Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ACS-206 Arrowhead Missile Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACS-206 Arrowhead Missile Launcher
1280px-Army-fgm148.jpg
Image Source: Here
Intent: Standard Issue Weapons for the Blackblade Guards
Development Thread: As Needed
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Combat Systems
Model: MK2
Affiliation: ArmaTech, Blackblade Guard
Modularity: Yes, Aftermarket Kits
Production: Minor

Material: Duraplast, Missile Launcher Components, Electronics
Classification: Missile Launcer
Size: Two Handed
Length: 1.2 Meters
Weight: 22.5 Kilograms (Unloaded)
Ammunition Type: Starfighter Grade Warhead
Ammunition Capacity: One
Effective Range: 2,500 Meters

Rate of Fire: One Shot
Special Features:
  • Starfighter Missile: If fires a massive ordnance for a shoulder mounted weapon. It also only has at best 4 missiles per two man team.
  • Must Lock: Without an affirmative Lock, the weapon cannot be fired. It must lock onto something, even if it is the ground, which takes a second or so.
  • One Shot: While intended for a two man team, the weapon can only load a single warhead at a time and is slow to reload, as each warhead has to be hand loaded from the muzzle.
Description:
Based off Technology that made the PLX Launcher feared and useful, the Arrowhead was designed with the knowledge that armor had become more defensive, with Tanks of Phrik and Beskar becoming popular, and that Air Support was becoming more dangerous. To counter this, infantry on the ground needed a more powerful all purpose missile that could fulfill the roles of Anti Armor and Anti Air. The weapon system is deployed in two man teams, and often used with a bipod in order to stabilize the system.

The Arrowhead was basically a conscious decision to murder everyone in a given area, firing a Fire-and-Forget Starfighter sized warhead at its opposition. The launch tube itself contains the Targeting Computer, which when it obtains a lock allows the missile to be fired and the troops to forget about it. The guidance system in the tube does literally everything else. Against Air Support it locks in and goes after them just like any other missile. Against tanks, the weapon increases altitude to 250 meters and drops on the roof of the tank. There are plenty of existing countermeasures to such, but, its also big warhead. This Targeting computer is scaled down, and not as fast processing as a Starfighter's might be with moving targets going transonic speeds, more appropriate for hovering or ground based targets, and ships moving in the 300km/h range.

Against infantry the operated must selected an area on the ground for the missile to lock on to, and it will then preform similarly as it does against vehicles, however, as the ground doesn't move, it will not have to make course corrections as it would with a mobile tank. Infantry facing down this weapon have only one real hope. That the tank the operator isn't shooting at blasts him before he fires.

If it can be loaded into a standard Starfighter general purpose warhead launcher, then it can be most likely be loaded into the ACS-206's launch tube. This refers to Starfighter Grade Warheads such as the payloads of the X-wing or A-wing.

Primary Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Bianca"]
That looks a bit too big, but I am not an expert.

I was thinking more along the lines of A-Wing, B-Wing, X-Wing, TIE Bomber's Torpedoes and Missiles. I know the Template considers those in the Starfighter range, but I mean Starfighter as in classic, single pilot ships like the above. Furthermore, some missiles recently approved were quite large, not like the 12 torpedoes that can fit on an XJ3.

I have made some edits to show this.

I've also clarified the limitations of the targeting system's ability to lock, set at maximum target speed 300km/h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom