Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Potential Change of Plans

Hazel Zanteres

The Angel/Devil on your Shoulder
So, in the wake of the introduction of the Major Faction Diplomatic Exchanges, an idea has been proposed to me that I've personally found interesting and would ensure that the OSL remain Major, but will be able to still maintain our connections and openings to RP with other factions.

I've been speaking with some of the GA folks, who suggested the idea that rather than the Sacred Lotus going completely minor, the planets could be folded into the GA's influence while maintaining OSL as it is in its entirety.

I'll tag [member="Zark"] here given he's been my main point of discussion in the GA about this idea. So he can further detail anything that I may have missed.

Obviously there isn't just a decision for me to make, as it will involve the faction as a whole and want to see what everything else; that are still active within the faction, thinks of the idea.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
7bBZ3vg.gif

On one hand yes, I love the idea of testing it out the new system, but I only if everyone is on-board. Some might not be very GA-positive and I'd rather be all inclusive.

That said...

Perhaps if we agreed with the condition that no violent invasions are had over Monastery or something similar? If the FO want it then it will have to be a diplomatic exchange all over again, but the point of no violence to stand.

I still kinda support just going minor instead though.

Hey guys, [member="Zark"] here! I just wanted to say a few words to address any of the concerns some of you may have about a decision like this, not to try to sway you but just so you have a more complete picture of what this would mean from a GA staff perspective.

First, like I said to [member="Hazel Zanteres"] privately, we would have no short or long term plans to swoop in and slap an Alliance starbird on everything. As far as I am concerned, let Sacred Lotus space be Sacred Lotus space. The Alliance is a very laissez faire, independent, do your own thing kind of faction, and I don't see any real IC problem with taking that a step farther into some sort of protectorate status for Monastery and its neighboring worlds. Personally, I love the Monastery fluff and have no interest in giving any of the worlds any kind of make over.

Second, on an OOC level participation in invasion threads, or heck even dominion threads, is by no means compulsory. We have a ton of members who enjoy doing faction or skirmish stuff more than anything else, and on an IC level I am aware of both the past and current relationship the OSL has had with the First Order, and the GA is not interested in stepping on any toes there. Remaining neutral for the duration of the conflict/negotiating some sort of off limits stipulation for targeting of your space by the First Order would not be a deal breaker, and I know if Irajah is super nice to Natasi they would probably be willing to leave you alone about it too.

Finally, this decision is up to you guys, and I'd like to stress that there will be no hard feelings if things just don't work out with this whole thing. I know being a part of a larger major isn't the environment for everyone, and I certainly don't want to come across as trying to kick people off of their own playground. I can only promise that, should you decide to go this route, we'll do everything we can on our side to make the transition as seamless as possible and pretty much let you guys keep doing exactly what you've been doing, only with maybe some more GA PCs showing up every once in a while.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions/comments/concerns that you think I could address, but otherwise I'll take a step back now and let you all discuss.

Elisea Apollodor

E
I honestly would prefer we'd go minor rather than fold underneath someone else's banner to be quite honest. I also love the idea of being independent and remaining as we have been in the past as a neutral party catering to neither the GA or the FO. And if that's not possible then let's go minor until it is possible to be the neutral major faction again.

[member="Hazel Zanteres"] I say do it. In my experience, the GA has been pretty good about respecting the sub-factions under its belt. I don't think they expect the OSL to change its mandate, which is exactly what makes it special. The move would keep the OSL in the spotlight, and help attract a more dedicated member base.

Whatever is decided, we need to start doing more group activities. I see a lot of individual activity from some of the remaining members, so then let's put some of that energy to use to do a thing together. I'll be throwing up a humanitarian themed thread soon that may interest the OSL. I'll tag you all in it. Feel free to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom