Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ain't no Party Like a Kiffu Party [Kiffar]

Kiffu
conceptart-coruscant4.jpg

Royal Palace and Courtyards

The planet of the outermost section of the Inner Rim was gathered tonight. The electrical storm that had ravaged the two planets for over a month had died down, as predicted, just in time for this festival. Sparks of electricity flickered throughout the atmosphere like tiny rings of fireworks, popping and flickering sporadically against the darkness.

The ignition of the sky ignited the blonde's features as she looked out at it, both hands embracing the railing made of sandstone before she turned her back on the night, and entered into the cavernous room where most were gathered.

The relationship between The Republic and The Protectorate had been mended, thanks to the initiative of Jedi Master Tefka meeting with Ayden Cater. For a while, Kiskla had been nervous about her alignment. For someone who always acted with such resolve, she fretted she'd have to choose alignment; as long as the two factions were on agreeable terms, she could continue her transition between the two. Albeit, only one in the galaxy knew she was both a Jedi Councillor and Sheyf of Kiffu. And he was as trustworthy as they came; her worries were unfounded as of yet. Still, she kept her identity as Kiskla Freya, Princess of Kiffu and second-in command to the Guardian Army a secret.

That being said, it was only in the L-14 system that she released her hold on The Art of the Small and allowed her dark Qukuuf's to show. The dark veil that covered her eyes traced back to her great great great (etcetera) grandmother's mysterious disposition. This demeanour had been passed down right to Kiskla, who was the epitome of enigmatic. The rest of her tattoos were spread out on her fingers, communicating her bloodline's ability with hand-to-hand combat; and for getting their hands into everything. These were the tattoos of the Royal Kiffar family as of late -- when the Freya clan had been elected four years ago, Kiskla had been shocked to her core. Her father had never been one to look out for anyone but himself; and this attitude prevailed in his rule of this warrior planet.
Not to say that Kiskla herself wasn't selfish in her own rights. This event itself was for herself to gauge the alignment of many of her people, and see how best to manipulate them for her own advances. She was a master of the mental, as well as the physical. Heck, she'd trained half the Guardian army in melee combat and had plans to further that training during her time on the planet.

Traditionally speaking, Kiskla sat back in her rather uncomfortable throne. Or, she supposed it was a throne. It was really just a big chair that was more structured than those that lined the perimeter. There were already many bodies in the room, adding to the natural amount of heat that the palace held. Faces stained with green, red, black, yellow, and other hues all engaged in various conversations of camaraderie. This was an annual event on Kiffu, where different clans congregated for a massive reunion; it was also the only time the palace, one of the more advanced building on the savage planet, was open to its people.
Not everyone came, that was granted. The Kiffar were spread out throughout the galaxy, with different alliances, with different goals, everything about them was varied. Everything but their heritage.

Even Kiskla, looking at her one wouldn't even peg her as a bloodborn Kiffar. But she was, despite her fair features and slight figure. Appearance-wise, she'd taken on her mother's genetics; but personality wise? She had the heart that was akin to every other warrior on this planet. It just meant she could look better in a dress than some of the other big-boned females that were bred to intimidate. Her light gaze shifted beneath the tattooed veil to look at the stature of an intimidating looking, tanned man. Her father, and the Sheyf of Kiffu - General of the Guardians. Grey was beginning to pepper his shortly cut hair and his dark eyes were finally beginning to look tired. This sort of festival was not his thing, she could feel his tenseness as tangibly as if she reached out and touched him. His entire life he'd been conditioned to defend himself, to fight, hunt and kill; to only look out for himself. Being in a crowd like this had too many variables, too many threats.
Being a catalyst for comfort, the blonde rose from her seat and crossed to where her father and his primary advisor stood.

"Do try and mingle." The Jedi Master spoke, her tone hushed but her accent still thick "It'll put an ease on the entire evening." He stiffened at her suggestion, affording her only a grunt of dismissal. Their ruling styles were obviously parallel.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Warren Valik was governed by a less patient puppet master than was originally assumed, and this lack of patience lead to Valik's arrival at the party sooner rather than later. He kept his face, wore a decent suit and a bowtie, though he had forgotten to shave that morning though he wasn't completely 'clean'. Valik, though a Kiffar by birth, had never spent any extensive time on Kiffu, being raised as a Sith more than anything. He enjoyed the rare gift of psychometry bestowed to an evolved few of his people, but otherwise it affected his life little. Until now. Valik was being hunted, and while he knew not who he knew that he covered his tracks well, paranoid scientist that he was. That meant that his hunter had to be very, very good, unnaturally good even, which likely meant Psychometry. It wasn't a talent exclusive to the Kiffar, but it was most commonly theirs, which meant this hub of a party was likely his best bet for finding his hunter, or at least information regarding it.

Making sure his Force Disperser was on his person, in the form of a small necklace kept between his undershirt and shirt, he entered the party and began fishing around for information. Sadly he found little pertaining to his orange armored assassin, but did find some rather nice punch and hors d'oeuvres. The King of Kiffu at least knew how to entertain his guests. Looking around however he found little interest, with information scarce he had little interest in these people's lives, emotions, heritage. It didn't matter where you came, but rather how far you climbed yourself. Genetics were a nice thing to have, but for those with the talent genetics were fairly fluid, their paths alterable if one knew how and where to touch them.

Music played and people enjoyed themselves, but Valik was still looking for that which he couldn't find, information. He decided that perhaps the best option was to go straight to the top. So, he took a glass of wine and headed up, to the ornate center of the room, at least culturally speaking. A guard attempted to move to block his path but a subtle move of Valik's finger and an application of the Force told him that Valik wasn't worth the trouble, so he marched up to the throne, before speaking to the black dressed Princess of his homeworld.

"Excuse, Princess Kiskla, could I perhaps interest you in a drink, and a dance?" He asked as he kept his eyes up but his head a bit lower, in a respectful bow.

@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]

There were many discussions and idle chatter running through the air. Chieftans who hadn't seen each other in years were congregating and sharing stories, as well as their kin getting together to chat about certain training rituals and other conversations.
People were still filing in, and she could feel the intermixing of affiliations already -- it was remarkeable how widespread the Kiffar had become throughout the galaxy, but when the invitation was sent, they would return home. It was like Christmas for Kiffu!

Kiskla was just about to turn back to join the mingling when she felt a slight prick of persuasion in the air. It wasn't a direct noticing of any sort of Force use, and pinpointing where it came from was frustratingly impossible, but she did notice some sort of pulsation in the natural ebb and flow of The Force. However, she didn't have time to consider it when a voice interrupted her considerations. She turned to meet the gentleman, vaguely surprised by his lack of tattoos -- then again, not all Kiffar had ones as obnoxious as her own Quuukufs.

"You could, but I'd be far more interested in your name." The young woman replied, politely enough. Dancing would be awkward, as it was still early in the evening and Kiskla wasn't sure if she was any good at it. She'd only waltzed once with her late Master on Chandrila, and he'd lead the entire way. "Thank you for coming this evening."

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik smiled a little at the woman's gentle redirect. "Conversation is a dance in it's own I suppose." He said as he laid the glass of wine on the armrests of the lady's chair, allowing her discretion in what to do with it but still leaving it there. "Name is Warren Vos, leading scientist in software analysis in the Fringe." He said, which was true, apart from the last name. He was the Fringe's leading scientist in most subjects, whether the names were truly his or not. "And don't let Professor Hiram tell you different, he's years behind me, poor fool." He said, though he couldn't remember if it was Hiram or Harlem that was his opposition. He doubted she'd know the difference offhand, but it was a lead she might be able to follow later if he proved suspicious.

"Oh no, thank you." He said as she thanked him for coming to the party. "I've not had the pleasure of visiting Kiffu as my parents passed before they could take me and things just became difficult after that. Gives me a chance to calm down after putting a lot of work into the Rave Merrill Campaign, and a chance to explore my heritage. I might have to get a Quukuf before I leave. I'm not as intact with my culture as I'd wish to be, would the process be allowed to be done for one my age?

The Guardian general quirked a brow at his poetic sentence regarding dancing and sentence structures. He then introduced himself without missing a beat and informed her of his position within The Fringe. For a moment, she was worried he'd recognize her as Kiskla Grayson rather than Sheyf Freya.

He didn't.

But she really needed to get a mask. Perhaps @[member="Valik"] could help her develop one, as one of her subjects by extension. As a scientist he would have those connections Kiskla was otherwise deaf to.

He also came prepared; there was suddenly wine within her reach. Humph, she preferred champagne.

Didn't matter, because a lightly marked servant stepped in and took a sip of the liquid, before transferring it to another glass for her. He deemed it safe for the princess and returned it to the arm rest.
Kiskla hated that ritual, as she could easily use Art of the Small to eradicate any poisons but it was a tradition. And the Kiffar were nothing if not traditionalists.

"I feel that's a common occurrence with many of us." Kiskla commented, running her finger around the rim of her glass. Even herself had been somewhat distance from her heritage until two years ago when she resumed her position full time. Then she was off again with The Republic, where they were blind to her political prowess and alignment. "And I'm sorry for your loss." Kiskla had also lost her mother.

She was looking at the liquid when she decided to stand and side with the scientist. She was of royalty but she didn't like to throw her weight around in casual situations; only in verbal wars and when she could really dominate.

"Well I won't ask how old you are," the young woman smirked. She hadn't sipped her wine yet, but now she did, letting it slip over her palet. Rave Merill hm? She'd won the elections by a fair amount, Kiskla knew this because she'd monitored them. "Of course."

"But it's similar to if you were a baby. The Vos clan however," she paused, glancing over at him "It's remarkable you haven't been tattooed yet. From what I understand your bloodline is very proud of their lineage, rightfully so, and mark their children right away."

A child ran by underfoot, being chased by a companion and calling out some sort of faux war cry in native tongue.

"Nevertheless, the process is the same for all ages, although you may be a little more sensitive now." She chuckled - "You should meet with your relatives to understand the meaning behind your quukufs and then meet with your tribe's painter." The Vos clan had a tattoo near as obnoxious as hers, as they too had a strip across their faces.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik took note as a servant took a small sip of the wine before pouring in another glass for the princess. Precautions and all that. He understood them, but it was a bit annoying. If he wanted to kill the woman he wouldn't have done it by giving her a drink in person. Far too trackable, even if he used a middle man. Then again, people were stupid, so he supposed someone else might have tried such a method. She stood up out of her chair, much to the surprise of the servants and guardsmen around her, but they stayed their place, for now, though he had the feeling he had attracted the eyes of a few security-men. Nothing he couldn't handle, but he preferred to make as little 'noise' as he could.

"I may have overplayed how long I had with my parents a bit." Valik admitted a little guiltily, at her mention of the Vos clan applying their tattoos at birth. In truth they were killed shortly after he was born, before Valik was sent into the orphanages and schools of the Sith. Sadly, the story made for poor smalltalk and would likely put her off a bit, and he was hesitant of divulging his past with the Empire in Omegan territory in the first place. "But it's not truly that bad. You can't miss what you never had, though I appreciate your condolences." He said, before realizing that his history, at least a bit of it, could perhaps help him in this situation. "I've been told my parents were Jedi, killed in the line of duty, so I suppose they were the Galaxy a better place for me before they left." He said, before pausing a moment, his mind apparently wandering but Valik actually timing his words, waiting for them to sink into the Princess before going forward. "You haven't happened to meet any Kiffar Jedi have you? I believe I met one not long ago, and I'm rather interested in finding her."

"I meet a lot of people, Warren." Kiskla replied, taking a sip of her wine while affording @[member="Valik"] a glance. She didn't doubt that many people would approach her tonight with selfish pursuits, but she would reschedule all of them. After all, she was only twenty and far too young to be fighting as many people as she was; a party was well warranted! "Whether or not they choose to disclose that they're Jedi or not, or what affiliation they are is up to them. If you met a young woman and she didn't leave her digits with you then," Kiskla's grin never faltered at his misfortune "I'm afraid I likely can't help you."

She did, however, have the ability to assist. She had the ability to reach out to Kiffar across the galaxy through a database that was recorded from birth. But she didn't want to abuse it on a stranger's whim.
"In which context did you meet? You're not chasing after a blind date, are you?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik laughed at the mention of 'blind date'. "No, she uhh-tempted to kill me." He said, deciding to just go with it. His identity wasn't true, for now, and he was in Omega Pyre territory. He could say it freely, at least in the company of one person. "Attacked me on a space station around what used to be Atrisian territory. If it wasn't for the untimely arrival of local authorities I'd probably be dead or frozen in carbonite." He said, his face in a serious tone. "I've attempted to look around for information about my assailant but have been unsuccesful thusfar." He said, before thinking for a moment.

"You know what, I apologize. I shouldn't have sprung that on you your highness. I didn't mean to bring such weight to the conversation, I've just been a bit on edge lately. Would you like me to get you another glass of wine or champagne?"

Kiskla's façade betrayed her surprise. A Jedi had attempted to attack and kill a scientist? Of course, this was one side of the story and it likely hadn't stemmed from an unprovoked reason; but Kiskla couldn't give both involved the benefit of the doubt.

"I'm surprised the local authorities didn't catch their information, considering their intervention. They should have such things recorded." On Kiffex, they recorded every coming and going criminal. "Although, unless my understanding betrays me, I thought The Jedi were knights of defence only." Her knowledge didn't betray her. She was a Master and unless she was provoked, she didn't exercise her mastery of The Force; except maybe that time on Katarr -- but they'd wanted her blood. "I'm sure there are both sides to The Story." She shook her head, slightly dismayed "It's not uncommon for our race to draw arms against one another. Maybe one day that common thread will be thick enough to make warriors think twice."

She stopped walking, at the perimeter of the crowds. Guardians still lingered about, and she didn't doubt that she wouldn't shake them; they had been trained by Kiskla herself and they were excellent at what they did. They even made her feel safe (not that she ever felt threatened, she had a severe disconnect with reality). "I don't blame you," Kiskla commented, tilting the rim of her glass in his direction "I too would feel uneasy if I were attacked on a random space station." No she wouldn't. She'd almost come to expect it.

"Thank you though, but I've got to keep up appearances I'm afraid." She tittered politely, keeping the conversation alive while looking over his shoulder "Though it is getting busier in here, and the band sounds like they've found their groove. I could oblige to that dance now, Warren." She used his name as a fact that he'd given her the information she'd sought, and initially used to turn down his request -- even if it wasn't true.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik, a bit surprised at her changed of heart, smiled a bit at the woman's acceptance of taking a dance. She could have dismissed him fairly easily, but opted instead to continue relations. She had some sort of interest in his stories, whether it was was he said or what he didn't. Or perhaps she was merely entranced by his vibrant personality, though Valik highly doubted it. To her Valik was a scientist who'd been attacked for reasons unknown, and while Valik thought rather highly of such things he doubted that was in what would be called the 'range' of the princess.

"Excellent." He said, before softly taking a hand and leading her to the dance floor. Once on the floor he'd have attempted to get into proper frame, his left hand in the air meeting her right while his right would be put firmly on her shoulder blade, provided everything went according to plan. From there, once the music started he'd begin doing a few simple progressions, forward-side-side, forward-side-side and so forth. You didn't start into the heavy stuff without knowing your partner of course.

"So, I'm impressed that you've not asked why I was attacked, thank you for that." He said as they traveled through the Line of Dance, or the Circle of Doom as some referred to it. "But if I may, tell me more about yourself. What all does princesshood entail?"

Suddenly Kiskla remembered why she hated dancing, and why she was so bad at it. She hated subjection and not taking the lead.
Still, she bit her cheeks when @[member="Valik"] placed his hands and didn't refute it. Her dress also didn't allow much movement, so she followed his steps with as much delicacy as she could muster. But in reality, nobody expected a Guardian Princess to be delicate.

"I did, actually." Kiskla replied pointedly, as they stepped past others on the floor. "I suggested that there were two sides to the story." Her eyes were levelled beyond his, looking over his shoulder as she spoke with her typical mind games. Kiskla rarely asked something directly, she was an extremely suggestive person; as she never answered anything directly. If he were more in touch with his history, he would know that of the Freya clan; their tattoos even suggested mystery according to the veil across their eyes. She sparred with her words better than with her blades. And considering she was no slouch with her weapons, that was saying something. Or was it? Dun dun dunnnn.

"You chose not to divulge, and I'll respect your privacy as much as you respect mine when I say royal duties don't expand much beyond the speculated." Her body was tense to the touch, but that was to be anticipated. Even if she weren't a Jedi, the Sheyfs of Kiffu were Guardians; trained warriors in a heritage to react. "You're a smart man, so I'm sure you're aware of the politics behind positions. Especially with The Fringe and Protectorate on their unfortunate terms as of now." There was a bigger step coming up in the line, apparently, as she saw some of the other persons on the dance floor twist with a deeper swoop. Maybe he'd follow along -- if he didn't, she had no issues shifting her weight and hold to suggest he did.

"How is The Fringe these days anyways? Hopefully not pending their retaliation on Kiffu as punishment for Omega's out lash ." It was unlikely, considering Kiffu and Kiffex held little merit in the grand scheme of things other than the lightning harvests and Kiffex prisons. Plus, their Guardian army.
Okay, maybe they had some resources. Resources she hoped this fellow Kiffar native would hold dear should the suggestion to invade Kiffu ever come up -- perhaps that's just what she was suggesting. And here she was, her typical moody self. She could be a party-minded individual in one instant, and the next exerting her political prowess. Usually, she'd be more tactful, but this was kind of her space so.
YOLO.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"With respect milady, there is a difference in suggesting a possibility than asking an explanation." He said as the woman referred to some of her earlier statements. "Though I suppose if you do wish to wish to know there's little harm in telling you." He replied before angling his step forward and to the right, then stepping back to his left, ultimately going forward and avoiding those in front of him. Though he wasn't sure what a twist or a swoop was without further descriptions, he figured an advanced basic would allow him the floorcraft to get through untouched.

"If I am correct Kiffu shouldn't be touched, though I am not always correct." He admitted, as he continued weaving through the line of dance with progressives, advanced progressives, and the occasional twinkle, a sort of promenade before heading forward. "I doubt the Fringe will go into a dedicated war with the Protectorate so soon after the Republic invaded O'reen. We may have a non-aggression pact now, but they've broken two of those before, and most would prefer not get caught in a three-way affair." He said, speaking in a tone that was mostly factual, leaving any scorn for the Republic at home. "But, if the Protectorate and the Fringe were to go to an all out war, the road would be concentrated on Fondor, then perhaps Corellia." He said, and though he was on no war councils there was truth to his words. Fondor was the Capital of the Protectorate, and one it's biggest shipyards. Corellia was but a hop and a skip away from Lujo, or a conquered Fondor, and was their only other shipyard comparable to Fondor. If those two planets fell all hope of beating the Fringe in naval combat would be sunk, and the war would be over before it started. Kiffu had no such implications, only a proud people who could give a tougher fight than their planet was worth.

"Though my word does not count for much, I will do what I can to keep our people uninvolved Milady." He said, not missing the other implications of her question. "So, would you prefer the boring story of why I was attacked by a Jedi now, later, or not at all?" He asked, giving her the lead on where their mouths went. After all, twas only fair when he lead on the feet.

She was keenly aware of The Republic's overconfidence. Two broken treaties was an embarrassing track record when they'd had to crawl on their hands and knees to get this current one. She'd been there; she knew. As much confidence as Master Dragonsflame boasted about ending the war he'd almost not done it due to his irrefutable ignorance. Ashin Varanin was a protector of her people, and wasn't easily swayed-- especially not with drinks as had been so childishly suggested.
It had been a little embarrassing.

And it was good to hear @[member="Valik"] express that The Fringe had little interest in Kiffu. She hasn't anticipated they would, but the interest of her people was often in the foremost of her mind. Which was why when The Republic liberated, she didn't take steps to be in the forefront. She was an effective fighter, but not the glory hound she had been in her knighthood. Ultimately, these days she was going to consider leveraging her position within The Protectorate, and her contacts within The Fringe to establish some sort of agreement. That would make them somewhat on good terms with both The Republic and CIS by allied extension.

"You've commented on your occasion twice now, and it seemed to be the primary motivator for an audience with me." Her words seemed harsh, but if he were to look at her, the young princess' expression was pleasant. "To say I'm not curious would be a lie." And an outstanding understatement--- despite being enigmatic and witty, her curiosity was her foremost known trait.

"No time like the present."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
(If you feel Kiskla would interrupt him sometime in the middle of this feel free to hit me up and I'll edit)

It was interesting, the way her words were crafted to follow or contrast what she wished to say. He had known from the beginning she had known more than she let, after all ditzy princesses were often a myth, with royal resources often offering the best of educations. Provided there weren't odd variables like a culture where women were seen as unfit to be educated, but that wasn't the case, at least today.

"I apologize for that, it's nothing personal. It's my reason on being on Kiffu at all. If it helps you've been the most interesting conversation I've had thusfar." He said, before a man from the side rudely tried to tried a promenade and go infront of him. Valik, not one likening to run into someone with his partner, took right foot and headed backwards, hopefully pulling Kiskla with him. From there he would raise his left hand and gently push on her shoulder blade with his right, sending her out for a long and slow spin, before meeting her some five paces later.

"I told you how my parents were Jedi yes? Well, they were on a mission some twenty five years ago and were captured by the Sith. My father was executed, but my mother was kept around another five months before she went into labor, after which she joined him. Apparently the Force is strong in bloodlines, so the Sith used them to get a free and impressionable child with the Force." He, purely factual as he returned to hopefully meet Kiskla at the end of her spin. He had never known his parents so it didn't bother him, and he wasn't after the princess's pity, just giving her a background. While he was going to tell her everything he felt starting with I'm what many call a Sith Lord. was not the way to go.

"I served in the Sith for years, as a scientist and an alchemist. Very, very rarely as a soldier. Pitched combat is not my thing, but you learn a thing or two when all of society is out to prove it's better than one another through murder." He said as he continued forward with simple progressives, no one to impede their motion this time. "I left for what was called the Galactic Empire a while back, lead by the Red Queen on Bastion. A lot more order rather than chaos. Oddly enough however, the empire broke up in a few months, and I ended up wandering the galaxy before I went to the Fringe, lead by an old friend." He said, referring to Ashin Varanin, former Empress of the Sith. Things were somewhat odd though now, with her recent lighted attitude. He'd wager she'd let him go as long as he didn't attack her or the Fringe, or Force forbid Spencer Jacobs, but he as unwilling to learn or test any of that. Varanin was one of the few in the galaxy he feared for their mind as well as their might, and one of the few who realized how predictable Valik really was. A danger he was not willing to cross.

"I make my living as a scientist of various arts, primarily building weapons just due to experience and interest. For example I told you I dealt in software and worked in the Merrill Campaign? Though I didn't publicly support her I created a virus that infected about 90% of the Fringe's holoterminals and would block propaganda from other participants. My primary field however, is Sith Alchemy, swords and the like. Some call me a Sith Lord for my expertise in it, and while I'm one of the best in the galaxy at what I do, I'm not running around committing acts of genocide or mass murder for the hell of it. Serves no purpose really." He continued, again factual in tone. 'Swords and the like' was in no way indicative of his true talents, but it gave her an idea without getting him offtrack. He could go on all day about his inventions with and without alchemy, Valik was a vain and prideful man in many ways, but now was not the time.

"However, I did dust off my saber and get to work for O'reen. The Fringe accepted me despite my past, and that's more than enough to fight for. While I was there I spotted, only briefly, a young woman with crimson hair, an obvious Jedi Master considering how she handled herself against my old friend. In any case, at the battle's conclusion I went home, before heading to a former Atrisian space station to observe their defense capabilities, see what we could integrate to improve their defense and see if they had anything we could do improve ours. While I was there a woman attacked clad in orange and silver armor, with a violet saber and a stun gun. I fended her off for a little while, but she used some sort of technique I could only refer to as a Light from the Force, and it overwhelmed me, afterwhich time I was saved by a large quantity of policeman shooting at what appeared to be a tired bounty hunter." He said, as stepped to his right and slightly angled his right hand on her shoulder blade, turning her direction from facing him to slightly facing the side, and prompting a few steps to the left.

"Here's the kicker though. Some Kiffar who can touch the Force have an ability of sorts, that allows you to read the history of an object when touching it. I managed to touch the bounty hunter's armor, and I saw the same red haired Jedi at Oreen put it on. I'd wager it's also how she tracked me down, as I'm careful out of scientific necessity, and more than a little bit of paranoia the Sith would hunt me down after I left them." He finished, before thinking a moment. He might have seemed awfully crazy to one without the Force, seeing the history of objects and all, but he'd wager Kiskla would know what he was talking about as Princess of their people. "I mean, I suppose I might have made a gun, or a grenade, or a blade that killed her family, or her friends, but aside being a better weapons dealer than Blastech I've no idea how I could have provoked the woman, other than being who I am and what I've been."

So it was official. Kiskla was going to decline every offer to dance after this, this whole being led thing versus taking the lead was really grinding her gears; no matter the seamless transitions of her partner.

Dance and discussion was a curious thing. Here he was, telling her his story with really no knowledge of her true affiliation. Or at least, he knew her true first name but not the name she used in her position as a Jedi Master. A Sith Lord. Hm.

Immediately though, she knew who @[member="Valik"] was referring to. She kept her stoic and indifferent expression with every step; a practiced queen of cool. She knew Master Moridena had retired from her time with The Republic and High Council to dedicate her time to miscellaneous affairs; Sith hunting it appeared. His last sentence cut her though, and thankfully someone demanded her nod of attention so he couldn't see her betraying grimace. Who he was, or what he'd been? This was a conversation that surely had some interest.

Speaking of interest, was this song almost over? It was taking what felt like an eternity. No offence meant, it just wasn't her element and she had woefully forgotten that. Beneath her painted veil, her light eyes flashed in the direction of the band before finally speaking after Warren's unassuming divulgence.

"The Guardians could always use stronger weapons and more intelligent designs." Kiskla said matter-of-factly. In her opinion, they should be using lightning in more of their weapons, considering it was a bountiful asset harvested by the sister planets. And she was familiar with BlastTech. She'd met it's stuttering stallion CEO. That was a comment to the first part of his story; his background. And, she didn't feel the slightest bit heartless. She was empathetic to deceased parents, but it seemed everyone had lost someone dear in this day and age that she'd grown desensitized.

And of course she knew what Psychometery was! Freya blood was thick with it, it's what had made her father such an adept hunter and tracker in his prime; despite his abhorrent attitude toward The Force and it's users.

She knew who led The Fringe. She'd met Ashin originally as O'-- something or other and had saved her and Darron from an ambush led by the former Emperor Zambrano. Master Varanin had then informally reached out to her to share her Jedi Knight story. It had contributed to Kiskla's own conscience, and had fuelled her to reach out to members of The Vagrant fleet; most helpful individuals.

Warren was very talkative. Atrisia and The Fringe appeared to be in a mutually beneficial relationship. If she could patch things up with Omega and Fringe, that would leave only Atrisia not in the extended peace treaty.
Oh, and that One Sith bunch; but she doubted there'd be any sense of reason with those fellows. THAT was the faction Diana should be paying attention to.

"If it's a Jedi," Kiskla started finally after sucking in a breath; as if torn by the dilemma of her extended subjects. "They likely offered you some sort of redemption before attacking, did they not?"
Diana always had in the past; perhaps all that warmonger attack had worn down her mentality. And even if she didn't know who Warren was talking about, it was common practice for Jedi. Supposedly.
Her dear mother had been a peaceful Jedi; Kiskla believed she would have followed such practices.

"Perhaps your reputation of a Sith Lord precedes you. That often does come with the idea of genocide in one's wake." She wasn't being serious. The music reached it's denumont and Kiskla stopped, facing the other Kiffar at a comfortable distance.
"I would like to help you, I would. But I'm afraid I cannot be responsible for an immediate demise between two individuals; you're likely not going to invite this Jedi to tea once you find her."

Unless....

"Who you are and who've you been." Kiskla repeated thoughtfully as the music started up again and she tactfully wandered to the perimeter of the floor so as not to be swallowed up by those light on their feet.

"Are you considering exploring personal paths?"

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"Personal paths?" He said as he let the lady go, and gently took a hand and escorted her off the dance floor. "I work mostly freelance as is. The Fringe give me funding because I share some of my toys, and give good contributions, but more often than not I'm working solo. As for the Sith business, well, I've not the patience to deal with fools nor the desire for revenge, at least the sort that involves physical confrontation. I merely wish the woman's activities brought to light, so the Republic and the Jedi can make a choice on the matter. Decide that hunting the way to go and let us get into a formal war or disown the huntress." He continued. While the thought of the scarlet skulker dead wasn't unappealing, mostly he'd wish her gone. There was business to be done, and he couldn't afford to be watching over his shoulder at every moment.

"To be fair though, she did use a stun blaster. I'm under the impression it was merely a ploy to distract me from her saber, but she might have wanted to talk after she had me in chains. Or she might have wanted me a carbonite trophy. In any case, I'm sure you're a busy lady with far more important things to attend to than me." He said, before backing away a little, with intent to leave the princess to her duties, but stopped for a moment before he left, as if he were forgetting to say something.

"Before I forget, if, by chance, you wish to check over my story I'll leave my saber at security for you to give a lookover. And if you ever want to speak about building something to properly utilize those lightning storms, or anything else for that matter, speak to Ashin. I'm sure she'll be happy to set up an appointment. Enjoy the party Ms. Grayson, I certainly have." He said, before heading off. He hadn't attended the elections to see the holoprojection of Kiskla himself, but he had heard descriptions, and he had the power to hack the security feeds, and the chances of Kiskla and Kiskla being different people were minute, like her supposed presence in the Force. Like the stories of parentless children overused to the point of expectation so too was the ability of 'masters' of the Jedi and Sith to hide their presence at will. He could have been wrong, and he could have been leaving his saber to rot in some royal treasury somewhere, but he'd bet he wasn't, and what was life without taking chances after all?

In any case, Valik was on the move and out the door. He didn't expect the Jedi Master Princess to pursue him, but the chance was there if she wished to utilize it.

Kiskla sighed deeply. She really had to get onboard concealing her identity. She'd been putting it off for too long, and getting her fingers into too many things.
If he knew both her aliases, she might as well put the rest of her cards on the table. With little concentration necessary, she reached out to his presence; still not sensing his power as it was interrupted by the beacon beneath his clothes, but interrupted his physical frequencies with her own. He wouldn't make it to security to leave his weapon with them. The Princess calmly walked after her dance partner, hands behind her back as her mind worked ferociously dissecting the blood that pumped through his veins, the muscles that made up his structure and movement, tendons and the bones; all woven together to give him momentum and movement. Through her personal extension, she made these structures very heavy -- affecting them on a molecular level. As a scientist, he could appreciate that.
It wasn't enough to stop him outright, as that would draw too much attention to the matter, but enough to slow him for her to casually catch up to him without putting her pride in a situation where it could be compromised.
A princess chasing after someone? That wouldn't do!

"If you're enjoying the party, you needn't leave." The young woman spoke calmly, despite her irritation (mostly with herself). "I've a feeling elements will check out, others perhaps not." She released her hold on @[member="Valik"]; it had been obviously communicated that he had intrigued her now beyond storytelling and there was to be more out of it.

"But this whole cross identity will not do. You said you make swords and the like, I'm assuming the like refers to armoury. Perhaps you're just the man to talk to about making something to ensure Freya and Grayson never cross paths again."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
As Valik headed off he felt a Force exerted over his body. A simple telekinetic hold was one thing to break, but this was something else, a much more subtle manipulation. He could feel his blod rushing, forcefully being directed one way or another. The experimenter in him wanted to to try to stop it, press it's limits, but his mind thought better of it, he could hear the slowly clacking heels of the Jedi Princess. She wanted something from him, and he doubted she'd be so public about a fight. Many Sith Lord's would be cautious about dealing with a Jedi Master trapping their steps, but Valik was a man of opportunity. If he could make a connection with a Jedi why not?

"I wasn't aware there was reason for me to stay." He said, and turned to meet the princess. "But I suppose it's a more pleasant alternative than hyperspace jumps." He said, before she explained her desire to to keep her lives separate. For Valik such a thing was as simple as using Sith Alchemy to change his genetics and give himself a new face, then call himself a different name and keep on keepin on with his disperser. Kiskla however didn't have the luxury of alchemical shapeshifting, nor did he really wish to teach the skill.

"First thing I'd recommend is getting a new name. Kiskla and Kiskla are a bit counter-intuitive for what you wish." He began, not a jest but an honest suggestion. "As for a set of armor, I could whip you up any number of things, it's just a matter of preference." He said, before turning his head slightly to the side. "And cost. I'd wager whatever you did, it involved manipulating things on a very small scale, perhaps even cellular or molecular. Give me a lesson, and I'll craft whatever you wish."

Kiskla was in the business of clandestine as much as she was in making deals with the devil. But she could have parted with a soul instead of her knowledge; she had two to spare.
A new name. She'd thought about that, but she wasn't sure which of her alias' needed to die.

Likely Kiskla Freya could be the one to go, and simply be replaced with Lady Freya. As it was, her name wasn't much known beyond her ranks; even in political skirmishes none of her adversaries knew the princess' name, only her title. She hadn't introduced herself to @[member="Valik"] initially either; that should have been her first warning. Nobody called her Princess Kiskla -- it was always Sheyf Freya. Always.
"Tomorrow." Kiskla replied, with a sort of finality that only a confident woman could echo.
"I can't disappear tonight. No matter how out of touch with your culture you may be, this is still an important time for the clans. I can have a room prepared for you and meet you where a Guardian will provide you coordinates."

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik nodded at the woman, she did have her business to attend to. This was one of the reasons Valik didn't have the ambition to become emperor, far too many meaningless dinner parties to oversee. There were a myriad of other reasons of course, but that was a big one.

"So long as we stay onworld I'm fine meeting you wherever you wish." He replied. Valik was trusting that the woman wasn't going to prod him into a trap, report his existence to a few of her Jedi Master friends and have them all ambush him with sheer numbers, but that trust did have it's limits. Neutral ground was a a simple arrangement, and hopefully one she'd not find too inconvenient. "Shall I let you be then, or do you require anything else of me your grace?" He asked, humoring her cover a bit while keeping it incase anyone was listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom