that I use pictures that are under 800-600 pixels. Anything larger and it takes up too much space and doesn't look good. However, you don't seem to have a problem with that at the moment.

Yes. I use bucky because it fits the character, and, I have always been a fan of the winter soldier, and loved with what they did to him in the MCU.

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"], I know you like mine. lol. Thank you anyways for the compliment. If you want photoshop stuff done, I can try my magic. *I did have photoshop until I got a new computer, and have to try and fight it to get it back.*

[member="James Justice"], I know the feeling man. Trust me I know. lol

[member="Atheus"] --- I took a look already. I like the template, quite a lot actually. Very clean, crisp. Some of the sections you've got are things I plan on doing once I get Astrid to take off and expand her horizons.

Yeah, Bucky does seem to fit the character. That's for certain. I must confess that I didn't really get too into his story until after the more recent movies started coming out.

[member="Astrid"], Most of what I have was done after I did a few threads. So expect a lot of that with characters. *not sure how much you have written in the past, but I can assume a few years or so* The images I like to use are tall and thin so I can get as much writing as I can into the post, without it taking up so much room, and make my words look squished. *I saw you did that with an image, but it fits well surprisingly.*

Bucky has always been a fav Anti-hero character of mine. In the EU of Marvel, He was just a friend of Cap's and was turned on him. In the MCU he was a Long time friend, and they were "brothers" in the best term possible. So seeing the reveal of who the Winter Soldier was, felt more heart wrenching to me than "Some guy you knew in the past."

I am just wondering which ending of Civil war will they go with Cap considering his actor only has a few more films, while Bucky here, has like 7 more contracts.

[member="Atheus"] --- I've actually been writing for over a decade. Going on two here soon. Granted, I take long breaks in between, though. Most of the images I have currently are just filler, for the moment. Once I get the time to flesh some more things out, it'll be better spaced and such.

Yeah, actor contracts are fickle things though. We'll see where it goes. We can only hope. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom