Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sith academy (Want to see who's interested)

Hey everyone,

Well I have been thinking and have been on this forum for quite a while now, but what seems to be missing is the lack at the imperial side at least a real sith academy (Like how it is handled within swtor for example or any star wars game) Everyone instantly gets a sith master (Sith lord) without much of a challenge ahead of them to become a sith knight. I personally find it lacking a good character development.

If we had looked back at the academies, there were never real sith masters who were thinking like, 'Ooh that's a promising acolyte' without proving anything first. They were always first trained by an overseer (A sith knight as rank) and through them at the end, they were able to get a master. Yes, the sith side is FAR more dangerous within the acolyte years. That's just how it is. Jedi's prefer a safer way to teach their initiates/padawans. The sith want to have the strongest people within their rankings and if they are weak, they die simple as that.

Now what I was wondering, would people be interested setting up a realistic sith academy, where the acolytes get's challenges over and over again. Yes, students will die far easier but, that's the fun of it, you always have to present yourself at your best (not through powergaming of course, lol) Where an overseer takes a small group and trains them, gives them assignments and all of that.

Sawa Ike

The Dark Matriarch Darth Shōjō
This is an interesting idea, if you have some solid ideas bring them to [member="Darth Junra"] [member="Darth Isolda"] [member="Darth Mierin"] who are the leaders of the One Sith with @Ordo. They may have a way to help make this or ideas. As it stands right now the apprentices are showing their skill in the invasions

[member="Sawa Ike"]

The thing is though sometimes even NEW acolytes directly go to the invasions. It should have actually be a suicide mission for them. Same for jedi's sending initiate's.

SPOILERS!....kinda

In swtor invasions are nothing, with the light side force users both of them stop a force that could destroy the Jedi!

and the Sith are sent on suicide missions every second.

I think nether side cares for their initiates any more.

[member="Fitachi"]

Most acolytes in One Sith are not just random acolytes without a master, many of us are trained by Sith Lords and Knights from the beginning, and go into invasions only after being properly trained. Those who go in without any training are clearly doomed from the start, I agree, but many of us are trained, a rank title under our avatar is not exactly a very good way to judge our real skills. Some of us are farther along than others. I, for example, am being trained by [member="Darth Veles"] in a very rule of two-style training. The idea of an Academy is great, to an extent, except that it invites the very same things that both Darth Revan and Darth Bane saw as an achilles heel in the Sith order, that of the use of numbers and manipulations to kill their masters and seize their "power", causing a generational weakness that continued to stagger to its knees with each master and apprentice cycle. This was why the Rule of Two was established, and though the One Sith is going by the Rule of One, it is still applicable.

Renato Sarkin

R
A good idea but like some others have said there are new acolytes and then there are new acolytes. For example my One SIth character trained at an academy (Korriban kind of fudging it's control by the Republic with a simple he left before that happened :p ) before joining the One Sith. Then went through a dominion or two, a side mission or two lead by Lords before jumping into invasions ultimately growing to Knighthood through battle tested means and not say years under the direct instruction of a Overseer or Sith Lord.

Still like the idea though.

[member="Fitachi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom