Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Simple Business Arrangement

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Thread Reposted with @[member="Domino"]'s permission.

Started by Valik, Oct 09 2013 07:49 PM

4 replies to this topic
#1 Valik
Valik

* Mad Scientist of the Sith

* 424 posts

Excellent
Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:49 PM
The Sith and the Black Sun had always had a relationship of sorts, they were not hostile, and they managed some trade, but it was not an overly friendly one, more neutral, out of necessity and location.

This lead itself to an interesting business opportunity. Word had it that one of the Black Sun's members had obtained a large quantity of a previously unknown species from the planet hoth. Seeing as the Omega Protectorate was not keen to share, the Black Sun was his only option for obtaining samples of this new species.

So here Valik was, but he was not himself. With the alchemical talent he had he could reconstruct his face as he wished, and thus appeared to the twi'lek contact as an old Umbaran, bald as a gungan.

"Will I be obtaining the package here or shall I have to retrieve them at another location." He asked the young rutian Twi'lek

#2 Domino
Domino

* Warden of the Ice

* 640 posts

Excellent
Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:19 PM
Domino rubber her forehead, already exhausted by hours of paperwork and the efforts of running two criminal organizations and a company all at once, and now there was this. She could feel the power of the darkside practically thrumming through this older gentleman. She wasn't sure who he really was, but if this Umbaran wanted to pretend to be a normal person she wasn't going to stop him. "The skiff from the breeding facility should be arriving soon with your two hundred Ropos." Leaning back in her chair, she paused while an intern served them with tea or cafe, whichever her guest preferred. "May I ask your intentions towards them? I don't mind someone reselling them in another market, but I feel I should remind you that they are neutered." The lady of crime did have a monopoly to protect after all.

#3 Valik
Valik

* 424 posts

Excellent
Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:52 PM
"The empire wishes to discover if they have might have any capacity for intelligence, through training or genetic modification. A creature of such an . . . unassuming nature could be useful." Valik replied. "In truth, the inability to breed them ourselves is a bit regrettable, but we assume that should we require more that more purchases would be available in the future." The 'Umbaran' said, as he took a cup of tea from the girl's intern, and took a small sip.

"I would like to ask however, that we could purchase more for our initial shipment. My master has authorized me enough currency for quite a bit more than two hundred at our negotiated price." The Umbaran requested. "How many liquid Ropos do you have currently?"

#4 Domino
Domino

* Warden of the Ice

* 640 posts

Excellent
Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:37 AM
Taking a moment to scroll through a pad, Domino began to slowly shake her head. "Not many I'm afraid. They're just too high in demand in civilian markets and we have supply contracts with several chains. If we were to do a monthly shipment we could easily grow to meet your needs, but I'm afraid that this deal is already cutting into the reserves." Yeah, they kept Ropo reserves. She'd been surprised when one of her business managers had mentioned it, but apparently it was needed in case a shipment failed to arrive or came in half dead for some reason. Being able to promptly replace them kept the chains happy and another potential headache away. It wasn't like they could go elsewhere, but they complained loudly and demanded discounts, never-mind if she'd just lost an entire ship and crew (who's families expected compensation) to pirates, their profits were down half a percent, bastards. She'd stopped dealing with them altogether, other people could handle it.

#5 Valik
Valik

* 424 posts

Excellent
Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:43 PM
"That is understandable. I will not press further." Valik said, before putting his tea down and taking out a briefcase. He opened it for a moment, then took a second to count it, making sure everything was in order, before showing the opened briefcase to the twi'lek business woman.

"A sum of 300,000 credits, and you'll find they are unmarked in any electronic or biological tracking method. 200,000 for the ropos, and an extra hundred because my master wishes to be . . . discreet in this purchase. I trust this is acceptable?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom