Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alone?

While all businesses are exceptional in their own ways, reliance totally upon one's self was an act reserved for the titans of the Galaxy. In the eras of the past, battles were fought by numerous nations; and driving their wars were weapons and vessels of great renown. Yet the corporations behind these war machines did not produce them alone; no, certain components were often provided by friendly entities with whom agreements had been made.

A famous starfighter model would have engines provided by one company and armaments by another, for example.

Yet strangely enough, the modern Galaxy did not operate under such trends often. Most saw fit to rely solely upon the efforts of their companies...yet Arakyd was different. Arakyd looked to the past for inspiration in many regards; and once again it followed this habit. The corporation desired to create vessels of exceptional abilities, yet it did not aspire to walk this road alone. As such, a holo-conference had been arranged between the CEO of Arakyd Industries and the CEO of Nubia Star Drives.

At the hour of the meeting's commencement, Isley Verd reached out and started up the connection. Seated in his office on Vulpter, he was dressed for the occasion to the letter. Beskar was replaced with a suit and tie; and he had even shaved for this venture. After warming up and reaching across the HoloNet, the Mandalorian's form would manifest before Twi'lek eyes as an azure projection. He rendered a polite bow of his head and offered a warm smile before introducing himself.

"Greetings! I am Isley Verd, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. Thank you for agreeing to have this sit down with me."

[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Sera's board of advisers generally undertook these types of meetings while the Jedi was away on whatever religious vendetta called upon her by the Order or the Republic. At least that is what they assumed whenever she was late or entirely absent from their important business discussions. While they put up with her nonsense in a comical kind of way, they understood the importance of her other tasks, and she generally respected and approved of their decisions in the wake of her absences. So in theory it was a love-hate relationship that they all co-existed peacefully, and rarely ever had too many disagreements.

However this meeting was one that they would actually be absent for, as it was more of an impromptu agenda item that had been forwarded directly to her by way of her personal assistant, Arya. The girl was one of the few, save for the rest of the board members who had direct access to her comm at all times. She was one of the few trusted outside of the Jedi Order that Sera would grant unfettered access to. So when the girl passed the message of the Mandalorian's request for a meeting she accepted without much hesitation, given their recent alliance with the Republic.

Sitting down in one of the private conference rooms on Ossus, where she had been earlier training a few Padawans she answered the call, looking upon the Mandalorian who introduced himself as [member="Isley Verd"]. "Hello Isley. I am Seraphina Shel'tah. What can I do for you?"

After a few moments, the Mandalorian was greeted with the manifestation of an azure projection. As to be expected, the Twi'lek CEO of Nubia Star Drives had answered the call. Now that pleasantries had been extended, it was time to get into the meat of the matter. After all, both were characterized by numerous pressing matters and time was money!

"I would like for our corporations to embark on a new venture together, Miss Shel'tah." he began. "History has shown that successful businesses often banded together, supplying one another with components vital to making exceptional products. A starfighter may be produced by one entity, yet its engines by another and so on. In particular, I would like for Arakyd Industries to rely upon Nubia Star Drives in the department of sub-capital hyperdrives. In the same manner, I would like to offer Nubia Star Drives access to Arakyd's own Pulsed Ion Engines for sub-capital ships."

"Through this, both of our corporations will have the opportunity to make exceptional products that may change the course of history. What say you?"

The Twi'lek smiled as Isley spoke. Straight to business. She was curious whether that was the businessman in him, or the Mandalorian. She knew them for being short for words and more for action, so perhaps it was just his nature. Regardless, she couldn't fault him for it, as she would rather not beat around the subject when not on a casual call.

"True. Rarely can a business survive on its' own for so long relying solely on itself. The galaxy simply does not function in that manner to great extent any longer." Her hand raised, resting her elbow on the desk with her chin cupped in the palm of her right hand as she spoke to the bluish hologram of [member="Isley Verd"]. "I am certain the board would agree with my decision here, so I will not need to consult them with this matter." Another smile would grace her face, cheeks lightly puffing out as she continued.

"I would be happy to enter into contract with Arakyd. We can supply your company with the hyperdrives you are looking for, and are certainly interested in expanding our available engine options to include Arakyd's."

When confirmation was given, the Mandalorian found himself smiling as well. This was a fortunate day indeed: a large step in the right direction.

"Excellent!" he said, giving his console a few taps. This, in turn, sent a basic contract over the Net for Seraphina to review and sign. It contained the formal terms of their agreement, all of which would line up exactly with what Isley had said. "I've sent you a contract that contains the terms. From there we can hash out where you would like your first shipment of engines delivered, and vice versa. If there is anything that you would like to add to the contract before making it official by signing, I'm more than open to amendments."

Sera pulled her datapad from the desk in front of her, glancing down as the connection was made and the contract retrieved from [member="Isley Verd"]. She looked it over quickly, it was one of the more plain-text layman's terms contracts she'd seen, which was good, because having to consult a swath of lawyers and the rest of the board would be a nightmare. One that would take time to address, consult, defer and wait for a response when they could be making money instead of spending it on reviewing a contract.

"This looks fine to me, Isley. It's pretty straightforward. As Nubia Star Drives is currently headquartered here on Nubia, any and all shipments should simply be delivered to our receiving department here. I will transmit the docking codes and manifest information to send. Feel free to do the same for any locations you wish to have supplies delivered to."

For the most part, Isley did his best to keep things short, sweet, and simple. There was no point in making complex documents, for basic language got the job done at a much quicker pace; and cost a lot less. In fact, it only took Seraphina a few moments to review the contract before the venture was met with full and final approval.

"Vulpter would be the best place to ship the hyperdrives, so I will be transmitting the docking codes and other essentials for that world." He said, before transmitting said data immediately. With that, the business had been concluded; and now there was another matter that Isley wanted to bring up. As the United Clans were now allies with the Republic, exchanges in information to keep each nation thoroughly equipped would be smiled upon. With that in mind, the Mandalorian steepled his fingers and proceeded.

"Now that the business is concluded, I have a matter to run by you. You are a member of the Jedi Order, and I just so happen to have a collection of Force-related knowledge in the form of Datacrons. As our nations are now allies, perhaps some form of knowledge exchange can be made? The datacrons I possess deal primarily with the darker spectrum of the Force, but I do believe that your Order could use this information to better understand and combat our mutual foe. Is this something that you would be interested in pursuing?"

"Vulpter it is then."

Sera confirmed the information that [member="Isley Verd"] sent over via the HoloNet, acknowledging that she had received the information, before he continued on the second matter for which he had contacted her. She listened to him speak about a collection of datacrons that were either stolen from the Sith, or simply imparted with knowledge of the Force, specifically the dark side. She wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, but it had peaked her interest for sure.

"Well. You have my interest. Though I have a couple of questions myself. What sort of datacrons are you referring to? Are these specifically datacrons stolen from the Sith? Or just a collection of darkside knowledge that has circulated through Mandalore? While my opinion of the matter is not exactly important, given that I cannot speak on behalf of the order as I am not a member of the Jedi Council, I do still have interest in what exactly is contained within these datacrons. Perhaps I can pass along the message as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom