Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ascension: Civil Unrest Interest/OOC

Hey guys! :)

I don't usually do public threads but since I've got this cool planet lying around (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/19141-ascension/), I thought I'd use it. Who's up for some civil unrest and ultraviolence?

Basic plot: Alen Na'Varro returns to his home planet for the first time since the purge of his family line by their political opponents, and due to events that I won't go into here (confusing board transfer explanation), eight hundred years have passed. He arrives during a period of massive political and societal unrest. The Prolii, poorer citizens who make up most of Ascension's population, have taken to the streets in protest regarding the societal structure that has kept them down for four thousand years, demanding a more egalitarian society. Most Equit (i.e. noble) families, joining forces with the current Hegemon of Ascension, Valens II, are cracking down on these protests with brute force. There have been running battles between protestors and Equit retainers for weeks now. Ascension's economy has come to a grinding halt.

Alen arrives at the capital, Ascension City (because I'm original like that), as supplies arrive and hostilities resume. Alen is an Equit, but he is also sympathetic to those who attempt to change their fate, and an opportunist to boot. Combined with the fact that most of his family is deceased ... well, we'll see what he does. He won't be revealing himself to the general populace, but there is still mischief to be had.

What I'm looking for: People to join the thread! I already have a couple of interested parties. But yeah, whether you want to explore the anarchy of societal upheaval or just want to throw down with somebody else, body-slammin' PvP style, please join! Expect battles in the streets of the capital city, possibly spilling over to the surrounding tundra plains and/or ocean! Woo! Violence!

Housekeeping: If you're going to join, please familiarise yourself with the planet itself (link above, and there's not much reading :) ). Also, try to keep drama to a minimum. That means god-mode, NPC spamming, blurring IC and OOC lines to the point where it impedes the story, etc. If you, for example, decide to spawn a Star Destroyer in orbit if things aren't going your way, I will politely and gently ask you to leave the thread :). I'm interested in a fun thread, not a stupid thread. Be cool and go with the flow. We're following Wheaton's Law here, peeps.

Also, if there is any need for NPCing, I can handle that :)

Thread should be up within the hour, and if not, not long after that. I'll post the link here. Here's to a fun thread, guys :)

@[member="Count Aretine"] @[member="Popo"]

That'd be cool! Link is up in the second post, so feel free to jump in any time. I'll be posting every few days, so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom