Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new definition of pain and suffering…

sarlacc-pit.jpg

Corvus reached the hangar and prepped the ship for take-off. Receiving final clearance she set a course for Tatooine. She never really needed an excuse to go, and so the requirement to collect a possible Jedi relic uncovered in the desert was one she jumped at. Was it fitting for the GrandMaster? She didn’t care – she was going.

So she dug out some candles and ball-bearings and used the time in hyperspace to perform her daily ritual of Faalo’s Cadences. And given the time available she was able to perform both the fourth and the fifth cadence. Six hours later she completed the exercises and grabbed something to eat before showering and changing.

Once the ship had exited hyperspace she set a course for Anchorhead.

Corvus looked at the green-skinned bartender and nodded. She was almost a regular now. She noted the light in the ceiling had been repaired since she last visited but the blaster marks on the wall were still there. Uh, so uncivilised.

Without asking, the Rodian put a blue milk in front of her. “Here for long?” he asked.

Corvus shrugged, “I don’t plan to – but then I never do.” She took a drink from the mug and flashed the bartender a wide smile – complete with blue moustache. She sensed a Force presence in the bar and slowly turned to take in the clientele.

[member=Mallory Pryde"]

Ivy was by nature darksided but she did have a unique way to hide it, yet doesn't work well against a master lvl opponent, or person anyway.. if there are any here anyway, her now amber eyes focusing on the harsh weather anchorhead had been known to go through she grinned over the sunlight and found a new destination as the darkside spoke to her, a cantina where she would be able to relax and just mix in.. her normal daily duties consisted of training, and disrupting the other padawans at the SJO training grounds.. but she got bored and snuck away. Nothing unusual.

Walking toward a lowly cantina she wrapped the tunic around her body firmly,she actually stole this one from a would-be smuggler when he wasn't looking, or paying enough attention and even so its only the shirt and hood.. she wasn't about to ask him to take off the lower part of it either... Datz nasty.

Reaching the cantina she placed the hooded veil over her face and hid her baton under the tunic itself, a unique way to not be seen as one in the force I guess.. but it helps her to not be noticed at least. Upon entering she looked around and walked quietly to the back where it was dimly lit, and she could just watch.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus was immediately drawn to the hooded figure that was making its way to the back of the cantina. Sometimes people looked so inconspicuous, they stood out like a sore thumb. A hood up in a dimly lit bar was akin to wearing a neon sign – although the reason for hiding was less apparent.

Corvus on the other had screamed Jedi at you the moment you looked at her, with her traditional robes, saber and shoto clipped to her belt and upright stance that was similarly neon but this time said 'do-gooder.'

So she took her blue milk and moustache and headed to the back of the bar – to the Force signature that said Dark but not Sith. Was she in the mood to save a mortal soul? Perhaps, but she was definitely up for a good conversation and none of the other patrons looked like they could talk about much other than moisture vaporators.

So she sat next to the still hooded…woman she suspected. “Hello there.”

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Watching the woman take interest she laid her head against the soft headrest and just relaxed a bit, this was another reason Ivy wore the tunic and hood, unless this jedi had some weirdo mental ability to remove certain articles of clothes via mentality she wouldn't have a clue what Ivy's face appeared to be, altho there is the force as well and something called force pull that worked fine to remove something yet Ivy doubted the jedi walking up..or was she? she dressed like one, but anyone could get a lightsaber and jedi garb, especially if they killed one and took their items.

Watching the woman from where Ivy is seated she makes note of the walk, the way she holds herself and also the attire she is wearing.. No ordinary jedi, master level her mind subtly noted.

Next thing to come when the other woman arrived was “Hello there.” "G'day to yew too, Miss?" She asked subtly.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus chuckled, it was a woman and she already appeared to be feisty. There was something about her dress, her demeanour and her aura that suggested it. Of course Corvus had been wrong before but she figured not this time.

So Corvus took another sip of her blue milk and refreshed her moustache no doubt before placing the cup on the table in front of them and trying again to see where the conversation might lead.

“I’ve been in this bar before you know. First time was a homage to an old and very famous Jedi. Did you know this was his first stop when he brought Luke Skywalker to the planet for safe-keeping? And do you know what always amazed me? He brought the child to a home where the mother of the man he was hiding him from was buried. Was that really stupid or really smart?”

No sooner had the words escaped her lips than a group of six young thugs entered the bar. She recognised them from her first time here – or was it the second time? It mattered little. They spotted her and as one they pulled out blasters and pointed them at her. She smiled at them. “It’s always nice to be remembered,” she said cheerily, Corvus' body language suggesting she felt in no way threatened by them.

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Remaining reserved as the woman spoke and emotionless, Ivy halted all noticeable and discernible movements or actions that would allow someone to easily read her and remained with her head rested against the headrest, her feet had now been plopped up casually on the table and crossed.

Yet the moment ivy was about to speak she sensed a solemn echo of warning and sighed silently as she knew what was about to come, thugs..heavily armed, bad attitudes, and corpses on the floor of the bar. She didn't care, she wasn't moving an inch.. if they wanted to get close she would shank them but until then she was going to watch and wait, besides this wasn't her battle.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus sighed as the young hoodlums advanced on her. They seemed to be ignoring the woman next to her and fortunately she was not showing any inclination to get involved. This was very positive in Corvus’ eyes as the aura she’d initially detected made her think this woman might give in to emotions too easily.

“Shall we shoot you here or outside?” The ring-leader was the youngest of the group but from his clothes and the quality of the blaster, he was the one with the money too – which probably explained his position of power.

Corvus turned to her companion. “Do you know, I was about to speak to you there and I realised we haven’t been introduced and I feel so rude. I’m Corvus by the way.” She affected a small bow even thought she was seated. “Have you ever heard of Malacia? Few have, I just wondered.”

Corvus turned her attention back to the young men. “That was a silly question and I’m not going to answer it. But I have one for you. Will you please leave me alone now and put those away?” She gestured to their blasters with her hand.

The gang looked to their leader. Maybe she’d put him in a difficult position, not wishing to lose face. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Corvus momentarily closed her eyes and almost at once the men in front of them started swaying and then one by one they rushed outside – the sound of vomiting coming through the door as it swung open each time one of them ran through it.

Corvus nodded to the bartender. “A bucket of hot water should do the trick eh?” She then turned back to the hooded woman. “Sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Soon as the thugs spoke Ivy regarded them with a covert glare wondering if they actually had any inclination of what kind of monster sits next to this lady beside her, the leader apparently was both stupid and had a deathwish.

Watching the youngin's out of the hidden features of her hood she sneered coldly until she heard the friendly tone of the jedi and collected herself while covertly regarding the jedi with her own emotionless response Color me intrigued, but you won't let them speak to ya like common gutter trash will ya, Corvus? she spoke with a certain authority and made no effort to let it be known, but it also was a subtle gesture of mock. She read enough of the skill Dun Moch she felt she could make use of it, but she was no master of the ability in the least.

To stir a jedi would be an amusing feat, yet she doubted this Corvus would be that gullible.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus smiled at her still unnamed companion. "Their words are nothing to me for a whole host of reasons. Firstly I am blessed with a natural affinity for Empathy. Except it's more of a curse, and the only way I cope is to shut emotions down. None in and none out. Recently I've learned to regulate them to a reasonable level, but it's often easier to close them down. So they can't annoy me, because that requires an emotional response."

"Secondly, I've been trash-talked by a lot better than them. Darth Praelior likes to goad you, talks about how you've failed. Darth Vitium by contrast likes to seduce you and plants doubts in your mind. Other Sith just like to just trash talk. So these boys? They're in a different league."

"And then there's the fact that I'm a Jedi. Yes we have emotions but we're trained not to act on them. So overall, not a worry no. Why, did it bother you that they talked to me like that?" She smiled at the hood and wondered what it would take to get a name from her.

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Mallory was in secret a former Sith Knight, well that is a little difficult to explain since she was more like a drone to a dark legacy of someone else, this person who designed her for their ultimate plan, their ultimate goal had in a sense written a computer virus that would in time infect and bring down the enemies of her programmer and creator, so in a way she was alot like this jedi.. but still very different.

Watching them leave she snapped her finger and sat forward as she focused on the slowest one and allowed the force to pool into her, the darkside was the strongest due to her strongest force spirit. Sighing as she focused on him she sent a deadly force push at him after she waited several long moments doing nothing but collecting the destructive energies of the dark side that a mere padawan would be able to.

Watching the idiot thug slam hard into a wall she smirked and then sat back and tore her attention to [member="Corvus Raaf"] and spoke with an inner fire It was just interesting to see, that's all she stated and then removed the mask to show her face to the woman and responded in kind.

You may call me Ivy she then waited and watched with great reservation.
[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus tensed as the person sitting next to her pulled on the Dark-side of the Force. Her initial reaction was to use Force Light – to simply cut off her access to the power she was drawing – but the actions against the young man were too swift to counter and once concluded, served limited purpose.

“Tell me Ivy, what made you think that doing that,” she indicated the young man currently sliding down the nearest wall, “Was a good idea, let alone in front of me?” Her voice was calm and collected but it suggested she was neither impressed nor would she put up with any repetition.

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

She chuckled slightly at the tone the jedi was using now, the fact this lightsider was trying to ask of her intentions she focused on the entire cantina and spoke You lightsiders would never understand she stated simply and reached out with the force as she watched the cantina itself, calling upon her levitation she made a chair raise above the ground, sometimes it felt good to be able to use objects to focus her thoughts rather than resort to violent measures... she just has a strong hatred for criminals that she couldn't help what she did, even though like the one she was designed to be the sith knight would have never resorted to the violent actions she just committed, Ivy just takes it to another level entirely.

Watching as the chair slowly raised off the ground she focused her aggression, her adrenaline slowly dissipated from her system, the minor high was over.. and she allowed the chair to be released which would make it slam to the ground due to a force of nature everyone considered to be gravity.

[member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus took another sip of her blue milk. She was in no mood to lecture anyone – she never was – and wondered where, if anywhere, this conversation was going to go.

She watched as the young woman used Telekinesis and felt uncomfortable as she felt the Dark-side of the Force being used in such close proximity, but decided to remain seated and allow her companion to dictate the journey their talk would go.

She considered halting the chair’s progress as it plummeted to the ground but decided such an act might be seen as provocative and so did nothing. In the back of her mind were her run-ins with Balaya – Darth Praelior. Sometimes her calmness and serenity actually fuelled the Sith’s anger it seemed, so she knew she had to be careful here.

“Humour an old Jedi and tell me what I don’t understand.” Corvus remained calm and her voice was conversational. She hoped there was no hint of sermon or reproach in her voice but simply a genuine desire to know what was on the other girl’s mind.

[member="Mallory Pryde"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom