Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Artificial Intelligence, Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terran

It's never ogre
tumblr_mn2avdkXdH1ripbvlo2_400.jpg

Intent: A PC for me to roleplay with

2,300~ words

MANUFACTURER: Dark Jedi Master Peron & Friends
MODEL: Not Applicable
AFFILIATION: Chrome was created to be a companion for Dark Jedi Master, Peron
MODULARITY: The A.I. can be removed and transferred to another body, if need be, and the armor plating can be switched out for another set
PRODUCTION: Unique
MATERIAL: Dura-armor, Armorplast, droid parts, Dalorian alloy, Turadium plating, and a Hybrid plexisteel frame

CLASSIFICATION: Not Applicable; Multipurpose
WEIGHT: 95 kg
HEIGHT: 1.77 m
MOVEMENT: Jets, repulsorlift, and bipedal movement
ARNAMENTS:

1x Shatter beam
1x Wrist laser
1x Small gas projector

MISC. EQUIPMENT:
1x inbuilt jet
1x inbuilt repulsorlift

DESCRIPTION: Chrome is an A.I. designed to be a companion for Dark Jedi Master, Peron. His primary functions are combat-based as many of the ventures Peron took on were assassinations and killings. Specifically, Chrome was designed to combat the Sith, as his maker held the belief that they were all that was wrong with the world.

Chrome's body is made of Dura-armor and Armorplast, which gave it a light a lightness Dura-armor did not usually have. Peron knew the abilities of the Sith well, and the decision to adopt an inorganic companion was already proving to be wise. Many of a darksider's powers focused on manipulating the living. Still, Peron knew the abilities of the Sith well. The decision to create an inorganic companion was wise, as many of a darksider's powers focused on manipulating the living. Still, she knew the Sith were notorious for their constant use of Force grip, something which could hold the animate and inanimate alike. If caught, she knew Chrome would be crushed in a matter of minutes. But she also knew of people who escaped the grasp by flying out of its range of influence, so she installed a jet which used oxygen to propel itself off the ground, and a high-powered repulsorlift which used gravity wells to launch Chrome at massive distances. It required a great deal of energy to use, however, so it was usually reserved for emergencies. Additionally, the devices required the presence of oxygen and gravity respectively, making them ill-suited for certain environments. Depending on the atmosphere, the jet could fly up to 800 meters before running out of battery. Low-level atmospheres could typically only get him to a maximum of 100 meters, whether he ran out of battery or not. The jetpack could be used for 15 minutes continuously before running out of power. The repulsorlift, on the other hand, could shoot him up to around 1000 meters up or across a stretch of land, but could only be used once.

Chrome's entire design allowed for immense speed, agility, and flexibility. He could reach a maximum speed of 100 km/h when using his own two feet. However, maintaining this speed for long periods of time would cause Chrome to overheat, so it was usually used in short bursts. The body itself had unique Turadium plating. While Turadium was not usually used in the production of armor, Peron insisted on trying out unconventional items for their protective capabilities. She considered it plating, but in actuality it was more like a detachable layer. This allowed for it to be switched out for another set, should it not serve its purpose. The Turadium plating gave Chrome an unusual characteristic: it made him resistant to lightsabers. He could withstand multiple hits, but was obviously not indestructible. If he was dealt too many blows, the plating would break.

Naturally, droids, A.I.'s and other technological innovations are susceptible to Electromagnetic pulses, Ionic weapons, or other attacks that directly interfere with their wiring, and Chrome is no exception. The circuits in his body are weak to the pulses EMP give, although they aren't as susceptible as regular electronics due to the size of the wirings. A small EMP blast or ionic weapon won't affect Chrome much if it only manages to glance him, although a straight on hit will definitely mess up his programming. A blast from a fairly large EMP can be enough to put him down until he is repaired.

Chrome's programming helped him out in combat. He could take process information in quick speeds, and store them away. He could react uniquely to a situation based on his programming, as well as situations he has encountered in the past. In this respect, Chrome could develop behavior patterns and attitudes original to him, but not necessarily a personality as his capacity for feeling is so limited, that it rarely, if ever showed up. Chrome's ability to process information was incredibly fast, which made him able to think on his feet and quickly react. Strictly speaking, Chrome did not possess a morality, but was guided by a moral code within his programming. He had knowledge of the use of multiple weapons, lightsaber wielding, ship piloting, fighting, among other things. He could learn. He was programmed to be totally obedient to Peron, but could act independently if not given any direct commands, although his actions were usually in direct conjunction to his maker's will and rarely self-interested. He also had a small sense of curiosity that differed from his normal information-seeking programming as it was completely unrelated to any missions or tasks. Things rarely peeked his interest, but those that did brought out this curiosity in him.

Chrome had many weaknesses. he had certain weak spots on his body that were vulnerable to attacks. Such weak spots couldn't be covered as they were needed for Chrome's flexibility. The spots had little-to-no armor at all, and could easily be cut through. Additionally, many of Chrome's inbuilt functions required a power and fuel source, which meant he had to rest and recharge after he used them. Certain functions used up more energy than others and could only be used sparingly, as using them too often would shut him down. He could also be reprogrammed to follow another's orders, but this would require manually accessing his data frame.

PRIMARY SOURCE: Not Applicable

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Terran

It's never ogre
[member="Popo"]

I edited the grammar and wording a bit, if that's fine. No additions to his overall design were added :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Terran"]
No worries.

Alright, so, managed to read through it all and there's a few things that need looking at. A couple of small things, really.

First:

Terran said:
installed a jet which used oxygen to propel itself off the ground, and a high-powered repulsorlift which used gravity wells to launch Chrome at massive distances
You'll need to explain how high and how long the oxygen jets can move the droid/AI and I'll also need to know the same for the repulsorlift. I'll also need to know how much battery power/how often they can be used before needing to be recharged.

Second:

Terran said:
He could reach a maximum speed of 200 km/h when using his own two feet. However, maintaining this speed for long periods of time would cause Chrome to overheat, so it was usually used in short bursts.
That's a little fast. On a repulsorlift or jets or something, sure, but bipedal movement like that is a little much. I'll need you to drop the speed to a more manageable number. For reference, the fastest land animal in our world is the Cheetah, clocking in at around 96-120km/h

Moving on

Terran said:
it made him resistant to lightsabers. He could withstand multiple hits, but was obviously not indestructible. If he was dealt too many blows, the plating would break.
Less an issue, but keep in mind that some folks have lightsabers that have increased cutting abilities. They would require fewer strikes to damage the droid.

Terran said:
Chrome had many weaknesses. he had certain weak spots on his body that were vulnerable to attacks. Such weak spots couldn't be covered as they were needed for Chrome's flexibility. The spots had little-to-no armor at all, and could easily be cut through.
I'm assuming these are the joints and such? Could you clarify for me, please?

Once done, tag me and we'll move along :)

Terran

It's never ogre
[member="Popo"]

Popo said:
You'll need to explain how high and how long the oxygen jets can move the droid/AI and I'll also need to know the same for the repulsorlift. I'll also need to know how much battery power/how often they can be used before needing to be recharged.
Added this:

Terran said:
Depending on the atmosphere, the jet could fly up to 800 meters before running out of battery. Low-level atmospheres could typically only get him to a maximum of 100 meters, whether he ran out of battery or not. The jetpack could be used for 15 minutes continuously before running out of power. The repulsorlift, on the other hand, was noticeably faster and could shoot him up to around 1000 meters up or across a stretch of land, but could only be used for 45 seconds.

Popo said:
That's a little fast. On a repulsorlift or jets or something, sure, but bipedal movement like that is a little much. I'll need you to drop the speed to a more manageable number. For reference, the fastest land animal in our world is the Cheetah, clocking in at around 96-120km/h
Dropped it down to 100 km/h!

Popo said:
Less an issue, but keep in mind that some folks have lightsabers that have increased cutting abilities. They would require fewer strikes to damage the droid.
Noted! I was planning on roleplaying it that way :)

Popo said:
I'm assuming these are the joints and such? Could you clarify for me, please?
Yup. The joints, the areas behind the knees and elbows, etc. Any area that had to be soft and flexible for the droid to move around flexibly.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Terran"]

Terran said:
Yup. The joints, the areas behind the knees and elbows, etc. Any area that had to be soft and flexible for the droid to move around flexibly.
Alrighty, just include those weaknesses into the sub.

Also, mainly because I can't remember if it was addressed in the submission or not, but how does this droid fare against EMP/Ion weapons and the like?

Terran

It's never ogre
[member="Popo"]

I'm sorry, I had a schedule change and had to adjust for a few days :(

Terran said:
Naturally, droids, A.I.'s and other technological innovations are susceptible to Electromagnetic pulses, Ionic weapons, or other attacks that directly interfere with their wiring, and Chrome is no exception. The circuits in his body are weak to the pulses EMP give, although they aren't as susceptible as regular electronics due to the size of the wirings. A small EMP blast or ionic weapon won't affect Chrome much if it only manages to glance him, although a straight on hit will definitely mess up his programming. A blast from a fairly large EMP can be enough to put him down until he is repaired.

Added this :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Terran"]
Ouch. Yeah, I know that feeling.

Alright. Edits are made, things look balanced. Pending approval. Abuse and suffer the wrath of Popo on Chili Night.

[member="Tefka"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom