Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech ACS-204 Vulcan Blaster Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACS-204 Vulcan Blaster Rifle
Image: Here
Image Source: Here
Intent: To provide a Basic Infantry Weapon for Republic Troops
Development Thread: As Needed
Manufacturer: ArmaTech Combat Systems
Model: Mk1
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: After-Market Kits
Production: Mass
Material: Blaster components, Durasteel Armor Casing

Classification: Blaster Rifle
Size: Handheld
Length: 88.5 Centimeters
Weight: 11.5 Kilograms
Ammunition Type: Blaster Gas
Ammunition Capacity: 300 Bolts (Extended Drum Powercell); 720 (Gas Canister)
Effective Range: 300 Meters
Rate of Fire: Semi-Automatic; Automatic (150 Bolts per Minute)
Special Features:
  • Bullpup Configuration: Designed with the ammunition and magazine feed behind the hands, the majority of the weight is moved back behind the hands. This mitigates the weight of the weapon and keeps it maneuverable, even though it weighs so much.
  • Reliability: An internal insulation protects the firing mechanisms allowing it to function properly when submerged in water, covered in mud, or filled with sand. No doubt it would need to be cleaned and maintained to keep this level of reliability.
Weaknesses:
  • Decreased Accuracy: At 300 meters or more experienced marksmen are unable to hit a man sized target ten consecutive times, a draw back to its galvanized circuitry.
  • Overheating: When attempting to fire for longer than 30 seconds the barrel rapidly overheats and could melt.
Description:
Designed to be the primary weapon in use by Republic Soldiers the Vulcan was required to be efficient, ergonomic, and reliable. In order to do this ArmaTech Combat Systems was forced to tear apart ancient weapons and take the parts of those that made them so reliable in combat. To do so required the use of an internal insulation to prevent dust, dirt, mud, and sand from penetrating the firing mechanism. A mass of galvanized circuitry surrounds the primary focusing lens, providing it with the increased power to cover such long ranges over average blaster carbines. Around this a bullpup design was fitted to allow the heavy weapon to be easily handled and maneuvered, mitigating its weight. With long range capabilities and a very large powercell capable of sending three hundred bolts down range the weapon can deal death for quite a while. Unfortunately it's high rate of fire significantly increases it's vulnerability to overheating and barrel melt. It is roughly equivalent in terms of power the A280 of old and is quite capable in piercing light and medium forms of personal armor.

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

[member="Draco Vereen"]

A slightly more powerful, battlefield-optimized blaster rifle, nothing unusual. :)

Draco Vereen said:
Ineffective against Heavy Armor: Individual Weapons are ineffective against heavy armor and require numerous blasts to even come close to piercing it.
  • This, however, isn't really a valid weakness, since blaster bolts in general don't do well against heavy armor
  • I have to ask you to provide something else in place of this
Tag me with answers and/or edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]
Draco Vereen said:
Weaknesses:
  • Vulnerability to Ion: Ion weaponry renders the rifle little more than a club, having to replace the Galvanized circuitry before it can be fired, impossible during battle.
Description:
This circuitry is very vulnerable to Ion weapons, more so than others as it will be required to be completely replaced, a substantial repair that cannot be done on the field.
Edited. This is what I came up with, hope that's alright.

Netherworld

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I hate to say this but... that's no more a weakness than the first one.
The melting of circuitry when hit by an ion blast is standard for blaster weaponry. It's the EMP blast that merely disables it.

I would suggest something like a tendency to overheat, perhaps, considering its rate of fire. :)

Tag me when you make the appropriate edits.

Netherworld

[member="Draco Vereen"]

It's no problem at all. :)

I'm stamping this, but remember; any weapon, no matter how reliable, is not impervious to the elements and damage.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom