Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Witch faction interest check

THE MYSIDIAN CONCLAVE!
Who?
  • For those FUs who want nothing to do with Force-alignment (and to a lesser extent NFUs)
  • For those players tired to play the ages-old "Jedi-vs-Sith"
  • For those players tired to play the map game
  • For those Witches who feel left out of the current faction setup
  • For those players who feel that the economy has been neglected
  • For those players who feel that depth is an attribute of the universe
What?
  • We stand against the economic incompetence of the Sith factions
  • We stand against the barbarism of Mandalorian factions
  • We encourage the pursuit of knowledge
  • We encourage economic activities, especially from non-defense industries
  • We encourage characters from any race to join
The Conclave:

The eponymous ruling body, it comprises two houses. Decisions in each House are made with simple-majority votes. Each planet has one seat in each Conclave house:

The Senate, which is open to both NFUs and FUs, can introduce bills and resolutions that affect the Conclave-wide IC functions that affect both NFUs and FUs.

The Wizard Circle, which is FU-restricted, has an additional set of powers and has sole authority on FU-specific affairs. It can nevertheless introduce bills and resolutions that have Conclave-wide IC effects.

IC faction leadership will be decided by an internal vote.

The University:

For all the Conclave research and development needs, it welcomes any and all attempts at expanding lore, Force-knowledge, as well as developing new technology. It also sponsors expeditions outside Conclave space to accomplish said functions.

Any suggestions for the military are welcome. (Probably making use of hired guns at this point)

[member="Cathul Thuku"], I am very interested in seeing this played out. So I ask, How is this different from the Witchmaster Faction, and the Nightsisters? *other than the obvious government ideals* I ask because I know someone else will, and because I am genuinely interested in where this would go.

This would be something Mara would be interested in, especially the pursuit of knowledge bit. Only thing I have to ask is again, would there be a significant difference between the Mysidian Conclave and other factions such as the Witchmasters? Even if there isn't, I'd still be interested, but I felt the need to ask.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

[member="Vilaz Munin"] I felt left out when Kashyyyk occured. Why I even played Cathul as a Witch, and, from there, as a Mando, all stems from her therapy practice:
  1. Making her a Witch would allow her to take FU patients regardless of Force-alignment (FU patients seem to desire therapists that are compatible with their Force-alignment and usually trust NFU therapists very little, if at all)
  2. Mandalorians made the most sense for a major faction that would be willing to harbor Witches at the time; plus ICly she held complete control over Mandalore's mental healthcare system until Kashyyyk happened, which was the right timing to ask for proper mental healthcare resources for Mandalore proper - she knew better than some Mandos ICly what the effects of warfare on mental health were
Before I start that faction I would like to make a peaceful transition of powers on Azure, though. I might be its current IC governor, but Clan Lok cannot claim planets in its current condition.

[member="Atheus"] [member="Mara Sedaya"] I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Nightsisters and the Witchmasters as factions, other than they never seemed to adopt a particular economic stance.

Your concerns are legitimate, but I'd like to know how is the Mysidian Conclave, in its current form, similar to those Witch factions. You would likely both say that the Conclave is more similar to either Nightsisters or Witchmasters than different: how so?

Government and economy are the starting points for differentiation. If there are more ways to make the Conclave different from the existing Witch factions, I'll consider what's available so long as it doesn't turn it into a mostly light-sided faction or mostly dark-sided faction.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Just pointing out there are already 2 existing factions of this type on the board. Perhaps rather than creating a third, competing division of witches, you might consider contacting the folks involved in these factions to see if your interest align. Strength in numbers and all.

The Witchmasters (The Mandalorian Clans of Betna and Rekali have a strong presence here, which ties in nicely with your Mandalorian background as well)

Witches of Dathomir

[member="sabrina"] Cathul is a pretty reluctant Mando to be honest.

[member="Boo Chiyo"] WoD (a.k.a. Nightsisters) is completely dead. I'm not sold about the Witchmasters' economic policies: who to ask about that?

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

[member="Vesta Rekali"] or [member="Anija Betna"] are probably the best folks to speak to on the Witchmasters. [member="Isley Verd"] is another prominent member of that faction, too, I believe. And all 3 of them are Mandalorian characters, so if you're playing both a Witch and a Mando, I'd definitely recommend touching base with those folks.

On the Witches of Dathomir, you might try talking to [member="Cira"] as one of her alts is a prominent member of the Singing Mountain Clan.

I think that, economically, the best fit is to have said Witch faction as a subfaction of the Techno Empire, even though something's gotta-give: governance. It seems that, as a writer, it would feel weird to start a Witch-based faction and offer economy as a big component of faction theme/plot because, in canon, Witches never seemed overly concerned with economic matters.

Cathul Thuku said:
I think that, economically, the best fit is to have said Witch faction as a subfaction of the Techno Empire, even though something's gotta-give: governance. It seems that, as a writer, it would feel weird to start a Witch-based faction and offer economy as a big component of faction theme/plot because, in canon, Witches never seemed overly concerned with economic matters.
I haven't seen the Techno Empire/Union since it was last a major faction, so I may be wrong about this, but I recall a big part of that faction being a trust in technological/progressive means, rather than backwards applications of a mysterious force that isn't entirely reliable and rather impractical.

There are those space wizards that embrace technology and economical matters more than the norm. I usually think about the Ikes: [member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Orihime Ike"], [member="Junko Ike"] as well as [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] for whom that description fits. And perhaps [member="Ajira Cardei"] or [member="Darth Banshee"] in the more dark-sided land.

My own alt [member="Ugohr Poof"] has the economical part down all right, since he thought that he could somehow run the only real estate brokerage company in Chaos without falling to the dark side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom