Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AB-01 Darts/Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: Provide the Mandalorian Crusaders an ammo against heavy armored targets that works in a different than the standard way similar ammunition work.
Development Thread: If Needed

Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
Model: AB-01
Affiliation: Mandalorian Crusaders

Modularity: N/A
Production: Production: Mass Produced
Material: Quadanium steel; Magnetic head; Shockwave generator

Description: Inspired by the Mandalorian Crusaders of old's shockwave generators, Arakyd Industries developed the AB-01 darts, followed by their round colleague. The reason why there is both a dart and a round is due to the fact that the Mandalorians utilize both type of launchers. This gives a wider customer base, so to speak.

Now onto the important part, the AB-01 darts/rounds are slightly sharp at the front to be able to initially make a tiny hole in heavy armors including beskar. As most metals are ferromagnetic, this is where the magnetic head comes in action. Attaching itself to the armor, the dart/round begins drilling a hole while the shockwave generator within begins emitting sonic waves which start a fracturing process. Unlike standard armor piercing rounds, this one's aim is not to penetrate and wound the target, the AB-01's aim is to weaken the capabilities of the armor making it more susceptible to other sources of damage due to damaging the armor's integrity.

From a drawback point of view, the AB-01 has a couple. Firstly, one attached round would do very little to the integrity and durability of the armor. The more AB-01s attached and the longer they remain the greater the effect. Another drawback is that their magnetic heads are not as strong as they could be and they could be unplugged manually by hand, although that does give the opportunity to distract the opponent as well. Additionally, if the armor is not made of metal the AB-01 cannot attach to it.

All in all, a non-lethal ammo that aims to weaken the opponent's capabilities and distract them if they decide to remove the rounds/darts.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Grim Vizsla said:
As most armors are made of metal, this is where the magnetic head comes in action.

While this is often true for most steels in real life, simply because something is metal does not necessarily make it ferromagnetic. For example, although aluminum is a metal, it is not magnetic. That being said, I do see this potentially working on many armors in Star Wars, but it's not something I'd immediately assume for every armor that is encountered.

Otherwise, this looks good.

[member="Gir Quee"]

This is true, yet I do not know which metals in Star Wars are ferromagnetic or paramagnetic. : / How do you believe I should edit it ? Simply replace all with most?

Grim Vizsla said:
This is true, yet I do not know which metals in Star Wars are ferromagnetic or paramagnetic. : / How do you believe I should edit it ? Simply replace all with most?
It's one of those things that really isn't defined, though judging by some of the names (ex. bronzium), I think some educated guessing can be done on that. Using "most" works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom