Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Unexpected Reunion

1000px-Onderon-TCW.png

Onderon
Why did she not hear or sense the man’s hostility as he pulled that trigger? He may have been overpowered by the crowd but the stray blaster bolt that was without doubt aimed for her head had still managed to etch a nice little burn mark into the back of Kana’s shoulder. It’s what she got for not wearing armor. At least so she told herself. Not that she expected to be shot in the back by some two-bit thug.

Had she been a healer she would have taken care of it herself but as things were at the moment that wasn’t going to happen. Besides, clinics were expensive. At least the good kind. Not that she was in a place that would be the kind of place you’d expect such technology in. It was a crummy area. Compared to the rest of the planet it looked rather rundown and the signs of disparities were showing from the differences in how people looked and behaved.

Stepping through the door to an unnamed clinic she approached someone who looked like she belonged. Though initially met with skepticism the nurse’s attitude changed as Kana showed her the wound. It was nothing serious but a doctor should still take a look at it and the nurse lead her into a small room. There were small tools spread at different places all over.

The nurse told her to take a seat by the examination table. The slight jiggle it gave off at first was a bit discouraging but if it meant it would lessen the pain in her shoulder then that was fine by her. There was a mirror in the room and the doctor hadn’t arrived yet.

She got up and gave herself a look. The small cut of a scar on her right cheek was still there, an awkward battle trophy from when she fell through a window. It would seem she’d have a second awkward scar to her. Kana pulled the fabric of her jumpsuit somewhat. The only benefit to having a black one was that the parts where the burn marks began and the fabric ended was obscured by the darkness of it all.

With an impatient sigh she took her seat on the table again. Her back against the entrance and staring at the wall she hoped the doctor would be here soon.

[ [member="Yetari Sellix"] ]

Yetari Sellix

The Traveling Doctor
"The patient is waiting for you in room four Doctor Talmanic. She has a low-to-mid powered blaster shot to the back of her...right shoulder I believe it was, and she's young so you'll have to find out if she has any parents about."

"And did you call the authorities?"

"Of course I didn't call them yet! A clinic in this part of the city has to be able to keep certain things on the hush if need be, or people won't be willing to trust us to help them. I'll also leave that decision to you doctor."

The doctor gave his usual "you're the best partner in crime a guy could ask for" smile before walking towards the assigned room with his trusty datapad in hand, avoiding the traffic of people and other workers. Yetari always found these small and somewhat run-down clinics to be his personal favorites, even now that he was working with a bit more funding as a member of the Rebel Alliance, since they needed his help more than the average place did. It also helped that smaller places had more of a personal touch with workers like nurse Doria who acted like she didn't care too much, but the old human always went above and beyond to try and help those in need. He considered asking her to join him with the rebels and their growing medical group, but he already knew that she would refuse to leave these people behind so asking was pointless.

He was here in order to keep a look out for anything interesting to his benefactors before heading out soon, but all the while it gave him a chance to get back to the nomadic ways he grew somewhat accustomed to while also enjoying a break from the somewhat intense atmosphere of their main headquarters. Serving a greater cause was something he would never trade away for this kind of life again, but Yetari couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if he chose to just...stay here as well. Would it really be so bad? Of course he would have to either drop the fake name or stick with it forever, which would make his monogrammed toothbrush a waste, but he could live with it if need be. The questions and possibilities ran through his mind, distracting him somewhat as he opened the door to room four, but when he saw who was inside they were definitely put aside.

"Well little lady," the doctor said with a welcoming smile as he entered the room and looked over his datapad before looking up, "It sounds like you've had a fun ni-"

The showman smile vanished, replaced by an open-mouthed look of surprise as his heart jumped with joy and broke in half from sorrow at the sight of [member="Kana Truden"].

"Kana? My goodness...is that really you?"

Her stare was set on the ground as she could sense the doctor entering the room. There seemed to be the vaguest hint of a force user but it didn’t feel familiarr. She brushed it aside, the chances that it’d be hostile felt low considering that she was in a clinic. She twitched as doctor spoke up. That voice, it was so familiar. She looked around the room and before long her eyes set on… Yetari?

His eyes were set on the datapad in his hands. It looked like he had gotten a new one, or maybe her repairs had held still. In either case it was good to see her old friend again. Her eyes jittered as she had no idea how to react. He looked up and just like her he seemed surprised to see her. Not that he shouldn’t, it had been what felt like years since last. He spoke up and she remained quiet for a bit longer before speaking up herself.

“Yetari?” Her jaw dropped as well.”I didn’t expect… Wow!”

She stood up from the bed and proceeded to hug her long lost friend. Her shoulder hissed internally in a reminder that she was still shot but she didn’t care. So much had happened since last time and it was just good to see someone from ‘before all this’ that was still alive. Now, what was an easy way to slip ‘I am in the Jedi Order’ into a conversation? Not that she had to. Her saber hilt had been firmly pressed against the man’s stomach. Something she realized the second she backed off.

An awkward chuckle later and she was already back to being quiet. Would words ruin this moment? Maybe not, but she was speechlessn onetheless.

Yetari Sellix

The Traveling Doctor
[member="Kana Truden"] had become something...different since they last met, made obvious by the scar on her face and the unfortunate piece of metal that poked him as they hugged. The look of pure shock on his face was replaced with a sad smile, but before the doctor could make it awkward by bringing up the difficult topic of Jedi he remembered his duties and moved them both towards the medical table. They would have plenty of time to catch up while he found out what she was doing here in the first place.

"You must have gotten into a good deal of trouble since we last met." Yetari said while pulling up a chair for himself, "You have no idea just how glad I am to know you escaped the clutches of those damn Sith. If they managed to take another friend from me I don't know how I would react!"

He summoned a weak laugh, still brought low by the obvious change in her nature, but to ruin their reunion with his foolish prejudices would be unforgivable. To get back on task he pulled out his scanner and began waving it over her to find any problems.

"So, what brings you to a lovely little run-down clinic like this? To bump into each other this way is nothing short of incredible." He smirked, still working, "Unless you've been stalking me this whole time, then I'd have to point out that I'm a bit too old for you Kana."

He seemed uneasy about something. She didn’t know what it was but the brief moment of sad emotions before the awkward silence had the possibility to kick in was evident enough through the force. Yetari had a point though. A lot had happened and it was very good to see someone alive from Alderaan. Granted, Yetari had flown out the day after their encounter but he still counted as a local with how close they grew.

“There’s no need to worry, if I wanted to spy on you I’d have asked my friends for help.” An equally feigned smile turned into a frown. “I’d lie if I said I haven’t missed you though.”

She let her eyes drift aside for a second as she gave those words a bit more thought. That didn’t sound as good when spoken out loud as it had in her mind.

“No-not like that though!” Kana blurted out in a not-so-smooth recovery. “I meant as a friend. Most of mine disappeared or died during the invasions. It’s good to meet someone again who know me for more than just this.

Kana withdrew the saber from her belt and held it out for a considerably better look before placing it beside her on the table.

“Things changed considerably since last.” She sighed as frustration mixed with a small hint of tragic nostalgia. “At least I found that thing that made me want to keep on living, just as you said I should.”

Now, what was a good way to tell him he was the cause of all this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom