Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Order of Grey? (Interest Check and a Question)

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
So ive found myself thinking about this sort of thing recently and after playing KOTOR two (Again) a interesting thought rose in my mind, with the Sith and the Jedi there are opposites that are arms of governments and Rulers of worlds, but are there any current orders that truly separate themselves from the worlds that they serve. My thought came from the remnants of the Jedi Order and Jedi Master Kavar in that game. To create a Order that serves as truly neutral force users, who act to preserve peace without subjucting those they are choosing to protect, acting as advisers without actually holding any power in that place. This is what i had thought of and i ask the community here if they are interested in a thing like this, in which it remains a minor faction unless absolutely needed with no other options left, in which you learn from both the Dark and the Light Side and create a greater good without commanding power in any faction like the Sith Emperor, Jedi Battlemasters, Lords of the Fringe, or Templar Order.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
There is a good deal of philosophy mixed up in the Dark, Light, and the in-between. Also easy to get lost there too. Having more teachers around the site and more opportunities for learning is always a wonderful thing. But defining yourself as 'Grey' tends to mean everything all at once. Leaving little flavor, a touch of confusion, a good deal of separation, and endless interpretations. It's kind of like saying you're good at everything all at once.

In the beginning it is easy to understand and practice. But when you reach Master Level and beyond, deciding between whether to save with Force Light or to destroy with Force Storm? Just as an off-the-cuff decision? ...Well? That can sort of break your religion. And your character.

As always. I say follow your heart and GO DO IT! Write what you want to write and fellowship kindred spirits. Nothing wrong with messing up and trying again anyway. Go for it. :D

Sam Jhovna said:
There is a good deal of philosophy mixed up in the Dark, Light, and the in-between. Also easy to get lost there too. Having more teachers around the site and more opportunities for learning is always a wonderful thing. But defining yourself as 'Grey' tends to mean everything all at once. Leaving little flavor, a touch of confusion, a good deal of separation, and endless interpretations. It's kind of like saying you're good at everything all at once.

In the beginning it is easy to understand and practice. But when you reach Master Level and beyond, deciding between whether to save with Force Light or to destroy with Force Storm? Just as an off-the-cuff decision? ...Well? That can sort of break your religion. And your character.

As always. I say follow your heart and GO DO IT! Write what you want to write and fellowship kindred spirits. Nothing wrong with messing up and trying again anyway. Go for it. :D
The thing about Grey is that they can also be devoid of light or dark. There are neutral powers, such as push or pull. Affect mind. Throw saber. All of that. You can be a Grey without needing Lightside or Darkside. But even to those who are choosing between Force Light or Force Storm (From my understanding though Force Storm is a no no) why not strive to learn both? If Light and Dark are part of your character, learning to destroy and to save would be a goal, not a confusion. Not everyone can learn everything, but learning in balance wouldn't be as hard as you think. Force Heal and Force Lightning for example.

At least, that's how Krest is. He's not torn between which he should learn because he's striving to learn it all. The choice between Light or Storm is like an apprentice who uses a saber trying to decide between Force Speed or Force Jump. Hopefully this all made sense \o/ And yes, I'm down for Grey.

sabrina

I don`t know if this help`s, but as a rule, my character, will apply the sith code to her enemy.
This would be to see, if her action is the correct one.
i.e. She does not want her enemy to hate her, as that would give them strength.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Krest said:
The thing about Grey is that they can also be devoid of light or dark. There are neutral powers, such as push or pull. Affect mind. Throw saber. All of that. You can be a Grey without needing Lightside or Darkside. But even to those who are choosing between Force Light or Force Storm (From my understanding though Force Storm is a no no) why not strive to learn both? If Light and Dark are part of your character, learning to destroy and to save would be a goal, not a confusion. Not everyone can learn everything, but learning in balance wouldn't be as hard as you think. Force Heal and Force Lightning for example.
I've never thought of it like that before. Learning Benevolent techniques and Hatred techniques at the same time seems so weird? I can't imagine Sam being calm and serene while cooking people alive with Lighting or Force Storm. Nor could I imagine her being a bloodthirsty sadist and using Force Heal upon refugees for hours at a time.

I suppose if I assumed that one need not channel Peace or Hatred to manifest the Force? If I could assume that all Force Powers were in fact, Neutral. Then yeah. I could see that happening.

If I could assume that somehow I could avoid falling to Darkside and yet somehow become a Master of it? Sure. Or that somehow I could remain a Pirate Marauder and yet Master the techniques of the Light? Then yeah. I could see a character learning everything.

Or if I could simply say there is no Good or Evil in the universe, everything is just The Force. Unknowable, unalignable, and ambiguous. Then yeah. I could see Sam learning everything, being everything, and accepting everything. But I don't think I'd be playing Star Wars anymore. I think I would watching a wet-dream.

Interesting thoughts, though. I suppose everybody approaches it differently. :D

Alexandra Feanor

BTW, for those that spoke here and those that havent, ive decided to actually go through with this and set it up, if youre interested in helping with the planning out the stuff to go along with it i would love your imput.

Tagging those in the thread so far now who have shown an interest. [member="Minna"] [member="Krest"] [member="Zander"]

Edit: So in a private conversation with Minna, she brought up some excellent points and ideas and my answers are below to them, tell me what you all think about them or about anything i said and your own ideas on such answers or maybe your own answers.

Minna's Questions:

Like the Jedi Order kind of looks up to the Skywalkers and Yoda as their ideals for Jedi, the Grey Order could focus more on Jolee Bindo (who I see is in your sig), as he was a major 'Grey' Jedi I believe.
Also, you'll have to decide yourself whether you want this Grey order to be an entire order of its own beliefs located elsewhere, or just a small sect of Jedi focused more on 'balance' than 'light'. The 'entire order' idea seems most reasonable.
You'll also need to see about leadership. Usually a Master runs an Order, and since you're a Knight, I'm not sure how it will work... I'm not saying it won't or that you cant do it, but unless admin can approve you to Master, or you make Knights and Masters more equal in the order, it's going to be a tiny problem when the leader is a Knight and the followers are Masters.
Also, White Lightsabers are cool and should be used because I like them, and I heard they were the symbol of Grey Jedi. Of course, colours are optional, but White should definately be a major option.

My answers:

Wow.. and ya, i thought about the whole problem over Alexandra's being a Knight though i think the way it would work out is it would be a council much like the Jedi or Sith council, but instead of holding seats for power it would before for merit and knowledge rather than how strong a force user is. Plus with the current pool of interest not really too many masters looking into this anyways. Of course this is in such a case itll probably be a thirteen seat council, a Council Speaker(Like a GM in the Jedi) would be a tie breaking vote but otherwise be a silent observer and other wise adviser.

As for the Saber color, i was thinking of White, Grey, and looking to adapt Obsidian somehow or a darker crystal as a focusing crystal. So to keep with the Light/Neutral/Darkside effect. So while this would not be mandatory, any NPCs would likely hold one of the three colors based on their preference of study rather than if you choose to be a guardian or Consular.

The Jolee Bindo idea is gold, and there are many other grey Jedi that can be added into the category such as Bastila Shan, Revan, the Exile, Traya from far in history to even notable Jedi or Sith like Ashaad Hett(Pre Krayt) or Luke Skywalker. Mostly those who have walked light and dark or come from periods of great struggle with inner demons to find their own path.

Definitely a separate Order, no need for Jedi overlords :D

Woo for Grey \o/

And I call them the Grey. Jolee Bindo wasn't a Jedi, and he said as much himself. The Grey are just that. The Grey. As for Sabers, I'd add purple, which is a combo of Blue and Red. Blue is used for Jedi more often then not, and Red is used for Sith, making purple perfect for an inbetweener like myself (And possibly others)

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Krest"]

The sabers themselves are more of an OOC thing, for NPCs and if characters so choose they can make one of the neutral colors or purple or blue or orange or gold. Dont want to force people to pick a color, i would rather they picked what they wanted than me or anyone else tell them they should have a certain saber.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Skrik Piper"] [member="CaptainXalen"]

I am so sorry for not posting or tending to this, the past month has been hectic and July ill be completely missing. For any questions or anyone else looking to join please PM or talk to [member="Ella Nova"] if there are any questions. This Faction is still active and i do hope that it remains as such until i get back in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom