Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Name, New Job

Mara didn't hear the receptionist calling her name. "Mara, Mara Linth" She was still waiting to hear Viera Kisep. But it would never come. Viera was dead, and now she was Mara Linth. It was strange to have a new name and a new body. She had been 45, now she was 26 again. It was strange to think she was applying for a position like this. She was the Supreme Moff of the Imperial Remnant, Dark Chancellor of the Sith Empire and the Grand Admiral of the Galactic Imperium. Now she was lowly Mara Linth. A nobody with pristine naval records, made up of course, and pristine recommendations. Mara of course knew the true idenity of the leader of this group. Empress Ashen. The one woman who turned her to ice at her near presence. She oozed power and intimidation. So here she was hoping that she didn't have to work her self up again.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

The Bakuran based office of Governor Sargon Vynea was immaculate, and spartan in nature. The entire room screamed military, from its lack of decorations, to it's efficiency, and even the aide behind the desk. A sharply dressed woman who had left the Legion not more then five months ago her mannerism, and reflexes still fresh. The Governor himself was physically well built from years of training, and combat in one form or another, and he expected the same out of this people. It wasn't that his expectations were ridiculous or over done, but he just simply preferred the discipline of former military personal.

Waiting for his next appointment Sargon pulled up her file, and looked it over with some curiosity. At the bottom was a reference he'd seen very few times before, and before this meeting was done he might have to see what the mark was for. Standing as his appointment arrived he scanned her over quickly with his bright purple eyes, "Good afternoon, please take a seat. I have been looking over your records, and I see the reports on you have been excellent. So tell me, what can I do for you? What are you looking for out of this meeting?"

@[member="Mara Linth"]

Mara took a seat and smiled. " I am here to request my own command. " She said, trying to get use to this body. She stared him down, Trying to not show her inner disdain for him. She was demoted to the place of asking for a command. Asking, when her old self would of taken a command. She had to remember she was Mara Linth. She felt out of place. She was not Viera Kisep anymore. Mara pondered what to do about it. She would resign her fate to him. It was all she could do an keep her disguise. She couldn't let him know the truth. " I know it is early for someone in my career, but I feel that I can serve the fringe best in command of a fleet " She hoped that she could at least be a lower ranked admiral. That way she could prove herself by more than just paper.
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Reaching out with the force towards the woman Sargon opened his awareness around her, his curiosity risen. "Well at first I thought you had something, a command of your own is possible. An entire fleet, well your simply not ready yet in my opinion." Holding up his datapad he showed it to her, including the small symbol at the bottom that showed she was marked personally by the Lord Admiral. "Unless these something you aren't telling me that I need to speak with the Grand Admiral directly about? There is only one other person who ever warranted that, a Jedi Master named Darren Wraith. So tell me, why would the Grand Admiral's eyes be on you?"

@[member="Mara Linth"]

Mara listened and pondered what to say to him. " I am just a simple woman, sir. I am honored by her interest but I have no idea what i have done to merit it. " She said trying to keep it to seem true. She was of course biting her tongue, she wasn't use to being told no. She had to keep a calm. She was a lowly commoner asking for command of a fleet, which was insane. Her bets laid on the Grand Admiral. " I do think that perhaps you should speak to her about me as she apparently sees something in me that I was not aware of."

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Moving around the room Sargon stretched out with the Force, there was something off in what she was saying, and he could feel it. Turning towards her he smiled and stretched out his mind towards her. Feeling the Force swell around him Sargon slowly built up the strength in his next question as he focused on the question he was about to ask. Speaking softly he used the force sending it towards the woman's mind as he sought out the truth. "Who are you, and why does the Grand Admiral take a personal interest in you?"

@[member="Mara Linth"]

She didn't know why she was telling the truth. She was going to have this man killed. "I am Mara linth, and because I used to be Viera kisep" She glared at him. she could try to deny it but it wouldn't work. " So how did you know?" She asked honestly as she plotted ways to end his life. After, all a Non-Force user had to look out for her self, as the force certainly wasn't going to.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Sargon nodded at the new revelation while he moved back towards his desk to pull up the relevant files. "I didn't, but there was something off about this entire affair. I see from your file this must be quite the change for you? Well this is more then I'm going to handle alone, and I believe its time to bring in the new Lord Admiral so he can weigh in."

Keying in to @Jared Omvar's personal com link the Governor waited in silence as he continues to read over the Imperial file on Viera Kisep, and it was seemed the Imperials had quite a bounty on her still. After a bit the holo went through, and the image of Jared appeared on a nearby holo emitter. "Greetings, Lord Admiral, it seems we have an Imperial Admiral here, a defector actually who seeks her own command in the Fringe. I'll leave this to your discretion but you should know her file does speak well for her, as does the Grand Admiral it seems."

@[member="Mara Linth"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom