Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AEL Spring Line's Leviathan Bracers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altair_Bracer_by_Thorgaz.jpg

http://thorgaz.deviantart.com/art/Altair-Bracer-160071488
Intent: A set of medium-weight bracers incorporating the strengths of an Akure Leviathan's hide
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/20761-they-speak-in-blood-listen-rave/ - As her price for assisting Kaine, Rave secures the prime Akure Leviathan, allowing her to use some of the flawed intermediate samples for other purposes.
Manufacturer: Akure Executive Leatherworks
Model: Leviathan Bracers, Spring Line
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited (very exclusive)
Material: Akure Leviathan hide
Description: This high-end article of clothing is made from the hide of one of the partially transformed Leviathans of Corbos which failed to fully become an Akure Leviathan during the process of the Sith Empire's greatest bio-alchemy research effort, in which Rave Merrill played a significant part. Rave's alchemical insights and reagents have allowed AEL's master leatherworkers to preserve and amplify the elements of Leviathan hide which make the creature so deadly.

As Leviathans can swim in lava unharmed due to the toughness of their hides, and require multiple sustained strikes in order to be injured by a lightsabre, these bracers are heavily resistant to energy weapons and lightsabres. Their alchemical treatment is enough to produce this anti-lightsabre effect when combined with the natural properties of the Leviathan's skin, but not enough to make the bracers' subtle Force presence anything more than what one might expect from the skin of a Leviathan. In other words, so far as Force senses or, indeed, the general public are concerned, this AEL product is nothing more than an ambitious leatherworking company attempting to use the hide of a Leviathan of Corbos (obtained, as AEL usually does, by hiring the galaxy's best to kill the monsters); the Akure Leviathans are not mentioned.

To counter the Leviathain's well-known weakness for electricity, a small, solid piece of alchemical metal is contained in the knuckles, beneath a layer of leather and backed by a layer of rubber. It has been marketed as, and stamped to resemble, a solid-state bit of electronics, some kind of capacitor which would absorb electricity harmlessly. However, like many products of Sith alchemy, it will absorb and collect lightning innately, without electronic aid. The accumulated charge could then be released on contact, with a punch. This is a purely defensive feature, only situationally useful. The thin, dense, molded metal strip is far more likely to be used as an equivalent of brass knuckles than as a collector of lightning.

If this limited, elite product has a weakness, it is conventional weaponry. It is, in the end, only leather -- supernaturally tough leather, but leather all the same. Blunt impact, such as from a maul or a bullet, will break the arm through the flexible leather. More than a handful of strong lightsabre impacts in the same area may burn through.

Classification: Anti-Blaster, Anti-Lightsabre
Weight: 2kg
Quality: Class 4 against physical weapons, class 8 against energy weapons
Other Feature(s): Good lightsabre resistance, defensive alchemical lightning collector

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Rave Merrill"]
Nothing off that I can see here. Super tough and durable bracers. If you made 'em in Hutt sizes, I might buy one, but, alas, no one carries XXXXXXXXXXL lines anywhere.

Approved, with sadness of it not being in my size, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom