Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask the Writer

I didn't see this one, so figured it was worth starting. Just like ask the character, but OOC. Answer the question from the person above you. Question askers, it can be weird, funny or serious, but remember the PG-13 rating here, k? :p (edit: staff, I of course just found the original version of this thread today and it's only one page back. I missed it before ::facepalm:: if you want/need to merge these, feel free)

So, I'll start.

Do you live in a city, the suburbs, or the country?

I don't know if I have a *favorite*? But I always order the same thing at Panera this time of year:

Chicken frontega panini and the Summer Corn chowder. So close enough?

Do you have any pets?

Two. A furryball of hate in cat form and a salcata that will very likely appear in a kaiju movie at the rate it is intent on growing.

Least favourite character archetype?

I'm easily frustrated by characters that are abrasive without any good reason. I'm all for putting up walls, being untrusting, etc. But when your character is rude or pushy when you've developed them to be otherwise, I get a little confused. Why would I want to write with a bully who is a bully for the sake of being a bully?

If you could binge any TV show right now, what would it be? I'm binging House at the moment!

I am currently binge watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer because I was in high school when she was which *betrays* me I know. But if I had to pick something else right now? Hmmm. Agents of Shield! Yes, we'll do that next.

You sit down for lunch at a cafe. Any historical figure (already dead) sits down across from you for one hour to eat and chat. Who is it?

Oh my gosh, I love this question. Probably the history teacher in me.

I love George Washington. Probably cliche, but he is so fascinating. I want to ask him all sorts of questions. I also want to ask Ludwig II how he died.

If you could walk on a private jet and visit any place, right now, where would you go?

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
London and hit all the major tourist hot spots.
And [member="Shelbeth"] , you've just gained +2 Thane points.
And I'm going to take a wild guess and say that [member="Irajah Ven"] is 31-32 years old? It's okay to ask that, right? It's the weight guys aren't allowed to ask. ..right? I'm pretty sure.

If you could get into a time machine and go back to any day in history, would you go back to meet an influential historical figure, or go back to change something about your past?

[member="Thane"] close, close, 33.

And I'd do neither. I'd go back and just watch. I have no interest in changing things, but there are a couple events I'd like to go back and kind of.... get the record straight on.

If you won the lottery, what would be the *first* thing you purchased?

Rhurek Thane

Dr. Cantanker0us, M.D.
Well seeing as this is neither horseshoes, hand grenades, OR government work, close does not cut it! And that makes you older than me, old timer! (Though hardly by much. ..)

If I won the lottery, the first thing I'd buy is a real life working lightsaber...who wouldn't?

Of all your pet peeves, which one is the strangest?

I hate all noises people make while they eat. Chomping, lips smacking, that weird hum in the back of their throat. But I suppose that isn't all that strange.

Describe one dream that you remember!

I remember all of my dreams. It's more annoying that it sounds. Here's a sample:

I was some sort of minor nature deity. "Mother of the Overlooked" and it was kind of badass. I was the deity of moths, of flowering weeds, of solitary bees, of funny shaped rocks. Stuff like that. But I was sick and I knew it, and it being the modern age, I went to a hospital. Being a deity, they couldn't find anything wrong so just left me on a bed. And over the course of hours as I was dying, a bunch of the folks I know and love showed up. They all comforted me, but not in ways that would usually comfort. They told me they'd remember, and each of them took on different aspects.

One said they'd watch over my solitary bees. They took the furry moths that look like little mice. They offered to care for the moss at the edges of streams. Someone wanted the minor appearances of tiny creatures in fiction. And I didn't die (and yes, you can die in dreams, I assure you) until each of my domains was taken care of.

You know what, same question.

All of them. :3 I love weaknesses. Many, many, many weaknesses. Give me a partner who can stick to them. I love it.

But really, I like when characters experience some sort of self-doubt. Let them worry about their abilities, or their choices, or their future. It gives them depth, and a direction to take while writing.

What is your favorite strength to see in a character?

Not a clue to be honest. If you want to call sarcasm and defiance a strngth then definitely that. Always makes for humourous situations and memorable lines.

Whats tour zodiac?

I don't have a favorite era in art. My favorite era in literature is now (Modern Era, starting from the 1970's to now) in particular the way Sci-Fi writing has gone (though I do love myself a romp through Silver Age of Sci-Fi material). And no, I don't want to argue with someone about whether sci-fi writing belongs in the literature category :p Yes, it does. I don't have a favorite era in history, but the Kamakura period of Japan is fascinating, as is the period between WWII and the Vietnam war, in particular in how the Cold War developed (talk about this series of unfortunate examples of humans being humans and no one talking to each other, because re: humans).

What is your dream occupation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom