Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An antique droid.

B1-883331

B
WattosShop.jpg

A dusty old Droid store on the lower levels of Coruscant would open it's doors once more, the old Mon Calamari shopkeeper who ran it gently sweeping the floor with an old wooden broom. Within the shop, there would be rows upon rows of various different droid models, waiting to be purchased. In the very back of the long corridor, would be the ''antique'' droid section, where various old models of droid were on sale for various collectors and droid connoisseurs.
BothawuiOOM.png

In pride of place on a small platform in clear view, an old OOM-series Command Droid would be seated in an old Lucrehulk command chair, it's old chassis in remarkably good condition, and a sign next to the platform would say ''Still functioning! CPU upgraded to modern standards!'', along with it's rather reasonable price tag. The old shopkeeper wasn't extortionate like other merchants. He sold his droids for what they were worth, production wise.

Felicia entered the shop from curiosity, more than anything. She had no knowledge of droids beyond their use, but she had always been interested in antiques. The dusty shop was occupied by several old droids, and a Mon Calamari shopkeep, sweeping his floor. He paused to wave to his potential customer.
Felicia's eyes were caught by the old droid on the on the display. She asked the shopkeep, "How much is that one worth?"

B1-883331

B
The old shopkeeper smiled, propping the broom up against the counter. ''Ahh, welcome! I see you've noticed Threes.......He's a rare one. The only still functioning OOM-series Command Droid in existance. It's a mystery how he's survived for eight hundred years. I'll sell him to you for a fair price, since I've been trying to find him an owner. An old war veteran deserves one after all........5000 credits. And that's only because I like you, miss!''
@[member="Felicia Kazavel"]

B1-883331

B
The shopkeeper smiled. ''He's been updated with modern command and combat programming. If you need a general, this droid will cater to that need quite efficently. And i assure you, you won't see another droid like this anywhere in the galaxy.''

@[member="B1-883331"] | @[member="Felicia Kazavel"]

Hasjo Hallu, Jedi Padawan of Master Sochi Ru had been wandering the dark depths of the droid shop. He'd been searching for a droid for some time, but had never come across anything that truly caught his eye. Sure he had R9-LH, but he was an astromech and was of no use apart from flying and repairing his Delta-7 Light Interceptor. His green, webbed hand sat on his chin when he heard a lady enter the store. He craned his neck to listen to the conversation. Hasjo called out, moving towards the patron and shop owner "5,000 credits you say? I'll raise you one if the droid can also fly"

B1-883331

B
The shopkeeper shook his head. ''T'is a command droid mainly. Ain't programmed to fly, only lead and fight.''
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Jai-Fohro Krava, known as the infamous White Knight (GasMask in most crime-rings), was in need of a new glassware for his R9 Astromech Droid's eyepiece. He walked in, keeping his head low, and walked quickly towards the back. He knew that his bounty on Coruscant was at it's peak, 2,000,000 credits to whomever turned him in, dead or alive. He was right in the crux of it. He hated taking risks, especially so far from the Outer-Rim, but he needed the tech.

He'd just finished a small job for a Hutt Crimelord located on Tatooine. He had a long journey ahead of him, so he entered the dusty old shop with the intent of getting his glassware and leaving. He knew if anyone in the dusty shop recognized his white coat and his obvious gas mask, he'd be made. His heavy breathing made him more noticeable than he'd like so he stayed low and covered his blasters and guardian dual-sabers.
The shop was very dusty, so much so his gas mask had trouble filtering in enough clean oxygen. He pulled out his pump and pressed it into his gas mask twice. He found his breathing became steadier and he re-hid his pump.
As he walked towards the back of the store he noticed a very well built Nautolan Jedi. He couldn't guess the ranking, but he could sense the Jedi's strength. Suddenly The White Knight became encumbered with a strong sense of Force. The stench of darkness overwhelmed his mind and he looked into it's depths. He was viewing a Shatterpoint, it lasted for a split second in real-time but felt like an era to The White Knight. He saw a green flash, he saw his own sabers clashing against another's. He saw soldiers taking him and felt his hands turn cold with the wraps of shackles. He suddenly flashed out of the Shatterpoint and knew that if the Nautolan got a good look at him he'd be made, fought possibly, and if he was very unlucky, arrested. The White Knight ducked behind a shelf, bumping into a small piece of metal that fell and clanked to the floor. He could feel his heart racing, he knew coming to Coruscant was a mistake, even in the lower levels. He sat there, breathing heavily though his grey gas-mask, hoping to evade the Nautolan.

@[member="B1-883331"]
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]
@Jai-Fohro Krava

"A good droid is priceless."

The man who walked into the inner chambers of the shop had a sinister air about him. He bore on his shoulders a crimson cloak, the hood shading most of his face. But his pale skin and thin lips were clearly visible. His voice was a soft whisper, a whisper strangely audible enough in the confines of the shop. A smile crept sped those thin lips.

"But only if it is the one you need."

The stranger stepped in close.

"This price shopkeep, it is not the best price you could give me. Give us...Not if you truly wish this droid to be sold."

After all there were others in this store apart from himself and not all of them were in perfect control, not all of them even wished to be found.

@[member="B1-883331"] | @[member="Skorn Draclau"] | @[member="Jai-Fohro Krava"]

"I'll take him. I'm a member of the Republic Navy, I'll be needing a command droid for both planetary and space operations" Hasjo said. He hand't noticed the White Knight, not yet at least. He was busy retrieving his data pad from his inner robes to pay for the droid. His head snapped as metal clashed against the floor, but not a second passed before his attention was drawn elsewhere. He could feel the Dark Side within this man. He opened a new tab control on his data pad, opening a communication link to the CSF en case this man tried anything. He had no hard evidence, but the uncomfortable sensation the man brought with him was warning enough of where his loyalties lay. Thing was, not only was Hasjo apart of the Jedi Order and Republic Navy, he led his own CSF Task Force.

"I'll take him. I'm a member of the Republic Navy. I'll be needing a command droid for both planetary and space operations."
The White Knight heard the Nautolan speak. He sounded young, perhaps a Padawan still. In the event of a fight perhaps he'd have a chance. He'd defeated Jedi Knights and Padawans before. He looked around, searching for a way to get out of the shop quickly. Then he felt it.
​"A good droid is priceless, but only if it is the one you need. This price shopkeep, it is not the best price you could give me. Give us...not if you truly wish this droid to be sold".
The voice plummeted to the depths of The White Knights sold and took hold of it. It gripped his mind tight and wrapped it in a blanket of darkness. The cold whisper of the voice creeped, inch-by-inch, down his spinal chord. He quickly readjusted his gas mask and attempted to breath slowly. He was in the presence of darkness, manifested through the Force. Something about the dark energy was inviting. It filled The White Knight with emotions, and drew him further in. He felt warm, like he'd discovered a hot blanket on Hoth.

Another flash of light entered The White Knights mind, another shatterpoint. He saw the Jedi's green saber, swinging through the air and clashing into a large mass of dark energy, it sucked the color right out of the green saber and encompassed it.
The shatterpoint ended and it was then The White Knight saw his way out, he'd stir up some trouble. As was a talent of his.

B1-883331

B
The shopkeeper smiled at Hasjo. ''If that's the case, mister, he's sold to you!'', he'd say, holding out his hand to shake Hasjo's.
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

@[member="B1-883331"]

"I'll do the droid justice" Hasjo said, shaking the mans hand firmly, with his green webbed hands. As they released hands, Hasjo motioned to the droid in question he had bought "Shall we power him up?"

B1-883331

B
''Indeed! Let me just go get him ready!'', the shopkeeper said as he strolled over to the stationary command droid. He'd pick him up off the throne, before putting him on the floor, the droid curling up into it's standard inactive position. He'd pull out his datapad, pressing a button on it, the droid would slowly stand, sliding it's E-5 blaster rifle off it's back before standing to attention. ''B1-883331, awaiting command!'', he'd say, in the usual B1 tone of voice.
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]
@[member="Skorn Draclau"]

Hasjo follows the shopkeep, clasping his hands together as he watches him activate the droid. A smile curled along his fat lips. Hasjo looked to the shopkeeper and then back to the droid. Hasjo glanced at it suspiciously and spoke, unsure if the droid would respond "I am your new Commander, B1-883331. I am Hasjo Hallu of the Galactic Republic." He had barely remembered the digits after the droid had spoke them. There was quite a lot of them.

@[member="B1-883331"]

B1-883331

B
The droid tilted it's head, innocently enough. ''Working for the Republic, am I? That's.....a new one. Rather ironic, but I'm not picky about work! Just call me Threes, saves you having to remember all those digits.....'', he'd say, before looking around. ''So.....I'm hoping your gonna be buyin' some of these other droids for me to command or something? That's kinda what I was built for, after all! I'm no run of the mill battle droid!''
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]
@[member="Skorn Draclau"]

"Of course, if they're of the same model. Although you will also be commanding organic navy personnel, not just droid" Hasjo commented. He glanced over his shoulders at the other droids on sale "What would you recommend, Threes?"

@[member="B1-883331"]

B1-883331

B
''If you'll follow me!'', he'd say, beckoning Hasjo to follow him as they walked through a doorway hidden behind the chair Threes was sitting on. On the other-side would be a sizable warehouse, filled to the brim with replica B1 and B2 battle droids, along with a few Droidekas nestled on some shelving, fresh from the foundry. ''I think these'll do, eh? The shopkeeper has an arrangement with a droid foundry on Hypori, gets 'em in bulk!''
@[member="Hasjo Hallu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom