Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A source for all force powers and how to learn them?

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
is there already one on the site, or could this be turned into one, give me feedback peeps, it would also be good to get some RP judges to actually tell if a force power is OP or not here!

We have a wookiee for a list of Force Powers. As for us contributing to a list (thereby making it a staff sanctioned list, which would likely force us to ban/limit powers...)

ronswanson-interested2.gif

[member="Aerin The Lost"]

Everything flies until it doesn't.

You want to be a padawan throwing kinetite? Go for it. But if someone reports you, Staff will step in and likely request an edit of some sort.

Long and short, be reasonable. We're here for fun, we're not here to win.

Edit: You can do both those things. You can likely expect to be reported for it.

What's the quote I see every now and then?

The Force is limitless, your ability to use it is not.

If you act with restraint and limitations for your characters and conduct them in a manner balanced between strengths and weaknesses, you'll be surprised what sorts of things you can do with them that won't earn the ire of your fellow RPers. People who write their characters contrary to this are the ones that tend to get reported.

Aerin Kath

Sentinel of the Outback.
[member="Yarva Adisu"] I'd like this more to be a resource for people new to the site, I'm sorry if this would put a strain for you guys.

pls I wasn't trying to god mode, someone told me I could x3

A good way to go about that is to ask a question if you think it might be a problem.

If you're trying to use a Force Power purely because you want to win, you should probably not be doing that. If you're picking a power because someone else has used it, you should probably not be doing that.

If you've thought it out and decided that this particular power is well-suited to your character, their history, and their present Force strength, then go for it. No one likes seeing a Padawan trying to sling Force Storm or Spears of Midnight Black around. As long as it fits and you put in the leg work to train the power and use, and you're fair to the other writers on the board, then you're good.

So basically, Wheaton's Law (Don't be a dick) is pretty much a safe bet.

Oh I wasn't chiding you for anything. The board has a history and general policy from the top down to be as free and nonrestrictive as possible when it comes to what the individual writer can do, insofar as they're willing to put forth the work decreed to get what they're aiming for.

Some things were deemed simply too problematic, or too prone for abuse, to ever be allowed. Anything that would be thrown out as an instant kill against a person or persons is pretty much a no-go. Anything that tries to force a godmodding action (I did X, so now you're Y) is also a no go.

Some of the best writers on the board have Force powers that don't have direct applications in a fight, whose use of the Force is done as a pure extension of their character concept as opposed to being a tool to beat others in a fight.

And really, when in doubt, talk to a staff member or talk to whomever you might be writing with. Talk to them about what you're looking to accomplish for your character. Collaboration is a wonderful thing that can help many people avoid drama and ensure that people are happy with the outcome of a thread. At the very least it can ensure that certain actions aren't misinterpreted.

sabrina

There is always natural progression, if some thing you know is threat to you, then it is only natural to find a way to counter it.

So if you keep get beat by a particular force power or toy, then it is only natural for you to find ways of countering it. (or if you know of it)

This how character development is done

i.e. tech wise

[member="Ayden Cater"] has spotted every stealth ship I have ever made, making a new one to counter his crystal gravity traps

i.e. force wise

I now I am vulnerable to forcebreaker grenades and lizards

So I use rebreathers, and stay at distance
and work on other way to nullify that advantage

as it's only natural to find ways to make yourself less weak especially if your sith

Disclaimer: This may just be the engineer in me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom