Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ashla's Mercy (Force imbued great-sword)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom%20Sword.png

Image Source: Dark Souls 2 - Moonlight Greatsword
Intent: A weapon for Gwrtheyrn
Development Thread:If necessary
Manufacturer: Silver Jedi
Model:NA
Affiliation:Silver Jedi
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Ciridium/Mephite Crystal.
Classification: Greatsword
Size: Two Handed
Length: 304.8cm
Weight: 80 kgs
Special Features: Ashla's Mercy is a light side aspected force blade and thus has all the properties that are inherent within such an object : Able to interact with lightsabers without breaking , Increased cutting power , and the ability to harm dark-side spirits.
Description:

Ashla's Mercy is a weapon unintended for human hands. Such a sword is simply too monolithic in both length and weight to be wielded by a member of the smaller species of the galaxy. The blade exists as somewhat of a curiosity, commissioned by the first and only Maelibus adherent of the Silver Jedi Order. Due to its owners techno-phobic views and distaste for the near weightless nature of lightsabers it is a weapon crafted in the old Jedi style from before energy based armaments became common.

Physically the blade is a truly massive great sword made in the style of those used by certain Maelibus clans on Iego. Its surface is covered in runes of an obscure nature and detailed decorative designs. The sword has a three foot handle with a blade length of seven feet and is foot thick at its widest point. Due to its extreme size fighting in confined spaces can be highly difficult in addition to the large amount of physical exertion expended during prolonged conflicts. Attempting to conceal such a weapon would be near impossible made even more difficult when active due to an aura of golden flame like energy that encompasses the swords blade (A cosmetic sign of the weapons light side alignment) .

However the sheer presence of such a terrible instrument of judgement is enough to drive fear into the hearts of darkside practitioners , spirits and spawn alike

Primary Source:NA

[member="Gwrtheyrn"]
If I take the weight of your character (1200 kg) and the weight of this sword (108 kg) I get what would be essentially a 10.8kg sword to a 120 kg human, meaning this is about 3 times the weight of what the sword should be to be proportionate to your body mass in order to wield it with maximum effectiveness. An average claymore, for example, is 3 kg or so, give or take a third of a kilo. For a creature that is proportionately about 10x the size of a slim human, the sword should also be in the same proportions for your character to be able to accurately use it. My suggestion would be to just half the weight of the sword, though you can alter it in any significant way so long as it would make sense in terms of a ratio of sword weight in your hands to your own body strength.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Took the weight down to 80kg - the idea behind the blades weight was more like one of the massive German Zweihanders used by Landsknecht Doppelsoldner or a Chinese Guan Dao rather than a Scottish Claymore.

I always expected that the many of the larger races in Starwars were more like the stronger great apes than humans (Gorillas, Orangutans and so on) making them a bit heftier than a giant man. Though that's pretty much up to staff discretion so I don't mind either way.

In any case my characters a poet so (quite probably to his detriment) he values the romantic and mythic qualities of an over heavy weapon and the image it portrays. Coming from a primitive warrior society posturing certainly plays a part in this decision as well, which as you say isn't necessarily practical.

Also realized that I didn't include a crystal which the force blade needs so I added it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom