Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start

[member="Lady Kay"]

Darben made up his mind after his week long stay. Going from bar to place of gambling, or simply sitting on his bed. He wasn't a very active person. He looked over some reports, and one of them had sidetracked him. He suddenly felt lucky after hearing what happened on Corellia, having left when he did. Hopefully for him, Commenor would stay peaceful.

Using his datapad, Darben sent a message to his soon-to-be-employer. "Shall we meet in your office?" Looking back on it, it was a rather silly question to ask. Where else would they meet? He readied some stuff he would take with him, his datapad and backpack with some personal records of trading he had managed in the past. And this time, he planned to leave without Mute, who slept rather peacefully. Darben had picked that name for her recently. It fit, or at least to the trader it did.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay was busy going over some permits when she got the message. There was at least one Embassy under construction and there was the possibility of a second. She just wasn't quite sure if she had wanted to approve it yet. It was a gamble, so there was much weighing of pros and cons. The message took her out of those thoughts though. Ahhh, the trader and potential new Minister of Finance. He had some good ideas about how to fix things. And if they worked, well they were all part of a plan that she had set in motion the day after she won the Presidency, all of it in a bid to make Commenor as great as it once was.

She shipped up a short reply. ~Yes, thank you.~ And sent the message on it's way. That was that. Now she waited, not sure if he would come alone or with the little girl. Regardless, Kay finished her tea and let security know that she had a guest on his way.

[member="Lady Kay"]

As he waited, Darben paced around. Only four steps into the pacing, the reply came. All he could think was how quick it was. Then when he read it, he saw it was a short reply. No matter, not like that mattered. He shouldered his pack with everything, and left the building. And this time, he crossed the street. He should have thought about that, since the crossing was further up than he originally thought. He wanted to stretch his legs, but not that much. A few strange looks went his way. But he paid no mind.

When Darben came to the palace, he was already panting and huffing. He really needed to work on his cardio. The trader did not take his time and instead ran, or more jogged, through the palace to what he remembered to be Lady Kay's office. "Miss..Kay...I..I regret walking..here..." He went over and took a seat, wiping beads of sweat from his forehead with a cloth he brought with him. "So..Shall we?" Darben didn't think for a moment about the girl, as he had a job to get.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay raised a brow slightly as he came in all out of breath as if he had been running. That was a little odd, but nothing to fret about. She picked up her datapad and walked over to him, holding it out for him to take and read. Displayed on it was the contract, non-disclosure agreements and background check for security purposes. "Here you are. It's pretty basic, I don't ask for too much other than you always being honest and forthcoming. We all need to work together as a team if we want Commenor to prosper once again."

She looked past him a bit, noting that his little shadow wasn't with him. But she could be waiting just outside the door for all that she knew. Or maybe she was waiting back at the hotel. These kinds of things can be pretty dull.

Darben took the datapad in hand. In turn with his other hand, he took his pack off. Which he wished was not drenched as much as his back. "Eh..Sorry." He would have rubbed the back of his neck had both hands not been full. Inside were all the traders he had worked with, all the deals he had made. His own private journal. He listened after placing the bag next to him, observing the datapad. That was simple enough. He was honest. Even in gambling he was honest. Probably why he lost quite a bit in gambling.

"I'll tell no lies. I can promise you that" he said as he stretched out a hand. "So, we have a deal then?" Many questions rushed around, like where he would stay, where he would go, but most of it had been handed to him on a silver platter. He only needed to take that platter with everything on it and keep it in a safe place. Cause that platter was his job.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

He was a sweaty one, that was for sure. But it was summer on Commenor and the weather can be a bit hot and humid in Chasin City. She reached out and placed her hand in his, giving it a soft, yet firm shake. "We do. Shall I show you to your office?" She eyed his backpack and noticed that it seemed full of documents. "And what is it that you have brought with you, if I may ask?" It could be everything that he owned. Kay knew fully well what it was like to have nothing. She had hit rock bottom and picked herself back up again with the help of her friends. It wasn't as though she was an alcoholic or addict, she just lost everything that she had and was homeless/penniless for a few weeks. Her pride had kept her from immediately reaching out. That and she was punishing herself for her mistakes. So perhaps she knew what Darben was going through.

Darben Skirae nodded, standing to move. Until she acknowledged his pack. "That is all the trades I've done. Thought you might want a more wider look on what I have done." He started for the door. As he did, he began to wonder. She was most kind, and he knew he was going to like it here. Although he also decided that living in the palace, he would not do. A big place like this, it was simply too much. An apartment seemed to be more fit for him. But for now, the subject had not arisen so he kept himself hushed, ready for the grand tour of his new workplace.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay nodded as he described what was in his backpack. She might have to take a look at that. But all in good time, of course. She led him down the hallway to the left wing. Guards were standing at their posts. Given that things weren't entirely safe yet on Commenor, she had to be careful.

Once at the third door on the right, she opened it and stepped aside to allow Darben to walk in first.

tyler-edlin-12637102-10153770911267221-142854874-o.jpg

"Here you are. If you need an assistant, we can provide one for you. Or if you have your own, they'll have to be vetted through security first."

She kept by the door, not quite venturing inside. President or not, everyone deserved their own space. "I am looking into getting us an account with the Intergalactic Banking System. This way no one will be able to steal from us all in one place. Once the CEO gets back to my inquiry, I'll let you know."

Kay left it at that, in case he had any questions.

Darben followed along, eager to see his new working space. The amount of guards troubled him somewhat, with the worry of enemies or something coming against the government. Yet he felt safe. They came upon his office, and he couldn't help but feel his jaw fall in awe. A window with a perfect view, a large desk with a smaller one just across a small space, some chairs. It was much more open than he had expected. He was used to clutter, as much as he hated clutter.

"Thank you, Kay" he said, turning around to shake her hand once more. With his other hand he scratched at the back of his neck. He could definitely get used to this. "And I will keep my ear open for when that happens." He left his side of the conversation at that, overly eager to sit down in his new chair. Then a question popped up. "Uh, not sure if it's an important question, but in this position will I be doing lots of travelling? Not to used to that as of yet. Through space, I mean."

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She took his hand and shook it with a small smile. He was informal with her, and that was okay. She wasn't quite the type of person to press others into making them use titles. In fact she was the opposite. Unless duty called for it, of course.

Kay tilted her head to the side a bit as she thought about Darben's question about travel. "I'll be handling most of the travelling. But there could be the odd occasions where you will be needed off world. Other than that, you'll just be visiting the other continents and Universities. I'm sure that some of the financial students would love to hear of your experiences."

That was great to hear. Darben swore he could still hear the engines of the transport shuttle sometimes, ringing in his ears. And looking through the empty black expanse of space, it gave him chills imagining being out there. Though he was a bit anxious to be going to Universities. But he let that drop from his mind. He didn't want to seem like he hated his job already. Which he did not. He would give it a chance. "Until next time we meet, then." In his mind, he hoped that would be soon. Already, Darben had a suspicion he would be getting pretty lonely in his office, and he could use a friend.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay smiled a little. "I know that it may seem a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure that you'll manage. I'm not used to looking after an entire planet, myself. But you can always ask me if you have any questions. We're all here to work together and help eachother, alright?"

She could tell that he was a little nervous and that was okay. That was expected with the new job. But his confidence should grow in time.

As she was about to go, Kay snapped her fingers. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. This Ministers' Residencies are just down the block, heading west. Only in times of emergency would you be staying here."

Darben felt much more comfortable at that. If what she said was true, then everyone here would be nice. Even though he wasn't much for making friends, he would have to make a few to get the hang of things and a better standing. After all, he was now a Minister. Just thinking that made him feel high. The word Minister felt high up to him. "Alright. I'll try to fit in" he replied with a wide grin of his own, now trying to mask his previous nervousness. Draben did well at masking most emotions. A trait he learned over much gambling.

Then she mentioned an emergency residencies. At first, he was going to ask 'what emergencies?', but then he realised that of course they would have such a thing. This was the palace of whoever led the planet. There would obviously be emergencies at some point. He just had to be ready. "Thanks for notifying me." He had other questions, but he was sure she was busy. Besides, she worked in the same building. Not too far at all.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

She smiled a little when he said that he would try to fit in. By the Force, she's been trying to fit in her entire life. It hasn't always worked out so well, however. Kay still managed to find herself hopping from job to job, on this side of the Galaxy or that. She wondered how long her job as President would last.

She nodded her head as Darben thanked her for notifying him of the residences. "You're welcome. Do you have any other questions before I leave you to explore your office and get a handle on your paperwork?" Kay wasn't quite sure if he needed an assistant or not either. But she'd imagine that he would tell her if he did.

Darben shook his head. He didn't want to keep her waiting. Besides, his questions he had were less important. And he wanted to get used to his new office before the day was through. "That's it. I'd better start sorting through the place. So, see you around then." He turned on his chair and went through sorting across the back desk first. But really, he had half to no idea what he was doing. He just made himself look busy.

Kay-Larr

[member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay bowed her head to him as he more or less dismissed her. That was alright though. She was sure that he had plenty to do. So she exited his office and worked her way through the wings to her own office. No doubt that there'd be something demanding her attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom