Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Allegiance II-class Heavy Star Destroyer

Image:
38_2.jpg

FORE
58.jpg
AFT
52.jpg

50.jpg
Top/Bottom
top.jpg

bottom.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Image Credit: Star Wars, Fractalsponge
Intent: To make a pewpew Star Destroyer based on a canon design.
Canon Link: Allegiance II
Non-Canon Link: Victory III Star Destroyer

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Imperial State Hypernautics
Model: Allegiance II-class Heavy Star Destroyer
Affiliation: Closed Market
Modularity: None
Production: Limited
Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Heavy Star Destroyer
Role: Assault Ship
Length: 2,200 meters
Power Core Generator:
  • Primary Hypermatter Reactor
  • Secondary Hypermatter Reactor Banks
  • Reserve Capacitors
Minimum Crew: 2,000
Optimal Crew: 10,000
Passenger Capacity: 5,000 Stormtroopers
Cargo Capacity: 14,000 tons
Consumables: 4 Years
Hyperdrive Rating: Average 1 (Class 15 Backup)
Hangar: None (Docking available for 1x Corvette or 1 Squadron of Shuttles)
Sublight Speed: Average
Maneuverability: Low
Defense: Very High
Armament: Very High

ARMAMENT
  • 12x Quad Heavy Imperator Turbolaser Turrets (768)
  • 6x Triple Heavy, Heavy, Repeating Ion Cannon Ball Turrets (144)
  • 3x Light Particle Beam Cannon Ball Turrets (150)
  • 100x Light, Repeating Turbolaser Batteries on Fast Mounts (400)
  • No Point Defense Batteries
NON-COMBAT ATTACHMENTS
Standard Communications Array
Standard Sensor Array
Ionization, Webbing, and Interdiction Protection
Propulsion and Maneuvering Systems
STRENGTHS
  • x
  • x
  • x
WEAKNESSES
  • x
  • x
  • x
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • x
  • x
  • x
DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES

X

Turret Placement
h32JCvH.jpg

1x Quad Turbolaser Turret (Dorsal)
2x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Axial Prow)
14x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Aft)
15x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Dorsal Port)
7x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Axial Port)
15x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Dorsal Starboard)
7x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Axial Starboard)
]9x Quad Turbolaser Turrets (Ventral; near hanger)

Fire Patterns
Assault Pattern
4Fra8Y9.jpg

The Allegiance's Maximum forward firepower consists of all 12 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets, all Ion Cannon Turrets, and 29 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets. While utilizing this fire pattern, 13 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets can be directed to both the port and starboard side and 14 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets can be directed to the Aft.

Fore: 1,250 points
Port: 208 points
Starboard: 208 points
Aft: 224 points
Broadside Pattern
hj53a5T.jpg

The maximum broadside potential for the Allegiance is typically 6 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets, 3 Heavy Ion Cannon Turrets, and 24 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets. While utilizing this fire pattern, 7 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets and 3 Heavy Long Range Ion Cannon Turrets can be directed to the fore and 14 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets can be directed to the aft.

Fore: 142 points
Port: 780 points
Starboard: 780 points
Aft: 224 points
Broadside Assault Pattern
ptozZJm.jpg

Utilized when transitioning between an Assault and a Broadside pattern, or when the Allegiance crew cannot manage to maneuver the ship for a more optimal fire pattern, the Broadside Assault Fire Pattern allows the ship to bring 6 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets, 3 Heavy Ion Cannon Turrets, 3 Heavy Long Range Ion Cannon Turrets, and 18 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets to bare on a target in the forward arc. At the same time, the pattern allows for a heavy broadside on the Port or Starboard arc that consists of 6 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets, 3 Heavy Ion Cannon Turrets, and 26 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets. On the opposing side of the ship, 13 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets cover the flank and 12 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets cover the aft.

Fore: 696 points
Port: 794 points
Starboard: 208 points
Aft: 192 points
Additional
The ship's maximum aft-facing complement would be 10 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets and 20 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets.

For Maximum firepower, the Allegiance can dip its bow down below the standard combat plane to bring its full dorsal complement to bare on a target. This turns the Allegiance into a rather large target, but allows all 12 Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Turrets, all Ion Cannon Turrets, and 45 Light Imperator Turbolaser Turrets to be brought to bare on a target.

DESCRIPTION

xxxx

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
I'm not tracking on the math with the Light Imperator Batteries.
17x4x8=544

'Light' as best I can recall is a 1-for-1 trade. Unless they're fast mount, in which case you forgot to mention as much. Way I see it, you could double it, or increase it somewhat and add in some point defense.

Also I feel the need to add that you undersold HVC's on your post on the Imperator Turbolaser. The basic weapon was supposed to be significantly more powerful than and longer range than a Turbolaser to begin with. I don't blame you, since it's a general problem around the forum, exacerbated by the sub's of slow-firing railguns that don't really fit the canon description.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
I'm not tracking on the math with the Light Imperator Batteries.
17x4x8=544

'Light' as best I can recall is a 1-for-1 trade. Unless they're fast mount, in which case you forgot to mention as much. Way I see it, you could double it, or increase it somewhat and add in some point defense.
"Light" weapons are half as powerful as the standard variants.

1x Imperator Turbolaser = 8x Turbolasers
1x Light Imperator Turbolaser = 4x Turbolasers

Quad Turbolaser Battery = 1 Turbolaser x 4 Barrels x 4 Turrets = 16 weapons total

Quad Light Imperator Turbolaser Battery = 4 x 4 x 4 = 64 (per battery)

64 x 17 Batteries = 1088

One of the two armament options puts the ship at 1,874 Capital Ship Weapons, while the other puts it in at 1,462. And instead of having "anti missile" and "anit starfighter" point defense weapons, it has "anti Corvette" and "anti Light Freighter' Turbolasers... be it the Fast Mounted Turbolasers or Light Imperator Turbolasers. Either way, that's a lot of capital ship weapons for a 2,200 meter warship. The old maximum for a 2,000 meter long warship was 900 capital weapons. Even the more recent ISD III, at 1,600 meters long, clocks in at only 1,020 capital weapons.

Let's look at that...

11x ISD III's comes out to 17,600 meters in fleet length, 11,220 Capital Weapons, and 66 Starfighter Squadrons.
8x Allegiance II's comes out to 17,600 meters and either 11,696 or 14,992 Capital Weapons.

No Starfighter Squadrons, but an impressive increase in durability over the ISD III and a massive increase in overall firepower.

Why the massive increase in overall firepower?

Long Range Turbolasers are 2x Modifiers for Damage and 3x Modifiers for Range. Meaning that of the 570 points dedicated to Long Range Turbolasers on the ISD III, only 228 of that counts towards actual damage potential. So the actual damage output of the ISD III is only 678 Capital Weapons and 11 of them comes out at 7,458 capital weapons. So that's half-again or 2x the firepower of eleven ISDIII's with eight Allegiance II's.

The Imperator Turbolaser does the same damage per shot of a Heavy Long Range Turbolaser, but without wasting the 6x Modifiers for range. Instead, it dumps a 2x modifier into doubling its rate of fire.

So. Imperator Turbolasers are worth 8 capital weapons and Heavy, Long Range Turbolasers are worth 10 capital weapons, but the Imperator Turbolaser does twice the overall damage thanks to its superior rate of fire.

Cyrus Tregessar said:
Also I feel the need to add that you undersold HVC's on your post on the Imperator Turbolaser. The basic weapon was supposed to be significantly more powerful than and longer range than a Turbolaser to begin with. I don't blame you, since it's a general problem around the forum, exacerbated by the sub's of slow-firing railguns that don't really fit the canon description.

Hypervelocity Cannons are valued at 10x Capital Weapons, same as HLR Turbolasers and HLR Mass Drivers.
The Hypervelocity Cannon is generally valued as being slightly better than the HLR Mass Driver, but being functionally identical.

As stated above, the modifier for Long Range Weaponry is 2x Damage plus 3x Range. A Heavy modifier doubles each of those values.
4x Damage and 6x Range.
So HLR Turbolasers and HLR Mass Drivers do four times the damage of a Turbolaser or Mass Driver, but from much, much farther away. Generally 2x-4x the maximum range of a Turbolaser.

Hypervelocity Cannons stopped being all-powerful, unique weapons as soon as Ayden started strapping Heavy and Long Range modifiers onto them.
Hypervelocity Cannons are viewed as 4x Damage and 6x Range.
Heavy, Long Range, Hypervelocity Cannons are... odd. And you can blame Ayden for them existing.
But you have Long Range (2x Damage + 3x Range), and Heavy (2x Damage) being added to a weapon with 4 Damage and 6x Range.

Depending on how you add the numbers, that's either a damage potential of 16 or a damage potential of 40. (we usually view it as 40)
Popo and I were debating it when the first HLR HVC was put into production. As a joke, he made the Umi Ganzu Turbolaser Cannon. With the firepower of 15x a standard turbolaser and no modifiers for range, the joke was that a single or double variant of that gun could do just as much damage as a HLRHVC, but without the range modifiers or horrible tracking speeds at close range.

At best, you could sub a unique variant of the Hypervelocity Cannon that uses a 6x Modifier for Damage and a 4x Modifier for Range. "Half again the damage output of a traditional Heavy, Long Range Mass Driver, but with an optimal range that is only 2/3rds the optimal range of a HLR Mass Driver."

Which would improve the damage output of the weapon and still allow you to out-range traditional weaponry...
But you'd still be looking at spending 10 points of Capital Weaponry on a gun that would do less overall damage than 8 standard capital weapons.

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
Ah, I didn't catch the 'batteries' modifier, that's mostly gone out of use. 64 Quad Turrets makes a lot more sense for the size, though.

And I hear ya on HVC's, I think part of it as well is people RP them wrong. They're a bit more than just oversized mass drivers. They're oversized mass drivers that presumably fire at a higher velocity, and do it at 2 rounds a second for a solid minute. That might not seem super impressive compared to a modern chaingun or CIWS or something, but for a full size Naval Gun it's pretty damn impressive (and considered 'super rapid fire'). Here's a video example. (For what it's worth, that's one of the most wide-spread naval guns in use in the world).

Get four of those firing in sequence and you have an unceasing barrage onto an enemy ship, with each round having somewhere near the relative power of the 16-inch main battery of a battleship (which could only fire every other minute or so).

Alas that so few read into the details of weaponry, but I don't really blame them, this shit is boring as all hell if you aren't fascinated by it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom