Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Meeting of Nobles

Karolus Krupp

Minister of Intelligence
House Krupp's mansion was located on Koros Major, their ancestry hailed from a different planet in the galaxy but since a few centuries they have been based on Koros Major, where they own the wealthiest carbonite block manufacturing company on Koros Major and also an influential player in the market of carbonite blocks. The growth of the company was achieved due to the House's ambitions to compete with other noble Houses in the galaxy, despite their minor stature. Due to that, despite being a House of minor status it was renown for its ambitions and was recognized for that amongst the other noble Houses.

The mansion itself was not as massive as usual noble mansions were, it had a very aristocratic architecture exterior and interior to it befitting one of blue blood, contrasting the typical modern homes that dotted all over Koros Major. A But those looks could deceive, the mansion was heavily secured with the latest technological advances. Experienced armed men patrolled the mansion's territory day and night, but their patters were such that their presence was rarely noticed. This befitted Krupp's way of thinking. They always wanted to seem powerless in the eyes of the others. The mansion employed a dozen servants that took care of the mansion and a steward managed it due to Karolus' often and prologed absence from the mansion. He rarely visited his home, engulfed in work for the One Sith.

Currently, he sat on a very comfortable chair in a more private room, designed specifically for conversations held in private between nobles. It had a fireplace that was currently not lit, considering the blooming summer outside, and large windows open for the fresh air of outside to engulf the room. Karolus was scanning through his datapad, analysing different news and information, noting those of interest. He was dressed in his typical brown tunic with puffed sleeves and a black cape having numerous mockingbirds embroidered on it on top.

And his presence in his home was almost always for a reason. This time the reason was quite important - he was expecting a guest.

Faith Balor-Organa.

A noble from one of the oldest noble houses in the galaxy and quite major compared to House Krupp's minor status. It was an honorable gesture towards Faith, to be invited to share Karolus' hospitality.

His personal reason was different. She was someone with the same position Karolus had at the One Sith, but from an enemy faction - the Galactic Republic. Lord Krupp was also almost sure she knew as much about him, which did not speak good about the OS' counter-intelligence efforts.

--

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

The invitation to come to Koros Major was quite unexpected, Faith had studied the invite quite carefully. Whta were the ramifications of her going? What could be gained? Or lost.
In the end she could not help but take @@Karolus Krupp up on the offer to meet.

A few days later she was exiting her ship the Eternal Light. It was a beautiful day not one that should be spent behind doors hidden in shadows Faith could not help it, she spent too much time inside anymore.

For this meeting she asked her cousin Claire for something regal yet simple for a Noblewoman of Alderaan and Aldera to wear. What she was was quite simple and yet looked elegant, she had them sweep her hair up, she looked she believed like a Princess.

The guards at the gates of the Mansion were well prepared and informed, and when she arrived with her group, and guards, everyone immediately fell into protocol. While Faith was led, with a single guard of her own to where Karolus waited.

Yes this meeting would be, quite enlightening.

As they stood before the doors, a gentle knock, and then the attendant disappeared. Faith waited for the door to open to allow her admittance.

Karolus Krupp

Minister of Intelligence
As the door knocked, Karolus hurriedly went towards it, already knowing that his guest had arrived. With his signature smile of a fox he opened the door and was truly surprised by her appearance. A noble's dress one would expect but with her current appearance she'd more fit the status of a princess. And princesses were never a good omen for Empires, history taught so.

"Lady Organa." Graciously, beffiting a noble, he grabbed her hand and kissed it. Looking at her afterwards, Karolus bowed and gestured gently for her to enter the spacious chamber in which the summer could be felt fully inside without the bothersome heat of the sun.

"Would you accept my compliment that you look astounding on this hot summer day?" He rhetorically asked as she entered.

Karolus gestured her to sit on a chair that one would definitely cherish after a long travel due to its comfort. The lord of this mansion nodded to the wide door where a servant stood. The servant understood the gesture and closed the door leaving both inside in private. The only other 'being' in the chamber was a droid that was shut down standing in the corner of the chamber, a bit in contrast with the aristocratic design of the whole mansion itself.

"I hope your journey here was safe and that my home planet does fit your likes, my lady." He nodded, his signature smile still on his face until he paused and then added with a look of shame. "My manners, of course. Would you like any sort of refreshment, be it food or drink?"

Karolus shook the goblet he held, a goblet that typically would hold wine, implying that she would find the wine House Krupp offered, one of quality high beyond anyone's expecations.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Faith gave him one of her best smiles, 'MiLord Krupp, I would be a fool not to accept a compliment and from such a affluent man such as yourself bestowing it upon me, I must accept"

It did not escape her attention that they were to be left in private, what conversations had these four walls heard in the last months anyhow, intrigue perhaps? "the journey was uneventful thank goodness, I have seen too much of war as of late. I was grateful for the peace"

The room was elegant not overly furnished as many nobles tended to do, but just enough to hint at what wealth and power were handled by her host [member="Karolus Krupp"] she kept her smile soft, her lips plump rather than tightly pursed together.

"This is beautiful room, and yes a refreshment would be welcome" Now these two had not even begun to spar but most surely they were sizing each other up, there was no hidden pretense here, She was an intelligence gatherer, just as he was, they had most likely read each other's dossier ten times in the last two days making sure to have every detail they could find ready.

So now was Faith the Spider, or the fly?

"Would you be willing to give me a tour ? I love old homes with rich history"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom