Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Adamanthium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: (Please link to where you found the image, or to the original artist if possible. TinEye or Google Image Search can help.)
Intent: To create a very durable and strong material to use in the production of armors and Starfighter components.
Development Thread: (The main way people work for their toys, though most submissions don't require a development thread. Restricted items require specific development threads. Substantial development threads can help judges approve more powerful submissions. If in doubt, put 'If necessary,' and a judge may or may not ask you for one. Threads cited here must be at least 10 quality posts.)
Manufacturer:ZyTech
Model: Adamanthium
Affiliation: Open Market, used exclusively by Zytech, not available on market in raw form
Modularity: No
Production Mass Produced
Material: Iron, Alum, Ciridium,Quadranium, Rhodium, Scratium
Description: Adamanthium is a dense and heavy material that is suitable for making armored plates. These plates are then either sewn into body glove or non-metallic armoring or attached directly onto existing existing metallic armors as a suppliment.

Strength:
Resilience: Adamanthium plates are highly resilient to multiple forms of damage. Bladed and piercing weapons are unable to damage it, it can take multiple shots from most blasters and can take a shot or two from heavy blasters. Multiple shots from slug throwers are required to penetrate it, the lower the caliber the higher the hits it can survive. A glancing blow by a lightsaber will moderatly damage Adamanthium plates and a direct blow will severely damage if not destroy the plate out right. Sith Swords follow the same rules as a lightsaber and are able to damage and destroy the plates easily.

Moderate Melting Point: Adamanthium has a moderate melting point, at the point it would be hot enough to melt it would cause third degree burns to its wearer long before.

Weaknesses
Heavy: Adamanthium is heavy alloy and is suitable only in constructing plates that are part of composite forms of body armor. A full suit of Adamanthium while certainly formidable would weight well over 50 kilograms.

Rigid: Adamanthium is a very dense and rigid material, in order to get enough flexibility out of it in order to be useful in joints or as a large scale armoring material for sentients it would have to be so thin that it would be only able to sustain light damage before its destruction.

Very Conductive: The largest down side to Adamanthium use in armor is that it is a highly conductive material and will intensifies the electrical based attacks and effects against the user if not properly grounded.

Arumi Zy said:
Bladed and piercing weapons are unable to damage it
Please elaborate on "unable". How much hurt would a cm thick plate of body armor be able to take from something like a Sith Sword or slugthrower round before giving way? By the way you've written this it appears to be impervious to physical damage.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Lily Kirsche Kuhn said:
Please elaborate on "unable". How much hurt would a cm thick plate of body armor be able to take from something like a Sith Sword or slugthrower round before giving way? By the way you've written this it appears to be impervious to physical damage.
I have always considered sith swords to just be less glowly versions of lightsabers and they do not represent mundane slashing weapons, considering they are "Magical" swords or at least star wars version of them with all the capabilities of lightsabers, including the ability to become super heated. I can make specific mention in my post about them if that would clear that up to your satisfaction.

Slugthrowers would follower blaster rules and would take several strikes to damage and eventually penetrate the plate. Larger calibers would produce far more kinetic energy and would damage it more with less shots.

The resistence to slashing and piercing weapons is based on real life materials and resistence. A cm is roughly 3/8ths of an inch give or take a 16/th. At that thickness a sheet of steel of comparable thickness ( Or less actually) would be unable to be penetrated by a knife or a sword and would require specialized tools such as a cutting torch or a grinder with metal cutting disk ( depending on size being cut multiple wheels), or several tons of force in a hydraulic sheer cutting machine. No amount of chopping with a sword or axe would penetrate it, though it might deform it a bit.

This material is designed to be used essentially in a SAPI Style system as the material would be to heavy to create any full sized armors. It is designed with protecting major vital organs, forearm insets, shin inserts, essentially blocks of an area only and leaving a lighter material such as Armorweave to protective the rest of the body. ( Or the synth material i have pending as well).

I am willing to make what ever edits or changes you wish to make it acceptably balanced to you.

Arumi Zy said:
I have always considered sith swords to just be less glowly versions of lightsabers and they do not represent mundane slashing weapons, considering they are "Magical" swords or at least star wars version of them with all the capabilities of lightsabers, including the ability to become super heated. I can make specific mention in my post about them if that would clear that up to your satisfaction. Slugthrowers would follower blaster rules and would take several strikes to damage and eventually penetrate the plate. Larger calibers would produce far more kinetic energy and would damage it more with less shots.
I would like specific mention of both of these in your description.

jVVTw3G.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom