Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Anti Force Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: Topculture.com
Wooden_Trooper_Helmet.jpg

Intent: Personal armor for melkor and whoever he wants to give the second one to
Development Thread: If needed
Manufacturer: Melkor
Model: Anti force user armor
Affiliation: Melkor
Modularity: Paint thats it
Production: Unique
Material: Bio metric scanner Taozin Hide, Dura-steelmesh and Rancor Bone Plates
Classification: Anti Force User
Weight: 9kg
Quality: 5
Special Features:
Only able to be used by the first user.
Lightsabers Resistant,
Force Sense Immune,
Force Resistant
Description:
Melkor was asked by a bounty hunter working under his charge to aquire him some beskargam. Melkor decided to one up the bargain by making him some armor that would allow him to fight force users much easier. The Rancor bone was the last of the Rancor bone bought here from the the Arceneau Trading Company. The Toazin hide was procured here, in auction from the beast hunters guild.This suit has a built in biometric scanner that will inject a small bottle of poison into the neck of anyone who is not reconized (aka the first user is the only one)

The Toazin hide used to create this armor has special porperties that muddy the force around it. This allows the user to cloak himself from those using force sense , and to a certain extent those using other force abilities against him. Now while this is a wonderful special feature, it also makes it much harder to use the force while using the suit or even standing within two feet of it.Think of it like a radar jammer in the force, mucking up the signal in its radius.

The gelatinus qualities of the toazin hide mean that it must be reinforced. To that end I have reinforced it with a light durasteel mesh. This will support it as well as making the armor comfortable for the user. Overall the Toazin hide and the durasteel mesh provide only minimul protection, and defense is rather found in the rancor bone plates.

The Rancor bone used in this armor was bought from Arceneau trading company a while conducting a contract during the early days of Melkor's company. It is naturally restitant to lightsaber blade (read under variants). These qualities make it the perfect armor plating for going up against Force users.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Morgoth"]

With permission from the factory admin, I'll be handling this one.

The fundamental problem to what you're trying to do is that the presence of a taozin muddies the Force for everyone around. So, yes, this would provide limited resistance against Force powers and shield you from Force senses...but canonically, based on Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, the source that created the taozin, your own grasp on the Force would suffer, and your own Force senses wouldn't work. With a substantial development thread (25+ posts) assisted by a competent alchemist, either PC or NPC, you could make that effect less, but I don't think you could remove it entirely.

The other fundamental problem is that taozin hide is translucent and kinda jellylike. Not good material for armor. With the assistance of a competent alchemist in that dev thread, you could get that armor rating of 5, and limited lightsaber resistance. Otherwise you're looking at an armor rating of 2.

Without a development thread:

• Drop armor rating to 2
  • Remove lightsaber resistance
  • Write two sizable paragraphs on the negative effects of this armor -- impaired Force abilities and significantly impaired Force senses
  • Expand the rest of the description

With a development thread:

• Clarify lightsaber resistance to limited
  • Write two sizable paragraphs on the negative effects of this armor -- somewhat impaired Force abilities and impaired Force senses
  • Expand the rest of the description

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ok how about this I drop the production to unique for my nonforce using bounty hunter, and dont use it. Add in durasteel mesh to reinforce the toazin hide and expand as you said. Here is the thing though, the lightsaber resistance comes from rancor bone which is naturally lightsaber resistant. The hide is merly the cloth underneath.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Morgoth"]

Tell you what. Write all that out, at length, give me a ton of detail, and I'll look it over again.

Also, what's your source on rancor bones being lightsabre-resistant?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Morgoth"]

I can't approve the notion that ALL rancor bones are lightsabre-resistant, but considering the very serious weaknesses and limitations of this armor, I'm going to stamp it anyway. This right here-

Darth Morgoth said:
it also makes it much harder to use the force while using the suit or even standing within two feet of it
-earned you your stamp, in connection with the unimpressive armor rating. Gutsy move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom