Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Three Days Ride to Destiny [Aurelio]

Baron [member="Aurelio Murtix"]​
Midvinter
Spring morning - Crystal Falls
The sound of Midvinter. The black smith up early to start the day. She could hear the sharp breath of the bellows as it stoked life into the coals. Soon she would hear the constant clink clink as hammer and anvil met once more. It would not be Midvinter without this age old craftsman applying his trade.

A firm tug on the leather strap secured the last of the load upon the back of the work horse. Standing proudly next to him, BlackWing, Aerin's stallion, eager to leave as he poured at the ground with his hoof. Aerin had acquired another for Aurelio, a white stallion of fine features and strong legs, more regal in look then BlackWing but not as strong. BlackWing is Aerin's war horse, and has delivered her into battle several times. Both horses stand saddled, reined and ready for their riders.

Knowing she would never return to her home, once more having to abandon it, Aerin packed all her important possessions, her amour, bows and quivers, along with food and supplies including pelts for the bedding. She looked up into the sky, it would be a clear spring day. And as of yet, no sign of spring snow, but that could change in the blink of an eye.

Aerin remained with the horses, offering soothing words to them through the force, as she waited for Aurelio to arrive.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
A planet of savages.

That was Aurelio's first impression of Midvinter when he arrived in search of Aerin; a backwater that was lacking in civilized technology and proper social graces. They were still in an age of swords and shields when the galaxy waged war with weapons that could annihilate worlds and guns that could kill a man before he even knew that he was in danger. The baron was born to a family that wished to be above all others, and he was raised with the understanding that some were simply better than the rest and was trained in a way to reflect that, but he was not foolish enough to believe that he was invulnerable because of his noble blood. Aurelio also began to realize that even in places that had almost no advanced technology people of honor, high-birth, and great skill could be found.

[member="Ærin Firebrand"] was one such person. She was beautiful, deadly with a weapon, gifted with the force, and of high-birth, making her a woman that just about any man in the galaxy would be obsessing over. And yet, she was from such a simple world. As Aurelio stepped outside, pulling the coat he was given even tighter around himself, he saw her prepping their horses for riding and thought of that fact yet again. Would she have been the same woman if she was born to any of the more advanced civilizations of the galaxy? In the end the baron was beginning to understand that his title didn't make him better than everyone else, but that the skills and knowledge he was given because of it would be what separated him from the rest. Aurelio smiled as he approached her, saying nothing as he simply looked at the white horse, the clear sky, and the lovely Aerin.

He was not better than her people outright, but he could try to guide them to glory and greatness.

[member="Aurelio Murtix"]​
Aurelio's presence within the force, told her he approached. A complexity, enigmatic and even secretive aura around him. He intrigued her, sometimes she could read him easy, then in the next second he would surprise her with an action that would further peak her interest in him. Such a long way had she come since the events that forced her to leave Midvinter, much experience with all things, how others are, how they live or socially interact with one another, most of it she noted was self serving. But they had be in order to survive. It was simply the reality of life in the galaxy at large. She had viewed as the barbaric ... and in some cases she is correct.

Aurelio Murtix, not only handsome, but more importantly, highly intelligent. Although his physical form pleasing to her eyes, it is his 'smarts', that attracts her the most. He can infuriate her at times with his high born attitudes, then completely remove her fury with a look or a smile.

Her eyes fell on him, over the back of the saddle as she laid the last of the pelts on it to soften the 'blow' of the ride. They had to make good ground this day and reach the valley before night fall. Walking toward her and the horses fully covered in a fur, with a smile on his face she only hoped would be there at the end of the day.

Once more she looked over her home, a little sad to think she had become used to the fact that she could not find a place to settle permanently. One day, she thought or rather hoped. Pushing away the thought she looked at the Baron and smiled in return. "Come we must away, we must reach the lower valley before dark", she finally spoke.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Aurelio saw her smile and remembered that she was giving up far more than the temporary use of her shoulder because of the fight, but was still kept up a cheerful appearance for his benefit. The baron was mostly healed from the previous engagement in which his shoulder was injured, but it was still a bit sore and once again reminded him of just how short life could be so you had to do as you pleased before your time ran out. The young man moved closer and wrapped his arms around her, gently bringing himself to give her a quick kiss while remembering the passionate embrace they had on the battlefield.

"Then let's see just how fast these horses of yours can go." He said with a smirk after pulling away and letting her go to get to his horse, "I'm sure there's plenty of fun to be had in this lower valley you speak of. Maybe even another fight to enjoy!"

Aurelio hoisted himself up onto the creature, feeling a quick sting from his shoulder as he did so, then looked around before turning back to [member="Ærin Firebrand"] with a wink. Such a fascinating woman...he was lucky to have met this one on Hoth, even if it was a life or death struggle.

"If there isn't any entertainment I'm sure we can make our own fun."

And there it was, one of the things he does to surprise her. She stood for a moment after the kiss and the cheeky comment only to find a small smile on her face. At least he has woken up in a good mood, she thought, wondering how long that mood would last after a hard days ride in the saddle.

However, it did wonders for her, removing all the turmoil of the events of the night and the her dislocation from yet another home. She could not look back this time, it does no good to do so. Aerin mounted BlackWing. Immediately the black horse became more eager to leave, shifting on the ground and nodding his head. This was infectious to the other horse as they too joined in the excitement.

"You want for more fighting?", she asked with a small laugh. Her body shifted within the saddle as she encouraged BlackWing to move forward, which was not really needed. "Then we shall see what awaits us", she shot over her shoulder as BlackWing passed him. "By the way, the horse is a gift to you and needs a name. And tell me when your.. rump has had enough of the saddle". And such a fine rump it is too, she thought as she smiled further .. he would not see it however.

They reached the outskirts of the village soon enough and began along the narrow road leading down into the lush valley.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Aurelio watched the red shieldmaiden ride off ahead of him with a challenge to name his new gift, and grinned as he urged the already eager horse into a gallop to follow. As they continued into the valley below he pondered name after name, all while struggling to stay atop his horse and keep up with the superior rider who led him. The valley, just like the rest of Midvinter that he had seen so far, was quite pleasing to the eye and made the young man wonder what owning a vacation home would be like for him here. Distraction was going to be a problem for him though if he could not manage to stay atop his new horse, and more than a few times he found himself almost falling off and embarrassing himself. A proper vehicle would have been obviously more to his tastes, but for one he didn't want to offend Aerin, or make himself look pathetic in front of her, and another question was of course where he would even find one in such a place.

"I think I might have finally come up with a name for this present of yours." Aurelio said with a smile as he managed to finally catch up, "I think I might call it Stor-"

Before he could continue some snow fell from an above branch only to land directly onto his noble head and shoulders, causing him to grunt in annoyance as he wiped it away. The flash of anger faded however as something popped into his now slightly wet head, and he turned to [member="Ærin Firebrand"] with an inspired grin.

"I think I shall name it...Snowfall. May the cold sensation be the last thing our foes feel before he tramples them!"

A grin crossed her face as Aurelio came up along side her. He is beginning to become more acquainted with his stallion and eventually horse and ride would become one. Aerin could not help but laugh as the snow hit him from above and she watched his face turn to a scowl. "Ah the perils of Midvinter", she jested, of course there are far more perils then the snow. They needed to get out of the mountains before night fall or else they would meet the 'perils', the carnivorous creatures of the night.

"Snowfall! a fitting name indeed", she smiled. "He likes you I can sense it, but I sincerely hope we have no need for trampling hooves on our journey".

As they made good time down the mountain, Aerin could see the silver thread of the river. The waters from Crystals fall feeding it as it extended to the west. They would journey west until they passed over the bridge to turn south. On the way, they met with travels and traders journeying to Crystal Falls, the traders would not pass up an opportunity for a quick sale and would peddle their wares for Aurelio and Aerin, enticing them to buy. Aerin took advantage of this opportunity and purchased some fresh bread for lunch.

She looked up into the skies, a constant vigil in Midvinter, and so far the skies had been kind to them. The sun high in the sky spoke of midday as they approached the lower level of the mountain, and so they would break journey and eat, and rest the horses.

Choosing a nice place to set up, Aerin dismounted and began to unpack the supplies from the pack horse which trailed behind her. "You must be hungry Aurelio, and in need of a break", he would not be the only one in need of this, a seasoned rider she is, but she too suffers the fatigue of the saddle. Placing the bread, and opening the packaging cloths that held some treated meats and cheese, Aerin invited him to come and join her. She moved off to find some dry wood and soon had a fire lit. Gathering some virgin snow in a pot for brewing she made some tea. The aroma of the tea wafting up in thick steam.

She watched him for a moment, regarding him. Much had happened to them since Hoth, a binding experience that would see them form a friendship, one she now cherished. But she realised, she did not know about the man. His origin and history. Aerin knew he is Tapani and comes from a noble house but that was all really. And of course she is curious.

"Aurelio, eat .. tell me more about yourself, about Tapani. I know little of you". She hoped he would not consider this small talk, but for the nature intended, she wanted to know more about her good friend. A friend she would see to it .. that he was rewarded for his willingness to help her, when he has no reason too. Of course her question is laced with more then that, she also wanted to know more about a man she had come to care deeply for. As she waited, her eyes would fall over his handsome face, taking in his features and the memory of that kiss on the battle field filled her mind once more.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
The baron dismounted Snowfall and made himself comfortable as Aerin went to work, knowing full well that he would be useless in this regard but not willing to admit it. Soon she had a fire going, food ready to be enjoyed, and tea ready to warm them up as he sat down next to her. The shieldmaiden was curious about his past, and as he thought about it it was true that in their time together Aurelio had learned quite a bit about [member="Ærin Firebrand"]'s past while very little of his was revealed. It wasn't that he didn't find it important, of course he did, it's just that in the context of their situation it was never something that had to be discussed.

"Well I was born and lived on Soterios, a planet in the Tapani sector of space that is almost the complete opposite of this one. It's very warm and very dry, with little to no real life besides the settlements that depend on off-world trade to survive." the young man cleared his throat with a smile, and he filled one of the cups with some tea before continuing, "All that there is to know about me is that I'm from one of the minor noble houses, a small cog in the bigger machine that is House Melantha. My father was a nobody who managed to marry higher than our society believed he should have, and it was my mother who made me into who I am today."

Aurelio paused for a moment as he remembered the days of martial training and education that were meant to forge him into a weapon of glory, and his mother's stern blue eyes as she watched him an prepared her criticisms. Aurelio's mother hammered the importance of the family into his head, and while she tried her best to both love her son and make him better it put a weight on his shoulders that even he denies feeling. The baron's vices helped alleviate it somewhat but were never enough, while Aerin was becoming a decent distraction for it as well.

"I hope that this has helped your curiosity somewhat, unless there is something more specific you wish to know?"

She watched Aurelio over her hot mug of tea as he spoke. The steam wafting up thick as heat met cold air made her narrow her eyes to see though it to his face. Her hands wrapped around the mug to keep them warm and the scent of it filled her senses. As he spoke of his home planet, Aerin wondered what it would be like to visit such a hot dry place, such a contrast to those she has experienced. The moderate clim of Exocron had once effected her, a mild day enough to take her energy fast, but with training she had learned to use Tapas to control her body temperature and maintain her cold blood, although she hated the rays of the sun on her skin.

He spoke of the noble houses, in much the same way as she would consider the clans. Although some happy enough with their station in life .. others not and would work to manipulate their situation to achieve a higher standard. The machinations would be different but the end result, the same. His mother sounded like a formidable woman, wanting the best for her son at all costs possibly.

Aerin sensed a slight hesitation in his thoughts, a flicker of remembrance crossed his handsome face and she tilted her head to the side wondering what that might be. She would never intrude into his mind, that is not her way, even though she is most capable to do so, she much prefer to ask and for him to give voice to his thoughts, willingly.

"The responsibility of nobility", she smiled. "And to live up to its expectations, demanded by those above and from those below. Yet never is it satisfied, never is it caring but rather places a burden on one to achieve its selfish wants, regardless of what you might want".

She stood up to prepare to depart once more, her face once more checked the skies. Aerin kicked the fallen snow into the fire to take out the flames, the hiss and steam protesting to those interested in its complaint. She quickly wrapped the remaining food and packed them back on the burdened horse. She looked over to Aurelio as she worked, regarding the man, oh she many more questions and in time they would be asked. Save for one.

"Tell me, what do you want? what is your ambitions?". Aerin did not want to hear what was expected of him, but rather she wanted his hearts desire. "Tell me on way, we must depart ..night will soon be here and we still have two hours in the saddle. I know a nice place where we can rest for the night, actually.. ". She turned to face him front on as she leaned on the horse. "I shall make it your choice .. we can sleep in the forest under the stars, or in a cave".

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
[member="Ærin Firebrand"] was wiser than he originally gave her credit for, once more making her seem respectable in many ways. Aurelio couldn't help but smirk at the thought that his mother might have actually liked Aerin if she ever had the chance to meet her, and the smirk grew even larger when he realized that he was doing just as his low-born father did and managing to find a woman above himself in social rank. It was Aerin's next question that took the baron off balance for a moment, since his deepest ambitions were not something he told anyone. Even he knew that becoming a powerful ruler on a galactic scale would be a very difficult task, but Aurelio couldn't help but feel an urge to try no matter the cost.

"What I want..." the baron considered what to say as he moved closer to her, not stopping until he was smiling only a few inches away from the shieldmaiden's face and looking directly into her eyes, summoning all of the charisma he could in order to distract from her first question while trying to move the topic over towards her second one. "Is to see what the galaxy can offer me. I think it would be fine if we simply slept out here, since we can find plenty of ways to stay warm on our own."

The young man was still unsure of just how much of himself he could trust others with, even Aerin, and made sure that most saw him as he wanted them to. If she knew just how far-reaching his desires went, would she be appalled and leave him behind? Or would she support him and seek to help? In any case he was not ready for either answer, and would prefer to find a way to keep the lovely shieldmaiden close...but not too close just yet. Aurelio had to give a little to keep her interested, while being distant enough to keep his secrets.

"Why don't you set up a place to sleep, and then we can enjoy this lovely night in peace."

The pack horse shifted as Aurelio approached which caused Aerin to stand straight. Their eyes locked, as he neared but she stood her ground. The only hint of emotion would be seen through her eyes, a flicker of surprise and curiosity. He spoke his words inches from her face, she could almost feel his warm breath on her cheek, his emerald eyes sparkling with dancing light reflecting of the spring snow.

Aurelio’s words laced with everything and nothing, suggestive and enticing caused her heart to quicken. She too, smiled. Aerin moved forward, bridging the gap until their noses caressed, and her lips but millimetres from his. As she spoke, her lips would barely touch his. “That is no answer, and you know it”, she said softly. Aerin may be wiser then Aurelio first thought of her, he will learn she is also cunning and clever. And can ‘play the game’ with the best of them, and Aurelio is a master at it.

She could sense he is holding back, keeping himself at a distance which she understood, as she too is doing the same, there is much about her he has yet to discover and over time .. he will. Her nose moved only slightly to brush against his, “You have secrets”, she began once more with a hint of accusation and a growing smile, “I have secrets as well .. it is what makes us, deliciously dangerous”.

Aerin moved away and turned toward BlackWing, she would not ask more questions of him for now. She once more mounted her stallion and indicated for Aurelio to do the same. “We must move on now”, sitting high in the saddle, she turned to him. “We must make the bridge before the sun sets, or else we will become victim of the night creatures”.

------------------------------------------------

The two hour ride saw them reach the desired place. A clearing by the edge of the ancient road. Tall trees would stand sentinel over them through the night, a rocky outcrop would afford them some relief from the cold and proved some means to keep the warmth from the fire around them. A river for bathing if so desired although icy cold to the touch.

Aerin dismounted and began to unpack the burdened horse, laying all items on the ground. She unbridled all the horses, placed their saddles high to keep the moisture away from the leather and released them to freedom for the night. The three horses ran toward the grasses, kicking up their hooves and whining. She casted her eye over Aurelio, looking him over and smiling.

“We need as much dry wood as we can find for the night”, she looked over his shoulder and nodded for his direction to take to forage and she would go the opposite. Aerin had returned quickly, with her arms carrying a bundle which she soon had ignited, Aurelio’s will fuel the fire for the night. While she awaited his return, Aerin set about making the bedding and preparing the dinner. On the morrow they would have to hunt.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Deliciously dangerous.

It was a phrase of [member="Ærin Firebrand"]'s that summed her up perfectly, and one that the baron couldn't get out of his head as they continued to travel and even while he was collecting wood with his usual lack of enthusiasm when it came to physical labor. Back before they continued riding Aurelio had tried to seduce her into dropping the subject of his ambitions, but where most men and women simply folded under the weight of his charm the shieldmaiden had both pointed his attempts at manipulation out while even turning the tables on him. His plan had backfired as his passions flared, and even after some time to cool off the moment continued to run through his head. Aerin was far craftier than she was letting on, or was it simply his own arrogance that blinded him to it?

In any case he had to return with the kindling, quickly arriving at the campsite with a bundle of wood while thanking whatever higher powers existed that he was wearing one of their fur coats and not one of his good ones. Aurelio had brought some decent pieces back from the forest, but most of it was whatever the socialite considered convenient to grab up, which meant that quite a few of them were...not as good. The young man was not a survivalist in any way, proven on Hoth and now proven here again as he tossed the wood on the ground in a messy pile before laying down on the prepared bedding.

"Far too much work for a man such as myself." He placed his hands behind his head, glancing over at Aerin with a smirk before looking up at the stars, "Next time we go on an adventure I'll just get us a room at a decent hotel, but I guess this isn't too bad if it forces us to sleep closely for warmth."

She face remained stoic as she threw some of the twigs Aurelio collected onto the fire. They burned quickly and crackled with the intense heat, there was no real need for them save for cleaning up the camp site a little. However, he had collected pieces of hard wood that would burn longer through the night. As the two would be trying their best to sleep, in the cold conditions, there would be no one to attend the fire, it mattered little. Through the flames her eyes darted over to where he lay. Her eyes took in his physicality from head to toe before coming to rest once more upon his face. The figure of the man is very pleasing to her eyes, as is his ways, she had already begun to form strong feelings for him, but now he began to intrigue her. Secrets always do. A small grin turned up her mouth as little did Aurelio know that only a short twenty minute ride over the bridge and they could be warm within an Inn and a comfortable room. He would find out tomorrow as they would pass it.

"Hmm", she voiced, as she picked up a thicker stick and lifted it and looked at it as if to examine it, "This.. of course is a stick", she said without looked at him, but placed the end of it in the fire until it ignited. "Until it ignites with the flames, it begins to burn, to smolder .. and then .. it becomes something else". She now looked into his face. "It becomes a firebrand. A Firebrand .. will keep you warm at night". After giving her account of the definition of her name, she stood up and threw the stick on the fire and the flames wrapped around it.

Aerin turned and went for the food in the saddle bags. She placed them by Aurelio as he lay there looking into the night sky. "Would you mind preparing the meal, I am going to bathe", she said. Regardless of her Valkyri blood, the ice cold water did not appeal to Aerin, but remaining gritty from the days efforts less so. She feels the cold conditions as well, even though her race is adapt there is a good reason they wear fur pelts. Aerin collected her change of clothes and went to the small waterfalls where she knew of a pool.

Peeling off her clothing, she found a tree on which to hang her leathers, undergarments and coat, she reached up to untie her red hair from its plait, now released her hair fell down her back to below her waist . The only thing to adorn her body is the rays of the rising moon. She wasted no time entering the water, to hesitate would only result in a failure, and so she dived in. Aerin resurfaced quickly and gasped for air and the ice water shocked her body.

"For the love of the Gods!", she yelled and began to laugh, maybe she should have taken them to the Inn after all. Aerin would only remain moments more before getting out and drying herself as best she could. Quickly dressing in her white night clothes and wrapping her fur coat around her tight, she would soon be back to sit by the fire to dry her hair.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
Aurelio watched his traveling companion walk off towards the natural waters before muttering under his breath and opening the traveling bags containing their food supplies. The young baron's entire life had been softened by various servants who did everything that had to be done for him and was completely unused to surviving under less-than-ideal conditions until his little adventure on Hoth, making this little journey in the wilderness just about unbearable, with only Aerin keeping him alive with her mastery of the wild and savage nature of her planet. She truly was a firebrand in that respect, keeping him safe and warm from the brutal cold that dominated Hoth and here to a lesser extent.

Soon enough the food was out and prepared as best as a spoiled noble could do it, and when [member="Ærin Firebrand"] returned to sit by the fire Aurelio presented some of the prepared meats and cheeses to her while sitting down near her, the spread out cloth covered in food between them. The baron watched her dry her hair and found himself thinking in a manner not befitting of proper gentlemen, but did not squash such thoughts as quickly as he should have. She was far too beautiful for him to do that.

"I couldn't help but hear you yelling out there miss Firebrand." He said with his usual mischievous grin, "Could it be that some cold water was a bit too much for the mighty shieldmaiden?" Aurelio moved to lie down on his side, propping his head up with an arm to continue looking and smiling at her, "Now if we were on a slightly more agreeable world I could still take you to a nice resort, where we could actually enjoy ourselves and each other while not being forced to constantly do such chores. You should join me off this world sometime and experience true luxury."

She turned her head away to place the drying cloth on a bag, this also gave her the opportunity to hide the smile on her face. However, as she turned back, her face took on a neutral expression, all feigned of course as internally she was fighting for control. Aerin did not look at him, but gave her attention to the laid out food. They are not dinning in a banqueting hall of opulence or about to fest on the finest cuisines the galaxy could offer, but to Aerin, she would be nowhere else.

“Why would I want for five stars, when I have trillions right here”, she ask as she looked to the night sky, and lifted her hand with a grand sweeping gesture, oh so melodramatically. Aerin looked down into his face and into his eyes, her smile returning giving up the ‘game’. A game he had started of course, and would eventually win. She only wished to show him, she could match it with the best of the best.

Aerin laughed as she looked away and began to eat, “You should eat you know, you will need your strength”. However, Aerin hardly touched her food, her mind focused on Aurelio lying near her. She would catch herself casting a glance toward him and wondering what possible mysteries are shrouded by those clothes. “After the meal, Baron Murtix, I set you a challenge, to enter the waters and best me, if you do this you have my word I will travel anywhere you wish off this, less then agreeable world, and take up your offer of tasting true luxury”.

Aerin knew he would not fall for this ‘deal’. So she added incentive. “The cold water will actually do some good for your shoulder. Of course this will affect you more then I, so.. I will personally make sure you are warmed up on your return”.

As she looked into his emerald eyes once more, her own would betray her with her thoughts.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
The thrill-seeker that was Aurelio couldn't help but grin after hearing Aerin's challenge, wondering if he could actually summon the willpower and motivation to do it as well as just what warming him up would entail. He stared deeply into her eyes as he popped a piece of meat into his mouth and quickly swallowed it, then slowly moved to his feet before looking up at the dazzling set of stars that the shieldmaiden had presented as a better alternative to his luxurious preferences. On one hand their brilliance could not be denied, but on the other living outside like this would be impossible for the pampered man after too long. He could live without the lovely sight of the stars if it meant a comfortable existence, but it was the lovely sight that was Aerin which made him put some actual thought into it all.

"I accept your little wager dear Aerin," He spoke with his usual overconfidence as he began walking towards her, stopping only to give her a quick wink before continuing towards the direction she had disappeared into before, "and once I win you'll come to appreciate my lifestyle after living the life for a while."

It wasn't long before he reached the waters in question, and then began to disrobe slowly as the dreaded thought of going into its most likely freezing depths began to truly dawn on him. Soon enough he was completely disrobed, and standing over the water while already feeling a chill run through his body from the blowing wind. Aurelio took a deep breath, counted to ten, then closed his eyes and let himself fall forward towards the water while opening his eyes and wishing that he could still stop the inevitable. Sadly he could not, and as soon as his naked skin became submerged in the icy cold water he came up with an incredibly loud yell of what could be taken as intense displeasure before scrambling out as quickly as possible.

After shivering in a bundle of his clothing for a minute or two he worked up the strength to get to the warmth of the fire,doing his best to hide the fact that he was shivering, incredibly cold, and still quite naked underneath the fur coat that was wrapped around as tightly as possible. Aurelio dropped himself as close to the fire as he safely could, then turned to meet [member="Ærin Firebrand"]'s gaze once more.

"T-That...w-was easy!"

Every fibre of her being wanted to jump up and go watch him do this. She knew he would never deny the challenge, it would have surprised her otherwise. Instead she remained by the fire side, looking into the glowing embers, her mind replaying that cheeky wink before he left and his words, they too repeated themselves. She will go with regardless, to see his world, his lifestyle and just simply to spend time with him.

The first thing she heard was the loud splash, which echoed around the clearing in the still of the night. In her mind she began a countdown, two or three seconds later, the most colourful language she had ever heard filled the night and scattered the sleeping avian. She quickly placed her hands to her mouth, her fingers pressing her lips to stop a laugh escaping from them, her shoulders shook as a smile formed under the fingers.

Before she had time to gather herself, Aurelio had returned wrapped up in his fur coat and sat close to the fire. Aerin dropped her hands away from her mouth as he looked at her, “Invigorating isn’t it?”

Aerin stood up and moved toward him, she knelt down behind him as he sat shivering, the fire would help of course, but she could do better. Her hand reached up to the collar of the coat and tugged trying to expose his shoulders which proved difficult as he had such a tight grip on the coat. “Seems I have lost the challenge and will go with you wherever you wish”, she smiled as her hand rested on his firm skin where his neck meets his shoulders. Aerin, using the force, pushed energy and healing through her hands to warm him, the effect immediate as his skin would tingle under her touch summoning warmth to the blood and body. She leaned forward close to his ear and whispered. “To spend time living in luxury, not such a bad bet to loose?, and now as promised I will warm you up”.

Her hands slipped away from his neck as she moved her body to side of him. Reaching a hand to his jaw she turned his face toward her, and for a moment she allowed herself the indulgence of playing in the groove of his cleft chin with a finger, before leaning in, parting her lips and pressing them against his full lips to kissing him. The chill of the night immediately left her body, as she too had sort warmth from the glowing radiant fire. “It is time we went to bed, Aurelio”, she said as she pulled away, and moved to the furs on the ground.

She parted the furs of the Alk that made up their bedding, dark in colour and soft to the skin and excellent in keeping away the cold of night, even if it was to snow. Aerin moved in between the furs and left room for Aurelio to join her.

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
The usually fiery baron was now feeling the cost of his "victory", shivering intensely despite the closeness, almost unbearably so, of the fire. For a moment he wondered if he would meet his end thanks to hypothermia or something related, all because he had to show off to the pretty girl, but his concerns were soon made nonexistent as Aerin made her move, earning her name as she used her incredible abilities to revitalize him. Aurelio sighed in relief upon actually feeling his limbs again, but momentarily lost himself as his usual savior whispered enticing words into his ears, which were growing warm from more than just Aerin's force powers. It was as if she was putting him under a passionate spell of sorts, expelling just about everything from his mind that didn't have to do with all things Aerin.

This warmth in his ears was also ignored however as the shieldmaiden made her move, adjusting Aurelio's head before embracing his lips with her own, and with that the spell was finally cast as a new feeling began to rise within the young man while Aerin pulled away, set up their bedding, and invited him into the furs. The cocky baron could only smile as he followed [member="Ærin Firebrand"] with the fur jacket still held around his naked body, moving to lie down beside her as the single thought that drives many men ran through his mind, but it was then that Aurelio remembered some of his mother's advice, and found himself choosing to sleep with the red-headed beauty back-to-back instead of snuggling up to her like he originally intended. Aurelio, a noble baron and the last true scion of his family, needed to be in control...not losing himself to his emotions and desires. If he let himself be buried in these feelings too soon before the plans were set into motion he would give into the comforts of it all and his ambitions would never be fulfilled.

Even if the woman in question was quite easily able to rile him up. Possibly the first woman to do so in so spectacular a fashion.

"Thanks for saving me from a cold and undignified death Aerin." He said with a forced chuckled as he stared into the fire, "Now...let's get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a decently busy day I bet."

Of course there was a part of Aurelio that wanted nothing more than to simply turn over and embrace her as passionately as she did with that kiss, but maybe when he wasn't in such an...embarrassing position. Still, he allowed himself the comfort of moving his hand about until he found hers and held it for a few moments longer than he originally intended before letting go.

"Sweet dreams shieldmaiden."

[member="Aurelio Murtix"]

“We do have a long ride tomorrow Aurelio and we both need our rest”, she whispered as he took her hand. Her own entwining with his and gently squeezing before he let it go. “And sweet dreams to you my Baron”. Conflict raged within her mind and body, her inbuilt intrigrity and sense of pride ingrained her from her father, warred with her desire and caring for the man. Noble she is, but she is also a woman and has a burning ‘need’ of him. Aerin would have given anything for him to have turned around, but he too has his values and desires which will not be compromised. It is this strength and burning desire of his that she loves.

Aerin turned on her side and pulled her arms around herself to capture the warm of her own body. As she is closest to a large log acting as a break against the night’s cold air, she stared at the wood pattern as many things ran through her mind. [SIZE=10.5pt] The plight of the Prince and what is needed to be done for that situation, her biological father and her connection to him but in relationship and his imprinting on her nature, and of course the immediate .. Aurelio. What had she gotten him into? Aerin wondered if she had the right to involve him in such a danger undertaking, even though she knew he delighted in such things. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She felt his body shift slightly to gain comfort and she did the same, only bringing her closer to him as their backs touched. She would not move of course, it was nice to feel him there close to her. Even though she was not aware if sleep had claimed him, Aerin turned around. Her arm reached for him, for his waist and she held close as her head rested against his back. The delight of him near her, helped to remove all the thoughts from her mind, and she began to sleep. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The morning would come soon enough, much too soon. [/SIZE]

Aurelio Murtix

The Ambitious Noble
The young noble slept through the night quite well, surprisingly for someone who had never really slept outside like this, and this thought ran through Aurelio's mind as his eyes opened to the sight of daylight and a dwindling flame that was their roaring source of heat the night before surrounded by ashes. He could hear birds singing their little songs and watched the trees sway with the wind, both in wonder and in a bit of shock that he wasn't eaten by any local animals during the night as he once feared, then began to slowly rise before he felt himself being restrained. It was only then that Aurelio realized that [member="Ærin Firebrand"] had snuggled up to him during his slumber, the usual thoughts in the back of his mind when he turned his head to see her face, and with gentle hands he slowly removed hers from his waist before turning his body to giving her a quick kiss on the cheek and exit their fur bedding without waking her up.

Once outside of the safety of the blankets however he finally got a taste for how cold it still was, especially not that he remembered he wasn't actually wearing any pants. Aurelio began moving towards his abandoned clothes from the night before after his little stunt, with speed and stealth being important factors in this little game if he wanted to escape the chill and yet not wake Aerin up. Eventually he was able to get his own trousers on, feeling a sudden cold as he did so before they began to warm up, and once that situation was dealt with the baron finished putting on the rest of his clothes...even though he was a bit upset that he was wearing the same outfit two days in a row. Although the red-headed warrior made it more bearable for him to be out here, Aurelio wished to be waking up in a place that at least had proper room service.

"Such indignities..." He muttered under his breath as he looked around, the beauty of the landscape not exactly catching his eye when such thoughts troubled him. If he was suddenly dropped in such a place on his own it wouldn't have been long before death became an inescapable outcome, but at least he had lovely company to once again save him from the true savagery of survival in the wilderness. The baron continued to think about her and how he ended up here as he sat down on a log, and waited for the shield maiden to rise from her beauty sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom