Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Denied Ankhypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
Name: Ankhypt

Region: Outer
System: Osiris System
Suns: 2
Orbital Position: Habitable Zone
Moons: Bast (Moon)
System Features: Anubi (Dead World)
Coordinates: AL-35
Rotational Period: 24 days
Orbital Period: 10 years

Class: Terrestial
Diameter: 15,000km in Diameter
Atmosphere: Type 1
Climate: Arid
Gravity: Standard
Primary Terrain: Deserts

Native Species: Anubians, Humans
Immigrated Species: Cathar
Primary Languages: Galactic Basic Standard, Annekh
Government: Monarchy
Population: 8 Billion
Demonym: Ankhyptians
Major Imports: Weaponry, Battle Droids, Starships, Water
Major Exports: Gold, Gems, Slaves, Copper, Beer and Fruits

Affiliation: Neutral

Major Locations:

Tairos:
The capital of Ankhypt, Tairos is a literal ''diamond in the rough''. Surrounded at all sides by desert, and the large pyramid tombs of rulers past, the majestic palaces and estates perched atop seven hills, with a vast metropolis surrounding each of them would serve as a glistening beacon to the populace of Ankhypt. A vast towering palace would dominate the skyline of the city above all others, the royal home of the Pharaohs, with a large golden statue of the current ruler Sekhmatep the Wise standing proudly while holding his royal scepter, the statue itself looking down upon the city from the roof of the vast keep, serving as a reminder of both the Pharaoh's power, and the great wealth that has made the planet as wealthy as it is.

Culture: A powerful monarchy in the Outer Rim, Ankhypt is currently a major trading hub on this side of the galaxy, trading it's vast natural riches for both weapons of war and vital supplies needed to keep the planet running like it does. Ruled over by the Pharaoh and the various noble houses under his command, the native Anubian populace are elevated above all other native species on Ankhypt, who serve as their surprisingly willing slaves. Obedience has been drilled into them over the course of tens of thousands of years, and the non-Anubian population worship the Anubians as living gods, which has led to a booming slave trade upon the planet. Visitors to the world have ''recognition chips'' beaming a specific signal inserted beneath the skin of their forearm to ensure they're never mistaken for one of the slave population, which may be easily removed by the injectee as soon as they leave the planet, if they feel it uncomfortable. The Anubian race are also highly religious, worshiping a pantheon of many gods, with the force sensitives of their race joining the priesthood of this religion, wielding the dark side like it were some sort of sorcery.

Technology: While seemingly primitive compared to the galaxy at large, Ankhypt is far from technologically backward. While the non-Anubian races live simplistically, like they have done for thousands of years, the Anubian households have easy access to technology up to date with the rest of the galaxy at large.

History: At the dawn of known Ankhyptian history, the Anubian race was the only sentient species on the planet Ankhypt, and had built a mighty empire after uniting all of the seperate city states. Eventually, however, human colonists arrived on Ankhypt, and stole a large swathe of unsettled land from the local Anubians. The two races began constantly waging war with one another for dominance until the Anubians eventually broke their enemies, forcing them into slavery. Over the course of the next ten thousand years, the humans of Ankhypt were slowly brainwashed and indoctrinated into worshiping and obeying their Anubian masters without question. In more recent, a sizable Cathar population arrived on Ankhypt fleeing from the Galactic Empire. At the mercy of the Pharaoh Imnahteb, he was forced by the influence of his high priests to generously welcome these new visitors to live among them on their world and share in it's wealth, due to their likeness of one of the gods part of the Anubian pantheon. From then on, the Cathar have filled the ''middle class'' of Ankhypt, and while still subservient to the Anubians, are not treated as slaves unlike the human population, and peacefully co-exist with the Anubians of Ankhypt with little complaint.

During the early stages Gulag Plague, Ankhypt recieved terrifying news of the mysterious disease which was causing widespread galactic chaos. Their current Pharaoh adopted an isolationist policy to prevent the population of Ankhypt from being afflicted by such a horrible disease, shooting down any ships that dared approach the planet during such a turmoil filled time for the galaxy. This had the unfortunate effect of quickly using up their stock of food supplies, leading to many deaths from starvation until crops could be grown to meet the demand for food and medicine, though it had spared their species from total destruction.

Recently, during the recent Netherworld event, several Anubian deities had ''made themselves known'' to the Priesthood of Ankhypt, increasing their already notable influence. Such events had also boosted the Anubian people's connection to the force, leading to a higher birth rate of force sensitive individuals. Deciding such remarkable ''gifts'' were a sign from the gods, the current Pharaoh of Ankhypt ended their isolationist policies, believing the time for his people to rise up and become a galactic power had come at long last.

Notable PCs: N/A
Intent: The purpose of this new planet is to provide a homeworld for the new species I'll be submitting soon, and an interesting new locale themed around Ancient Egypt to provide new RP opportunities for anyone interested in such a locale!

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
Count Morcus said:
Rotational Period: 32 Orbital Period: 10
I would like to see units added onto this.

Your history is a bit lacking. I'd like to see it shored up a couple more paragraphs, as well as mentioning what happened to this planet during both the Gulag Plague and the Netherworld event.

Tag me with edits and we can work from there.
[member="Count Morcus"]

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
[member="Count Morcus"]

Count Morcus said:
Visitors to the world have ''recognition chips'' beaming a specific signal inserted beneath the skin of their forearm to ensure they're never mistaken for one of the slave population.
Are the chips removed as they leave the planet?

Count Morcus said:
Notable PCs:
If there's no current players, just put 'N/A'.

Alright, sorry for the delay. Here we go :)

Count Morcus said:
Major Exports: Gold, Gems, Slaves
This isn't really an edit that's necessary but something I think worth considering: Copper, Beer, and Liquor derived from succulent plants. These, I think would sort of increase your possibilities in the future and would fit well with the Egyptian theme you have going. Just a thought.

Count Morcus said:
At the dawn of known Ankhyptian history, the Anubian and Human populations of the planet had their own separate kingdoms, constantly waging war with one another for dominance until the Anubians inevitably won.
I'd like to read more about this. Presumably, humans migrated to this planet by some means? I'm unclear on this as your history starts a bit in media res. This had a substantial impact on the culture and path of the planet so I think this warrants a bit more description (maybe the Anubians were stronger, more technologically advanced at the time, or could wield the force in a way to polarize the entire population against the humans).

Count Morcus said:
Over the course of the next ten thousand years, the humans of Ankhypt were slowly brainwashed and indoctrinated into worshiping and obeying their Anubian masters without question. In more recent, a sizable Cathar population arrived on Ankhypt fleeing from the Galactic Empire. At the mercy of the Pharaoh Imnahteb, he decided to rather generously welcome these new visitors to live among them on their world and share in it's wealth
You're spanning a good deal of time here in a short distance. I'd like to see more about what was occurring at these points. Were there lingering rebellions or did the sweeping tide of the anubians simply wash over all resistance? Was the acceptance of the Cathar gradual or more a snap of the fingers? Was the Pharoah pressured at all to accept them, for other reasons? Bulk up the history that precedes the gulag plague by a significant amount, please.

Count Morcus said:
During the Gulag Plague, Ankhypt adopted an isolationist policy to prevent it's population from coming under the effects of the illness, shooting down any ships that dared approach the planet during such a turmoil filled time for the galaxy. This had the unfortunate effect of quickly using up their stock of food supplies, leading to many deaths from starvation until crops could be grown to meet the demand for food and medicine.
How were they aware of the gulag plague before it reached the planet? Was it a result of word spreading or something like that? Sweeping feeling of death in the force? How did other bodies of government respond to envoys and traders being shot down in Along with that, I'm assuming humans felt the brunt of this famine that occurred. Historically, when hard times hit, it's the poor that feel it the worst.

Count Morcus said:
Recently, in the aftermath of the Netherworld event, the current Pharaoh ended their isolationism, finally opening themselves up for trade to revitalize the Ankhyptian economy and boost their technological development up to current standards.
Were there no other impacts beyond ending the isolationism? This might be an interesting time for the Gods to become either more corporeally present, strengthening the grip the pharoah has on the people, or the exact opposite. Or perhaps the changes in the force caused the sorcerers to gain momentum in securing power within the hierarchy. This was a substantial event, a lot of disappearance, and I'd like to see a bit more here.

[member="Count Morcus"]

At first, I wasn't too ecstatic to see that the netherworld increased the number of force sensitives born. And by that, I mean for like two seconds. I actually think that's a very interesting take on the netherworld event, one I haven't seen really done before. And with that, it's of course relative and doesn't really imply a staggering increase in force sensitive over the universal average (keep in mind that if this is used in the species, it may need balancing).

With that, I think I'm satisfied with this.

Approved pending secondary.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom