Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Mutually Beneficial Arrangement

The planet didn't matter, neither did the establishment. Holden Tark had finally gotten the break he was looking for. Word had reached him that a certain woman of very significant influence wished to employ his services. The reputation of the red haored woman had certainly preceeded her. It was very well known that she was one to have supporting your endeavors, and to send her certain kickbacks. The trouble it took was worth the time, Holden had always heard.

He was the one waiting for her. Dressed casually, and not looking to inconspicuous, Holden was waiting at a table. Water was all he had, as the place seemed like the kind to charge a lot of what was on the menu only to give the patron more plate than food. This was certainly not the kind of place Holden would frequent, but this was where he was told to meet.

All that was needed was for the two to come to certain terms, and he would be under the employ of the very powerful woman. Pay might not always be in credits, but what one did receive was worth it. He could bank what it would cost, and use it to upgrade things even further. The Corellian salvager was excited about the opportunity. The only deal breaker for him would be if she didn't let him take side work that was for him only. After all, Holden was looking to have a reputation as well known as hers.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

[member="Holden Tark"]

Planet didn't matter. Nor did the establishment.

Business was business and to be frank, for Danger, every place was just bleeding into the other. It was the same routine, the same cordial smile, the same role to play.

The same pleasant mask to bear.

"Mistah Tark?" the voice would drift over like thick Corellian honey, throaty with a lilting drawl that would stir the senses. Were the man turn towards its origin, he would be graced with the presence of the Trade Queen herself. Red was the color for the day it seemed; upon first glance, it would appear to be a modest cut dress that would fall just past her knees. Not even a hint of cleavage would show -- but the way that the fabric would snugly hug the hills and valleys of her feminine form could make any sapient take interest.

A hand would extend, and her drawl would frame her greeting, "Danger Arceneau, a pleasure."

A distinct Corellian accent pulled his attention away from the water glass. Turning, he stood and took the hand extended toward him. A good, firm handshake as he returned the pleasantry.

"The pleasure is all mine, I can assure you."

The woman clearly exuded a confidence which was no less than the reputation which had preceded her. Her dress was proof of it. Tark couldn't help but notice the womanly shape she boasted, as he offered to help her with the chair. The establishment's atmosphere near demanded he treat the lady with the best of manners. When he rounded back to his seat be sat, and two menus were delivered.

"I will admit I was surprised to receive an inquiry from your admin. My talents certainly can't be that notable? However, something of a potential job with ongoing benefits was mentioned as long as we could come to terms."

Holden got right to business as he perused the menu. Luckily he'd been wrong about the place. The prices were fair, and the portion sizes seemed to be adequate as well. When the server returned he knew he'd be getting the nerf steak.

[member="Danger Arceneau"]

Danger would shine him with a cordial smile, taking the holomenu in hand to review.

"A good businesswoman is always on the market for mutually beneficial business relationships, Mistah Tark," she began, settling comfortably in her seat while her bright green eyes would review the Chef's specialties.

"More so when one goes to those who know a sector or two like the back of their hand," she would continue, giving praise where it was due. "Arceneau Trade might be a galactic name, but that don't mean it I'm the sort to forget just where it started from."

A waiter would come by, and Danger would give a small smile.

"Corellian Whiskey, neat." she said, before turning back over to Holden. "Pick your poison, Mistah Tark?"

"I'll have the same. Good Corellian spirits are hard to come by these days."

Holden looked over the menu and found a nice filet mignon, bacon wrapped and topped in a red wine sauce. The steak looked womderful. Placing it back on the table he looked across from the lovely redhead.

"I'm glad to hear you haven't forgotten your roots. There are few who specialize in my particular area, and the fact you're willing to lock up the skills my crew can offer is inspiring. Perhaps we should discuss what you're after, and go from there?"

Nothing like a medium rare nerf steak, with Rodian spiced potatoes, and grilled baby greens to start the night. Setting her holomenu aside, Danger gave a slight nod of agreement.

"I am a fan of a man who is direct, Mistah Tark. I am pleased you see it so," she would compliment him, flashing a smile. Her hands would reach up, forearms barely resting on the edge of the table.

"I'm lookin' for someone steady. Who can do some runs for me for goods as well as be able to fulfill specific orders." she began.

"I've a keen interest in acquiring materials that are... a bit of a challenge to acquire." she added, giving a slight arch of her brow, her voice a soft drawl that would drift across the way.
"Songsteel for example. Laminanium. Ultrachrome." now there were a few ores and metals there that were ripe to make any smuggler give a low whistle.

"But I am more than willing to make it worth your while to procure them."

The orders were placed and Tark let out a slow whew as he listened to the list of the ores she was after. At least she said it would be worth his while. Before they got to the particulars though, she needed to know his forte.

"I mostly deal in artifacts, unique ones, but several on my crew are after other things. We figure out how to make it work. I'm steady, with a steady crew, but it takes a bit to keep everyone happy. If you don't mind the fact I'll still be treasure hunting on the side, then we can talk particulars."

Holden set back on the chair and had a smirk on his face. It was natural. Picking up the freshly delivered drink, Holden took a sip. He wondered what her thoughts were.

"The ore we can get. I'm not concerned about that. How consistent is the work going to be?"

"As long as you can fulfill what orders I need, Mistah Tark -- your time is your own. " she told him, taking her drink in her hand. She brought it up to her lips, taking a sip. The fiery liquid would burn a welcomed path down to her gullet. It was a familiar sting. A welcomed one. Night after night she'd drunk away his name to oblivion.

Tonight wasn't the first time; likely wouldn't be the last.

"I ain't keen on wrangling all your attention, just enough to make sure we both come out on top good and proper and with plenty to show for it."

She set the glass down.

"Normally you are looking at least one work order a month -- maybe more for some smuggling runs down One Sith Territory." While she still had some trade routes that went through there, there were times when she didn't want to move goods under the Arceneau name.

Local subcontractors made it worth her while on that.

"I aim to provide you and your crew with gear. BlasTech and Browncoat Arms if you are so inclined. Replacing when necessary." she told him.

"The more runs you do for me and the longer term you settle in, the more I'm apt to show my appreciation. That's on top of credits for each run for your trouble -- Fuel on top of that at a discount. I can offer you a specific datacard that will let you plug in and get twenty percent off any one of the many fuel stations in the known verse under the Arceneau label."

"The longer you spend working for me, the higher that discount gets."

"How can I say no to that," Holden asked followed by another swig of whiskey. "Seriously, you don't mess around. Supplies, weapons, discounted fuel, you toss in a ship, and you've got me sold."

He might as well try for an upgrade. What he had now was okay, but was gettng outdated. If he was going throgh OS territory he wanted something that could protect him better.

"The only hiccup is the Sith space, but you compensate well for that ask. A job a month, longer if it is more dangerous, and I get to work my own on the side. I can't speak for the entire crew as we have an interesting arrangement, but I can speak for me and the cyborg in my charge, we're in. The rest of the crew works on a job by job basis. If they don't like it they won't work it. So each job, I'll simply let you know how many are on board for the job, and you can supply accordingly. If they don't work, they don't get the perks."

The food came out, and Holden's mouth began to water. He cut into the medium cooled filet mignon and swished the meat in the sauce. Almost as soon as the meat hit his taste buds, Tark felt as though he was in heaven. A sip of his water washed the last of the bite down as the napkin in his lap was raised to dab the corners of his mouth.

"So Ms. Arceneau, what do you do for leisure? You can tell a lot about a person based on their hobbies."

"I might toss in a ship from Haven's Shipyards if you are quick with at least one of those ores," she would offer off the bat. If there was one thing she learned early on, is if you take care of those who work for you, then a happy loyal employee you'll get from that.

"Reckon the AT-360 Light Freighter ain't too much to frown upon," she said with a wry twist of her mouth, moving to gather her silverware as her own steaming plate of nerfsteak was set in front of her.

So Ms. Arceneau, what do you do for leisure?

The question would make her slow, a subtle pause as she would cut that first piece of medium rare steak. Ah,what did she do for leisure. There were a few things. All very personal. Dejarik was one. So much so she was part of a correspondence analog game, where moves were sent via holomail.

There were also other interests... some that only Alric Kuhn had ever known. A piece of steak would be placed in her mouth and she would chew slowly, giving a cordial smile so as to hide the thoughts of melancholy that came at losing someone precious to her.

Betrayal was a hell of a way to cut ties and Alric had cut her deep.

"I've been known to dabble in a sabaac game now and then Mistah Tark," she told him, glancing back down to her food, taking some of the potatoes with her fork.

"And what girl from the Outer Rim don't like a bit of excitement here and then with the podraces?" Tatooine born and bred, there was something thrilling about them.

"You?"

"The freighter would be more than fine. I'll be certain to prove I'm in this long enough to make that kind of investment."

Tark noticed Danger was hesitant to answer his question.

"Keeps things to herself a bit," he thought to himself.

A thin smile parted his lips at the mention of sabacc, but he wasn't the best at the game. He was one for active games, outdoors things. Tark was a runner and a fisherman when he could be. Get him outdoors and he was in heaven. Naturally, because he was Corellian.

"Anything outdoors keeps me relaxed, and who doesn't like a good pod race? So this ore, which one first?"

"Songsteel." Danger would inform [member="Holden Tark"] without the hesitation she had shown earlier. " an extraordinarily light and luminescent silver metal, used in masterwork swords and staves. It is known to be highly resistant to lightsaber strikes in a manner similar to phrik and cortosis." she would explain of Songsteel's qualities, making it obvious on why it was a quality metal of high value.

"Some say that there are deposits of it in the Cularin Systems' asteroid belt." She would cut another tender morsel of her steak, sliding it into her mouth to enjoy the buttery melt in your mouth taste. There were few comforts in the 'Verse, and a perfectly grilled steak was one of them.

"Hard to come by,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom