Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Asherian Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
leina_s_shield_queen_s_blade_by_turi80-d6jda7b.jpg

Image Source: http://synlidwirh.de...Blade-395329511
Intent: To create a shield for the new sentinel's and One Sith
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Sasori Research
Model: Forearm shield
Affiliation: Order of the Silver Jedi
Modularity: No
Production: Semi Unique
Material:
  • Turadium
  • Phrik
  • Durasteel
  • Fiber Cord
  • Motorized Components
Armor:
  • Classification: Multipurpose Shield
  • Weight: 7kg
  • Quality: 6
Melee:
  • Classification: Discblade
  • Size: One-handed
  • Length: .7m
Ranged:
  • Classification: Projectile
  • Size: Wrist mounted
  • Length: .7m
  • Ammunition Type: Discblade
  • Ammunition Capacity: 1 shot
  • Effective Range: 10m
  • Rate of Fire: Single Action
Special Features:
  • Multi-Use
  • Motorized
  • Saber Resistant
  • Force Guided discblade
Description: Designed as a cross between a forearm shield and sith lavenrok, the Sentinel's shield is a motorized discblade able to be fired at targets. The blade having the ability to be attached to a fiber cord to retrieve the weapon, detached to allow one to throw it and control it with the force. The motor of the blade is part of the attachment for a forearm gauntlet and susceptible to electro magnetic pulses to disable its functioning spinner.

The blade is able to reach cutting speeds to saw through durasteel and duracrete while the turadium adding extra weight and then it is plated with phrik to add lightsaber protection on sections to provide defensive properties in more common to strike area's. The outside of the blade, the upper section of the shield and grooves to catch blades.

The rest is durasteel able to be sliced through at the vulnerable points. To use the blade the sith wanting must go through specialized training meant to teach them how to use the weapon in different situations and get used to the weight.

Strengths:
  • Multi use
  • Protected in small area's from saber attack

Weaknesses:
  • Susceptible to EMP
  • Specialized Training required (10 post training thread)

Primary Source: N/A

[member="Darth Praelior"]

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon
  • Pending initial review
Starwars Chaos
  • Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
  • Please list the strengths and weaknesses of this shield clearly.
  • If this is motorized, then the risk of EMP disabling that motor is high -- please note that as a weakness.
WITH DEV THREADS
  • Pending Initial review
SUGGESTIONS
  • Pending Inital review

[member="Darth Praelior"]

What sort of specialized training is required? Are you talking about like a ten post thread to get used to using it like the Razor or other tech?

The "protected in small areas from saber attack" Can you elaborate how this is a weakness? I think i'm a bit confused.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

The shield is mostly durasteel which while strong is common and can be cut easily with a lightsaber. It has small area's of the phrik in it at important parts to deflect lightsabers and preserve the shield.

For training I would equate it to Sarge's camo cloak except not only having one person who can teach it. I would say 20+ pages to learn how to use it. Or however many are for the whips of Ro that HK sells. Those require a training thread if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom