Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Study in the Art .. [Kiskla Grayson]

Coruscant
Reflection Gardens
@[member="Kiskla Grayson"]​
Her eyes lifted to the tree tops, as a whispering breeze voiced it's song through the leaves of the utmost branches. Her feet gently shifted around the grass, the leather on her boots kicking up the small beads of moisture on the blades which coated them. The sun is high in the sky over Coruscant but out of view, the light however, cast it's shadows long across the well manicured lawns. Coci neared the arranged place to meet with Master Grayson.

By the waters of a small pool the moss grew, tiny plants lushes with life and colour and soft to the touch, one of Coci's favourite plants as she imagined what life forms resided with in the mosses, almost mystical in their hidden realms. Turning her gaze over the water of the pool, light danced there sending reflections of the trees into her black eyes. Her eyes a thing of beauty, in the sense of their talent, pitch black when gazed upon and pierced, piercing to the point to see more then most sentient beings. A gift .. as she calls it .. one unknown of it origins.

For the moment, she looked deep below the surface of the pool to see the small aquatic creatures going about their business of life. There is an Art in being small and surviving especially within this galaxy. She took in a deep breath and grabbed the folds of her cloak and wrapped them tight around her body, more for comfort then to keep away the cold. Another whisper spoke to her, this time flowing to her within the force, a presence now known to her and of a woman she respected greatly.

For most of her life, Kiskla had been a generalist -- reaching out to learn as much as she could. Constantly, however, she applied a particular Art to her being. The Art of the Small was at work; manipulating the very skin she was in. Her face was pure only because of her concentration becoming a habit -- it concealed the tattoos that identified her as Kiffu's heir and the General of the Guardians.

This was not something she would be revealing in today's lesson. It was not something she would ever reveal.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"] was someone that she had been running into more and more these days. She had assisted in the reconstruction of Ahto City, and had played a major role in the arrest of the Ladies of the Cauldron. The least Kiskla could do for her fellow Jedi was to respond to her message requesting her assistance in this ancient technique. The reflective gardens of Coruscan'ts temple was an excellent choice. Water was one of the things the blonde Jedi saw beauty in each time she saw it; no matter it's form. Perhaps it's because she was used to a desert world, but had been trained in the lake countries of Naboo.

"Knight Sinopi," Kiskla greeted, dipping at the waist as she entered the facility. As usual, she didn't don the traditional Jedi robes. Instead, she wore black -- as it was a tradition of her people. You couldn't see blood on black. Her tunic was more asymmetrical than it was drapey, and beneath it were tight black slacks, and black boots that rose over her ankle. "Thank you for reaching out to me.

Why is it you want to learn Art of the Small?"

A broad smile crossed her face, a rare event for her. She turned to greet the Master Jedi as her voice touched her ears, and with a respectful bow equal to the one [member="Kiskla Grayson"] gave her, she stood tall. For the moment, Coci ignored her surroundings and the hive of activity going on around them as the park wild life voiced protest to their presence, no doubt they had intruded on a battle for territory.

"Master Grayson, I thank you for accepting my call for training", she began as she stood in front of the Master Jedi dressed in her day clothes. "As you are aware I am ... well two things, one, an agent for the Republic within the GIA and two, a Jedi and more and more I find myself working closely with them. I do not have to tell of the need for skills that require secrecy and stealth, of which I am training and to be stronger as both agent and Jedi coupled with the desire to perform my duty and serve to protect, I wish to better myself in order to achieve this".

"The Art of Small, will aid me in this endeavour and help me become a skilled Jedi, one what will perform her tasks to the best of her ability", she offered as response.

Kiskla nodded. A simple enough answer from [member="Coci Sinopi"], but not sparing on the practicality of reasoning.

"The Art of the Small is a...vast art indeed. It can be used in many applications." She lifted one of her hands and separated her fingers, as she did so, her sun-kissed flesh soon became stained with rings of black above her knuckles. Quukufs she received as an indicator of her Freya bloodline. But that was only part of the puzzle, and revealing her miniature strips of ink wouldn't be as devastating as her facial tattoos.

"I use it daily to manipulate the ink on my skin." She grinned "Call it vanity." It wasn't vanity. It was a precaution. She would never jeopardize her people. Especially with the pending tensions between The Protectorate and The Republic.

"Perhaps you can explore these applications later, but for your purposes, in minimizing your presence -- that's the first step to learn the rest of the Art's application." With a gesture, Kiskla indicated that they should sit. And, she folded her long legs and sat, curling her shoulders to ward off the cold and stay as covered by her fabric as possible. She was used to heat, being from a desert and all.

"First of all, I want you to relax. Meditate. Feel your essence within The Force, and then feel it relative to mine, to the fauna's and the flora's around you. Feel every bit of life within these gardens relative to your own."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom