Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arriving on Tython (Republic)

Kiyron

K
Kiyron sat suddenly as the ship landed with a thump on the landing field. Klaxons blared softly, and the captain's voice echoed over the intercom.
"All passengers will depart through the cargo bay." Footsteps echoed towards him, and he stood, brushing himself off and hefting his small bag.
"Kiyron! Get your gear! We leave now, and the ship departs again for Coruscant at 1400," The medical team leader snapped, gesticulating wildly at a pair of droids who seemed about to topple over the medical supplies. "No, no! Those crates stay! The other two come with us!" She turned, and gave a slight shrug. "You're mainly on your own, here, kid. I'm as much as stranger as you are." Kiyron nodded warily, and blinked as sunlight streamed in the opened hatch.
He stepped out onto the bustling landing field, and stopped, in awe. Not only were there more starships and personnel moving about than he'd ever seen, but it was first step onto a new planet. He tested the ground. It definitely felt different. Springier, actually. More moisture in the ground? And the air... it was richer. More vibrant. He'd hear someone mention that it was strong in the Force. Maybe that was why? Someone shouted at him.
"Move it, kid! Make way for the tech crews!" Kiyron hurried to the side as a maintenance crew raced up and scrambled around the ship. Kiyron paused, nervous, and then approached the leader.
"I, ah, am looking for a place to volunteer."
"What for?"
"Recon or marksmanship?"
"Infantry, then. Not my problem, good riddance. Double time it to the building over there and ask for someone I hear they got some gulag-crazy plan going on in his head for idjits who do that sort of stuff." He turned towards Kiyron and gave a brief shake of his head. "Good luck, kid." He turned, cursing as someone dropped a part. "Pick that up! Get it fixed! Move it!" He turned back with a nod. "Get going, kid. You're in the way here."
Kiyron nodded, and started jogging through the field, ducking between different vessels and dodging busy crews until he reached the indicated building.
The hair on his neck stood, and he swallowed as the chill of the shade settled down on top of him. This was it. He stopped in as the doors slid open on their own. He stared at them curiously, but then hurried to the front desk to receptionist. He slung his bag over his shoulder, and coughed.
"What can I help you with?" The receptionist glanced up, disinterested.
"I want to volunteer in an infantry unit. I specialize in marksmanship and reconnaissance, and I was told-" The receptionist nodded.
"This is the main desk, we have an infantry volunteer looking for a place to plug in." He glanced back, "Recon and sniping, apparently. Any unit leaders looking for recruits please respond." He gestured to a desk. "Take a seat, kid." Kiyron nodded, slipping nimbly between the people in the reception area and sitting in a chair.

@[member="Kiyron"]

"This is Amadis. I'll be there in forty five minutes, out."

Tython
Outer Temple forests.
Republic Recruitment Center
Daybreak

Entering into the center, a new building, it smelt new. Tython hadn't long had its own company of commandos and was acting as the recruitment center for both Tython and Coruscant companies at the moment, till the unit was fully built to a battalion size, and found a place to call home. It was busy, lot of people hustling back and forth all with three times the workload getting things setup. That and it acted as a go between for all the units in the sector, ships were coming and going almost every five minutes.

Wearing Grey, black and white combat fatigues like everyone else, when he was in this place he was a solider nothing more or less, like everyone else. You didn't see a rank on him unless you looked hard enough to notice the small captain insignia on Kei's shoulder, meaning he led Tython company now, but it was intentionally difficult to see. He preferred being informal with the rookies, until he had them out in the training field, then all bets were off.

"Kei Amadis," he extended a firm handshake to @[member="Kiyron"], "What's your name?" He didn't call him kid like some of the others, he might be one to some of the vets, but he wouldn't be for long if he made it through training. The wildcards didn't take just anyone, only the best. Small for now but elite companies. "Where are you from?" The look in Kei's eyes said he'd seen some action, not a lot to season him, but the thin line of stubble, the serious expression, and the fact he'd checked all the exits instinctively coming in. It was the look you got when you'd been there, and you could tell when you saw it in someone else. He didn't see it in Kiyron yet, that look, and in some ways he was glad.

Kiyron

K
Kiyron waited as the receptionist listened to responses, and then nodded. He looked up at Kiyron. "Someone will be with you shortly. Take a seat." Kiyron nodded and took a seat in an uncomfortable chair along the wall, and leaned back, waiting quietly as minutes ticked by, getting close to an hour. He stood as @[member="Kei Amadis"] entered. He inclined his head slightly, a small, tight smile on his lean, almost wolfish face. He gripped his hand, and return the firm shake. "Kiyron. From Kelchase." Not that he expected anyone to know where that was. It never showed on any of the charts. You had to know how to get there before you could get there. Unfortunate, but not all that terrible. "I take it you came over since I came to volunteer?"

@[member="Kiyron"]​
Kei grinned broadly and nodded, "That's right. You were wanting infantry, recon, and marksmanship?" He nodded again, opening a door behind them and walking through, not waiting for @[member="Kiyron"] to follow he'd have to think on his feet and do it himself, that was crucial. When @[member="Kiyron"] did follow he'd find Kei walking over to a holomap on the wall in the next room, and turning it on. "Regular infantry, the alliance marines, and us, the best." There were displays on the screens ahead, showing the wildcards in the grey, white and black camo armor, the face paint a norm. Training in cities, and training in fields, sunset to sunrise.

"We are putting together a special forces task force." He indicated to a seat opposite a metal desk, which he actually sat on himself, stroking his stubble, "It doesn't matter if you qualify for it, you'll get in the infantry or the marines, even if you just survive the first couple of weeks training." There was a grin on his face, they didn't go easy on the newcomers here. "I won't lie we'll put you through the ringer, but make it three weeks into the training, and I'll send you to places you never even knew existed."

He remembered when he'd heard the speech and was first put in to train the newcomers, that'd been the hardest few weeks of his life, then again twice since

"What do you think? Think you have what it takes, to survive three weeks with me?" There was a good nature to Kei, even if he was rough around the edges, it was the balance of soldier and Jedi in him, and it made him who he was, a sense of duty and pride.

Whatever the eventual OOC decision on Jedi commanders, we'll carry on with this to the finish as its ongoing and we need a decent social thread Kei - Kiyron :)

Kiyron

K
Kiyron followed him in, studying the room as he entered, and took the seat offered, eyeing the images of the Wildcards in training. Their method for holding rifles was different than his, but just a little. Not much of an effect between the two, actually. He turned back to @[member="Kei Amadis"] and nodded.
"Aye. Those are the ones I'm good at." More than just good at. Pretty excellent, actually. Comes from getting most of your food from hunting. He sat while he talked on, listening carefully. MIlitary education was not taught on Kelchase. Not much was, actually. Just the basics and what was needed. He tilted his head, examining him. Seemed like a professional soldier. Even not, he still had the characteristics of those who could be trusted. That was a relief then. If he wasn't, there was a good chance Kiyron would have looked for a different unit. He considered the final question, turning it back and forth in his mind, analyzing it. Survive was likely hyperbole. It was unlikely a military would kill their finest recruits in training. He inclined his head.
"Ain't like it could be much worse than six months living off the land."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom