Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As a writer?

So I kinda get the feeling sometimes that my writing doesn't really exceed past dark edgy stuff. I've tried other things, but to be fairly honest, the grim dark is where I feel most comfortable. The thought of writing an actual light-sided character has crossed my mind before, but never really processed into anything. Hell, I've started characters that were out of my comfort zone and actually enjoyed it quite a bit; however, I can never stick to them for very long. But that's probably just my ADD talking.

Anyway, Just let me know! Any and all criticism is accepted so long as it isn't blatant distaste.

[member="Abraxas"]

I am in the same boat. I have tried to writing Jedi/light sided characters many times. It always seems foreign to me and I can't seem to get into the characters.

I even tried going more neutral to see if I could find a middle ground and that was worse than trying to play a Light sider.

I say stick to what you enjoy. Nothing wrong with it. After all those pesky Jedi need somebody to rage against or they will get bored.

I completely agree. I have written a light sided character before, and it was a boring experience for me. I never found it to be interesting. Same goes for a neutral sided character; I find dark sided characters to be more fun.

[member="Abraxas"] So I guess asking you to join the Boy Scouts of Chaos is out of the question... alrighty then!

In all seriousness; write what you love. If you love the dark then continue having a blast! Many, many authors write only one specific type of genre and honestly in each book its typically the same type of characters. Why? Because it what they like to do. Am I saying never jump out of your comfort zone? Not at all. One day you might find a plot that tickles your fancy and you'll jump into the sacred abyss that is the light side! Until then... continue to kick arse and take names.

[member="Darth Eversor"]

Aye, I completely understand you. I like the dark internal conflict, the damaged psyche, the surrender to the baser instincts inherent in darksiders.

Note having said that, sure, Jedi and neutrals can face the same dilemmas, but they just aren't as fun, to me, to write.

Stepping out of your comfort zone is good sometimes. But sometimes it's better and easy to write what feels natural.

Keep up the hard work!!!

Im kind of in the same boat. I grew fond of Darlyn in the various one offs ive used him in across various sites, but hes just not as fun as ariealla for me. Granted, one of my intended uh, plot points, is something that sort of ties them, i cant have that happen until at least knight level.

Otherwise i dont think i can justify him learning how to deal with it. ^^" but still, not nearly as fun as a sith lord who eats people and struggles to maintain her sanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom