Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever notice

The ranges for blasters and such suck? I mean seriously, here is some comparisons (I used my IC weapons for poodoos and giggles with the exception of the X-45, because I couldn't find the data on the E-11s. One would figure they wouldn't be too dissimilar...)
All distances are in meters. As you can see, pistols are relatively the same, and the Sub guns/assault rifles are not too far off. The real laugher is with Sniper systems. Sadly there are many real world assault weapons with better ranges than the canon Sniper systems...

Weapon Optimum Range Maximum Effective Range

Blastech DL-44 50 75
HK Mk.23 .45 ACP 45.72 77.72

Blastech E-11 100 300
HK MP5SD3 9mm 60 183
HK XM-8 5.56mm ? 485

Sorosuub X-45 ? 500
Sako TRG-42 .338 Lapua ? 1500
Accuracy International
AS-50 .50 BMG ? 1800

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
Whoa now, shots fired!

@[member="Alexander Jackson"]
For weapons here on Chaos we deliberately abbreviate the ranges in the interest of fairness. In canon they have the range, but the movies do a poor job showing the accuracy of blasters.

And really, there's not a lot of reason to worry about the hardline numbers. Most of RP involves winging it for the plot anyway. I haven't seen many RPs were the maximum range of a 434 Deathhammer was vital to the plot.

Gae'celic Alor, Master Beskarsmith
True, as for RPs, it's the story...

As for the dc-15a range, where'd you find those stats? I looked long and hard... Plus that just seems damn excessive, as I recall the long range turbolasers used by Darth Caedus were around 40-50 km...

Yeah, generally for blasters your character will be in effective range when in roleplay.

For snipers, yall would already be using canon long range weaponry.

I always say this:
A player's shields will always be strong enough.
A player's starfighter will always be fast enough.
A player's agility will always be quick enough.

Unless the Writer doesn't want such a thing.

So, don't worry about the numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom