Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Day, Another Planet

Nyx Saranei

I Am Bigger Than My Problems
Nyx had changed her appearance to resemble the Echani who lived on Eshan, where she now resided. The fairly young Shi'ido now had waist length white hair, silver eyes, and pale skin. Her life on Coruscant had been compromised after she had been paid to rat out a drug dealer. She had done the job as a favor to her own death stick salesman, and now she was being hunted. She managed to find a new dealer on Eshan, and lived in a small abandoned warehouse for now with a few other addicts. She hadn't managed to find a way into the information trading business here yet, but she was still looking. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

The sad part about the day was someone tipped off the government enforcers about the collection of druggies several days ago, the men moving in on the home now to arrest the deathstick users. Alexander meanwhile was a few blocks away eating something he had bought, his free hand in his pocket and his hood over his head. The only reason his collar not being over his mouth and nose being the food in his hand. He wasn't quite sure what it was called but it was a thing of frozen flavored water that tasted quite good.

Nyx Saranei

Nyx heard the door to the warehouse crash open and swore under her breath. She shifted into a small cat and raced out of the open door hoping that no one would notice her. When she got halfway down the alleyway she changed back into her usual black haired form with red eyes and continued running. She wasn't paying much attention and ended up running straight into a white haired Echani boy. "Sorry!" [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

One of the soldiers saw Nyx and followed silently, letting her think she lost him, knowing if he followed too vigoriously she would out run him. Meanwhile Alexander didn't even expect it when suddenly the thing he was eating hit him in the face and a black haired girl had run straight into him, his eyes blinking as he removed the crushed flavored ice's holder and dropped it before noticing a bunch of the actual thing had gotten on his face and in his hair, trapped between it and the hood. "Well.. Hello."

Nyx Saranei

"Hi, sorry! Can't talk right now! Gotta run!" she yelled as she shifted into a very convincing Echani woman and ran off again. A deathstick fell out of her pocket as she raced away. She didn't bother looking back to see if she was still being followed. She just kept on running. Years of living on the streets had put in great shape and she was very fast. The Shi'ido could easily outrun most people. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

"Hey wait..." He looked at the thing that fell out of her pocket and sighed, hearing a man come up behind him and looking at him. 'Oh, sir, did you see a girl run off in this direction, shes a known deathstick user that were were trying to round up. Alexander looked at him for a moment then at the deathstick before smiling and shaking his head before speaking. "No, but im pretty sure i saw her go off in that direction, she turned into a young man before running off." The soldier turned and ran as Alexander moved his foot and crushed the deathstick under his foot before going after Nyx. He may not be the fastest there was, but he was plenty fast to track where she went.

Nyx Saranei

Nyx noticed another abandoned building with a window knocked out of it and leapt inside. She checked to make sure no one was following her, and upon not seeing anyone, slid a large dresser in front of the window. She curled up in the furthest corner for the window and slid her belt off. She wrapped it tightly around her upper arm and squeezed her hand into a fist a few times as she used the other to search her pockets. She found another deathstick and bit the cap off the needle. By the time anyone would reach the building, the empty stick would be rolling across the floor. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Alexander moved towards the door of the building, about two minutes behind her and pushed it open to find himself looking at her with her belt around her arm a deathstick on the floor. He sighed and cleared his throat loud enough for her to hear before speaking. "Miss, i hate to tell you but those are going to kill you if you use them." He crossed his arms as he had spoken, looking directly at her. He wasn't sure if she was dangerous, but to be sure he had a hand on a hidden hold out blaster and moved towards her and not letting her have a choice as he took off the belt and looked at her face. "Why are you doing this?"

Nyx Saranei

"Why do you care? Why does it matter to you what I do with my life? Who are you anyway?" The questions were stuttered and sounded almost like she was in pain as she used the wall to pull herself up to her feet. She did her best to glare at him despite the fact that the room was spinning. She ignored the strange shimmering colors as she continued to stare at him. She had picked up the habit while living on the streets. The poor Shi'ido had been starving and some 'kind soul' had told her he had a solution to her hunger and pain. In a way it worked... The drug dulled all of the sensations that were bothering her. She was hooked. That had been about twenty years ago. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

"It matters to me when i see someone hurt like that, and sit back down right now." He was more than stern about what he just said, his hands coming up and pulling her down and forcing her to sit right there. "Alexander, how about you?" He was checking her for any more deathsticks now, making sure that she didn't have any more of them

Nyx Saranei

"Nyx," She replied, trying to kick him away. She only had two left on her, and she wouldn't give them up easily. The Shi'ido had been on them so long she was almost positive withdrawal would kill her. She even tried to bite him. Nyx refused to give him an easy time of finding her drugs. The poor street rat needed them. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

He hated doing this but as she tried to bite him his hand came back and he drew his hand back and looked at her, his eyes hard for the moment. "I am trying to help you, you can accept my help or you can spit in my face, but im going to help you." His eyes focused in on hers now and he waited for her to speak or not to, either way he would grab the death sticks finally and held it up.

Nyx Saranei

She whined this time, true fear showing on her face. The idea of withdrawal scared her to no end. She didn't think she'd be able to survive the process, let alone deal with it alone. A single tear slid down her cheek. The effects of the last shot were already wearing off. The Shi'ido actually started crying as he took away the last of her supply. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

What he did next was the utter opposite of what he had planned to in the beginning, his hands coming around as he hugged the woman and patted her back while she cried. "Hey, calm down, its ok..." He wasn't planning to let this girl simply suffer here and alone, so his way of helping her meant that he was also going to have to stick by her. "Like i said, its ok, and i plan to help you."

Nyx Saranei

Nyx tried to push him away, but her muscles were weak from a mixture of malnutrition and drug abuse. She didn't want to be anywhere near this kid right now, but if he wanted too he could easily drag her out of the abandoned building. She was small and weak. Deciding to give in and let him do whatever it was he intended to do with her, the Shi'ido morphed into a small kitten and curled into a ball. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

He smiled and looked at the kitten before stroking its back and picking it up. Well he supposed if he was going to bring home something, a cat would probably make a little more sense than a girl... for any normal person. He on a routine basis brought people home of all ages, having his parents feed them for the night before giving them credits he won in a game of Pazaak that he played with smugglers that came through the city. Sure he cheated but he always made sure his marks didn't need the cash after talking with one Corvus Raaf.

Nyx Saranei

Nyx meowed softly and cuddled against him. She was shivering slightly and he was nice and warm. The girl turned kitten could feel her stomach growling as she was picked up. The Shi'ido knew she needed food, but she didn't feel like eating. In a few hours she knew she wouldn't be able to keep any food down and eating now may be a good idea, but she felt no desire to even try to get some form of nourishment into her body. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Alexander smiled and looked down at her as her stomach growled. He said nothing though and continued on to his home where he said hi to the guards and went into the common area before realizing something, looking at his parents and then the shiido... Where did its clothes go. "Uh hey mom, dad, i found another person needing our help... yes i know it looks feline, its a shapeshifter... im going to leave incase something happens that i expect to happen..." With that he set Nyx down on a chair with his mother there watching the cat while his father followed him into the kitchen

Nyx Saranei

Nyx chose to stay in her kitten from for now. The small white and black bundle of fur hopped off the chair and wiggled its way under a nearby couch. If she was going to go through withdrawal she wanted to be somewhere small and dark. She was very cat-like in personality after all. Small, dark spaces were her friend. The den-like area beneath the couch was comforting and she purred a bit as she curled up under it. [member="Alexander Sannes"]

[member="Nyx Saranei"]

Alexander came back in and his parents left while he sat down with a small tray of food, mixed between some meat and plants of various kinds. His eyes cast up at the ceiling as he waited for her to pop out of her hole, looking down into it though after a moment. "Come on out, you and i both know you need to eat. If you don't eat you will die miss."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom