Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah, Family.

Calico wasn't necessarily unhappy with the way things had gone. The Confederacy had, thankfully, kept from harassing the Concord. The lifeship had been completed, and all of his people were together. A message of a bounty being set on his head had, however, put him under a bit of stress.

He hadn't expected it, hadn't been ready for it. The entirety of the Concord was targeted as well--his bounty was simply the highest. It was unsettling that someone would go to such a length for revenge. Childish. Arrogance. Betrayal. He had an idea as to who had put it up.

The Chieftain stared down at the central district of the lifeship, watching as thousands of workers were busy removing hanger ceiling and setting up residential areas. As impossible as it seemed, things were coming together.

He had called those closest to him up for a short visit. His apartment was nothing too grand. Three rooms, two bathrooms. The central room was rather large and had a glass panel to view where the main district would eventually be below, a constant reminder that he would watch over these people, protecting them.

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts and fears, and setting them aside for the moment. He was dressed in the usual civilian outfit, black shirt, gray slacks, and combat boots. A sense of fashion wasn't something he had learned. He unlocked the main doors, and plopped down unto one of the leather chairs, a neon blue glass of Balmoraan Bluesky in his hand as he idly watched some cartoon on the holovision. It killed time while he waited.

@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
The door to Calico's apartment suddenly would slid open and a rather familiar, musky scent would waft inward along with the sound of claws and excited pants as a large grey strill slunk its way into the living space to plop itself on another one of the leather chairs, staring at Calico with what would seem like a friendly rumbling noise.

"Ca'ika! Lord Cabur and I decided we'd drop by. Su cuy'gar." The commando uttered, unlike Calico he was still in full Katarn rig, with the helmet strapped to his side. He made a b-line straight for Calico's food storage before making his back into the room, devouring a whole platter of roba meat slowly as he looked at the holo-vision. "Any caf?"

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

"Bottom cupboard ner'vod. Ain't brewed, but you've got hands." Calico grinned big and wide, sipping his beloved drink gingerly. He set it on the coffee table in the center of the room, and clicked his tongue at Lord Cabur. The Strill bounded across the room, slobbering everywhere as Calico scratched it behind the ears.

"Think we did good brother?" The Chieftain asked out of the blue, the Strill now stuck with its paws on his lap. "With everything? Think it was the right move, honestly?" He paused, leaning back in his chair. The Strill ceased its sticky assault. "All of my food. You know, some of us need to eat too."

He reached up and scratched the back of his head, grinning big and wide as he awaited the other two.

@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

One more adjustment here... hah!

A medical droid exclaimed as he finished the final touches on Zius' new cybernetics. He sat up-right from the operation table, opening both eyes for the first time in a relatively long, spacious amount of time. He looked around the room with a feeling that would closely compare to awestruck, but not quite on-par with the exact definition of the word; it was much, much more than that. Being able to have the thing that most people take for granted once again was the grandest of treasures. To see with a full view was simply not enough for words.

"Calico's expecting me... better get a move on."

He walked out of the medical center in an armourweave body-glove, his lightsaber strapped to his hip with a blackened leather holster. Making his way towards the apartment, he looked around and saw the construction of this place they'd all call "home", breaking his typical blank expression with a weak smirk of pride. He'd made it-- they all made it. This is what they had all fought for and it was worth it, despite the hardships of lies and witch-hunts that spanned across the galaxy. The Republic and the Jedi Order were not what they once were, and it didn't take a politician to see it and know that it needs adjustment.

Finally here...

Zius made his way up to Calico's apartment, making his entrance slowly and even with a hint of awkwardness. He hadn't shown himself outside of his battle armour to even his closest allies until now.

"Surprise...I guess?"

He still spoke in that dreadful, harsh tone of a voice.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

(See muh profile for the apperance.)

She was both excited and nervous when it came to meeting more of Calico's family. The young woman never really did good when it came to family things but this was important to him so she agreed to come hang out. They were just hanging out no big deal and nothing she ought to worry about anything.

Dressed in a light purple dress Keziah entered Calico's apartment to see everyone else had already arrived. She had meant to arrive earlier however it was probably for the best that she arrived last so she didn't have to sit there a pile of nerves.

Being nervous was silly as she had seen both men around a lot it was just she hadn't exactly been introduced formally to them and she wanted them to approve.

"Hello," she smiled and waved plopping down next to Calico. The dress that she wore was one she had made herself as she was trying to be more self-sufficient by learning to sew and how to garden.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]@[member="Zius Aurus"]

Well, they had all gathered. It occurred to Calico that he hadn't the faintest idea of what Zius had looked like outside of his kit. He looked somewhat harmless now, and that struck a cord with the Commando. He grinned, big and wide at the younger man. "You look fit enough to pull the ears off a gundark son."

Calico waved him, and Galaar over toward the chair centered around the coffee table. He snapped his finger at Lord Cabur, and the Strill went on back over toward its master. Calico and the beast had bonded during Galaar's time in a coma. Keziah set down next to him, and Calico slipped and arm around her waist. He wasn't afraid of the others knowing of their relationship, and he wanted the woman to feel like she belonged.

"You look wonderful dear." He cooed like those cheesy actors in the holodramas. He was still new at this. "Kezzy, this is Galaar, my di'kut brother, and Zius, my di'kut son when he finally let's me adopt him." He motioned toward the red head. "Di'kuts, this is Keziah, my cyar'ika, and that's girlfriend translated for you Zius."

He sipped at his Bluesky with his free hand, and glanced between the four of them. "I wanted everyone together, but that chakaar Krest is doing something with the Republic's vice chancellor, and Canal is heading the reconstruction operations on B-deck. They grow up so fast." He paused, giving Keziah a light squeeze, and grinned. "Now, lads, say hello."

@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Galaar looked up as a fimilar figure walked into the room, in particular a certain mechanically enhanced ex-Jedi Hunter that Calico had adopted and therefore was his nephew as well. He grinned at the boy out of armor and agreed with Calico as he plopped down on a chair.

"And you're certainly stronger than Ca'ika here, ad'ika."

Despite Calico's warning he continued to eat the Roba, even passing a bit to Lord Cabur every now and then as the grey furred strill left the older brother's lap and came to his. Then another living being entered the room, a rather beautiful woman. He couldn't help but grin, he knew who this was and she was one of the few women he wouldn't be nervous around... Mainly because she was his brother's girl.

"Su cuy'gar. You're my brother's keeper eh? Slap him around for me when he misbehaves."

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Zius Aurus"]

Zius grinned shyly at the complimentary nature of their comments, even so much as letting out a light chuckle. This is truly what family was, and it had been too long since the young man had last known the comfort and heart-warming nature of caring people. The Empire... it had stripped down the fundamentals of what it was to be human, to have a heart for even the lightest of moments such as this. A conclave of the broken and self-damned souls all yearning for a chance to pull themselves free from the hypothetical muck that was the darkness of man's own heart.

To be human... Zius finally understood once again what it was like.

He nodded to Keziah with a welcoming smile, and then turned to Calico with a more sincere expression.

"I'm proud to call myself your son. And I will do whatever it takes to fulfill the trials to become part of your culture; the way of a Mandalorian."

He spoke these words with a great sense of dignity and pride, his eyes even tearing up a bit as he finally opened himself up to allow others in. He could finally begin to heal and begin a new chapter in his otherwise dreary and gloomy existence.

Home... this was it.

@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] @[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Keziah Denko"]

"He behaves himself well enough," Keziah grinned. "He's like the perfect gentleman." Smiling she scooted closer to him as Calico put his arm around her. There were times that she wished he wouldn't be a gentleman. Take her in his arms and show her what he really thought. See, there was nothing for her to be worried about in the slightest everything was good.

She had picked up a few mandalorian words along the ways of her travels and knew a little bit of what he was talking about. She had also done a little research herself on the matter. "I don't think you have to do any trials to become his son. Well at least from what I read. I think he says a few words and poof your his son. Think of it as getting married but without the dress and flowers."

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]@[member="Zius Aurus"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

"Dress and flowers?" He gazed up at Keziah with an amused, friendly grin and a near puzzled look. "Har'chaak. We don't even do that, all you do is take the marriage vows. Very practical." His gaze then fell down upon Zius, the boy wanted to become Mandalorian. He wanted to walk the fields cin vhetin, the metaphorical walk though the snow that forgives all.

"Its also suggested for the Mandalorian to have another clan member on hand as a witness, though its not required. Either way, I think Zius has completed his verd'goten. Surviving the Sith Empire and then his work amongst us is no easy feat. Ca'ika, I think you could adopt him right now and I would be the witness. Then he just needs to follow the resol'nare."

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Keziah Denko"]

"You're damn right he has." Calico set his glass on the table and waved a hand at Galaar. Hey, ner'vod, I understand filling your boots, but we're going to have to refit your plates if you keep eating all my food. I think Cabur would make a nice carpet if he grew a little more."

He stared daggers at the Strill. "Big, furry, carpet." The Commando shot a curious glance at Keziah. She'd done her research.

Smart, cyar'ika, smart.

"Alright Ad'ika, c'mere." Calico offered his arm out toward Zius. "Take my arm, I'm a traditionalist."

@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Zius Aurus"]

Zius nodded at Calico with a determined expression painted over his face. He walked over to him without hesitation, reaching out and grasping his arm firmly to show that this was no jest, but instead a legitimate promise. One to be held above all standards and qualities. He would do well to make Calico proud of his commitment, and it seemed the ex-Sith had done just that.

Family had a meaning now. No longer an empty husk that didn't exist in Zius' vocabulary.

"I'm ready."

Looking into the Chieftain's eyes without even any sign of fear or anxiety; sincerity was the dominate emotion here.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @Galaar Tal'Verda @Keziah Denko

Calico grinned from ear to ear. Things were really coming together. Keziah seemed happy. Galaar was fitting into his new home without much issue, and now, Zius was accepting him as a father. He felt his heart swell with pride. "Ni kyr'tayl gai sa'ad." He gave the younger man's arm a firm squeeze, and let it go.

"You're Tal'verda now ad'ika. My son, welcome to the family. If Galaar tries to tell you to take your clothes off, you let me know." He shot his smile over at his brother, and gave Keziah a playful shrug. "You're next cyar'ika. Just you wait."

I have a new son. I have other children. I have brothers. I have a wonderful girl. Was this what you wanted for us Skirata?

@[member="Zius Aurus"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] @[member="Keziah Denko"]

Galaar Tal'Verda

With that finished the man's gaze fell upon Calico, really only his brother would be able to read the subtle ques the clone now gave off. "I would never, though if you try and turn my strill into a rug. You'll end up as my new mechanical caf maker." Galaar tossed another scrap to the beast as it glared at Calico rather nervously, it understood his hostility and looked crest-broken with big green eyes and a low welping sound.

"Either way! Welcome to the aliit Zius!"

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

Family was not something she had a good track record with. She was happy for Zius though and knew that he was part of a good family. They were at least not beating each other or well when they did it was for fun nothing more.

"Congrats!"

She paused for a moment when she heard that she was next. Keziah was probably thinking too much into what he was saying. The young woman had a knack at doing that. "I'm next? Really? What are we getting married?" She grinned jokingly at him.

@[member="Zius Tal'Verda"]@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]@[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

All he could really do was nod respectfully to either of the clones; however, they were much more than that as of now-- even before this very moment of acceptance into a family. Nothing of this sort of kindness could be found throughout the galaxy, least Zius sought to embrace the way of bloodshed once more for the sake of filling the void in his heart.

It never truly did, and now that empty space had been filled with the overwhelming relief of redemption. Funny word that was, becoming a physical and symbolic manifestation as Zius had accepted Calico's arm in agreement to become his adopted son. Age didn't appear to be a factor here, it didn't matter as long as this bond was made true and whole.

Mandalorian... this is what he had accepted as a way of life. His destiny had been altered and made lucid through the the Chieftain's willpower to pull him through the distress and confusion. No more suffering or mindless killing to fill the appetite of one whom sat upon a throne, giving orders to the ones they truly saw as lesser beings-- scum bent to their powerful will.

The Sith taint was gone now. And Zius would make damn sure it stayed gone.

@[member="Calico Tal'Verda"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"] @[member="Keziah Denko"]

Calico made a rather abrupt choking noise. It wasn't too loud, but noticeable. He gave Keziah his softest smile, and sighed. "Don't see why not...in the future. Far down." His smile shifted to focus on Zius.

The man was legally his son now, for all intents and purposes. It was both a relief, and another peg of responsibility. Calico would bear it willingly. "Welcome to the clan son...welcome to your new life."

@Zius Tal'vera @[member="Keziah Denko"] @[member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom