Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

alternative restricted item aquisition

Sin1

S
^ I agree with him, some of these acquisitions....are...crazy hard for things that are nearly no where as strong as Phrik, or Beskar.

Arumi Zy said:
I know some of the ones need raids and mining etc, but can we do a black market aquisition thread to obtain say Phrik etc.
If the source is from a PC that has done the thread required of the material, that is the case, yes. If it is from an NPC to circumvent the thread, you will need to still fulfill the requirements stated in the Banned & Restricted Items list. (This can be done by NPCing the thread if you wish)

Be aware you will be asked to provide the thread they used to acquire the material as well as the thread used to purchase the material.

Razer Sin said:
^ I agree with him, some of these acquisitions....are...crazy hard for things that are nearly no where as strong as Phrik, or Beskar.
The subject of difficulty for these materials are not up for discussion, you can post a suggestion or feedback thread regarding this.

Silara said:
Razer Sin, on 07 Mar 2015 - 7:06 PM, said: ^ I agree with him, some of these acquisitions....are...crazy hard for things that are nearly no where as strong as Phrik, or Beskar. The subject of difficulty for these materials are not up for discussion, you can post a suggestion or feedback thread regarding this.
This is factory discussion forum correct? I mean that is discussing an aspect of the factory

[member="Silara"] [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

I may have worded it badly, let me try phrasing it again. Instead of doing a mining thread for materials that you can "Mine", could we do a thread to hunt it down on the black market. It would be no less difficult as a mining thread and it would probly be more fun for a lot of people. Its very insulting to have a judge say someone is suggesting an alternate thread type to circumvent work, expecially when the thread would be equally difficult if not more so then mining, it would be just more entertaining.

Arumi Zy said:
Its very insulting to have a judge say someone is suggesting an alternate thread type to circumvent work, expecially when the thread would be equally difficult if not more so then mining, it would be just more entertaining.
Circumvention in this instance meant to not break character and suddenly see the need to go and do what your character would not normally do. Silara, as a blind woman, would not go mining for phrik for instance. What I meant was if you intended to have your character avoid requiring to mine, and intended to obtain it from an NPC, then you could then have said NPC do what your character would normally be required to do. I was not implying or stating that you, personally, were trying to avoid doing work.

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] [member="Silara"]
I don't want to clog up factory with more questions so I'm just going to ask you guys in here. Can I maintain one dev thread, say just use one thread but develops everything in their own post. Say do 10 post about x 15 about y or how ever many and list the post numbers for ease the fJs jobs. I'm working on quite a few things and would like to keep it as easy and simple on you guys and me as possible

Arumi Zy said:
[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] [member="Silara"]
I don't want to clog up factory with more questions so I'm just going to ask you guys in here. Can I maintain one dev thread, say just use one thread but develops everything in their own post. Say do 10 post about x 15 about y or how ever many and list the post numbers for ease the fJs jobs. I'm working on quite a few things and would like to keep it as easy and simple on you guys and me as possible
Generally the idea is the more work you put into a development thread, the more you get out of it. So if you're planning to make 3 related items, such as a phrik mining thread spanning 40-50 posts (with a good deal of effort put into it) you can probably pull off making a full set of unique items, such as armor, a gun, etc.

[member="Arumi Zy"] Thats fine but make sure to tag myself or someone so we notice the question. Also thanks @Silara @Soliael Devin Talith for answering questions for me while I've been away at work ^_^

[member="Soliael Devin Talith"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Silara"]

Ok heres a new one for you guys, hate to be tossing so many questions out. For a while my company has been all over the place and i have decided to branch into and try to produce Fighters and components for said fighters (Armor, which is archived atm :D , Shields, power plants pretty much everything will be custom made for this fighter and for "Sale" on the open market for my company). The ship i am making is an interceptor designed specifically for killing soft targets like shuttles, freighters, troops transports and can still somewhat hold its own in a fire fight but relies more on speed then its damage soaking abilities. Can i do one long DEV thread to cover all the components and the ship or will i need to do a dev thread for each item? I am trying to make my company the premier company to buy fighters so im going to be having a lot of stuff going. May eventually try more then just fighters.

[member="Arumi Zy"]
I think your best bet is to try to do separate ones for several, perhaps doing a series of them, if each part is to be sold individually for other starfighters to use.

[member="Silara"]
If somebody already has something made from a restricted material, can we obtain it by taking their item?
ex: Nefertari obtains Matsu Xiangu's phrik cybernetic by cutting it off her in a duel

Nefertari Sovint said:
[member="Silara"]
If somebody already has something made from a restricted material, can we obtain it by taking their item?
ex: Nefertari obtains Matsu Xiangu's phrik cybernetic by cutting it off her in a duel
Yes but if you plan to use that item to make a new one you will be asked to do a reforging thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom