Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Meet & Greet with your friendly arms supplier! [CIS]

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
GEONOSIS
EARLY AFTERNOON
@[member="Cade Lee "]l @[member="Isley Verd"]

festival_overhead.jpg

"No. No, no, no. For the love of... what do you think you are doing?" Tara hissed, glaring down a man backing a large hoversled up to a BBQ pit.

"Just... making a delivery, ma'am." The man stammered, glancing from his datapad to the livid woman in the jeans and professional blouse glaring him down. "Two adult pigs, correct?"

"Yes. They go to the kitchen. We are not just throwing them onto the coals to burn, unseasoned!" Tara growled, pointing to a large white pavillion to her left. "Take them over there!"

She'd been working since dawn. Tirelessly, in fact. Tara glared after the delivery man, before looking around herself with her arms folded. She sure was going above and beyond, today - hired as R&D a month ago, dabbled in sales for the Imperium, and now planning a party. On top of the HR nightmare between herself and the CEO, to boot! If a promotion wasn't in her future, there would be hell to pay.

A square mile of the Geonosis landscape had been smoothed out and prepared to receive the higher-ups of the CIS military and their families. There were a few open bars, pig roasts, tons of food, and family-friendly activities like volleyball and horseshoe. And, as the event was hosted by Blas-Tech industries, there were a few extra activities as well.

To one side, an obstacle course/shooting range had been set up for Blas-tech's newest line of mechs, the Tartoros-class. The hulking metal goliaths stood off to one side, a dozen standing in a row with several attendants on-hand to instruct anyone who wanted to take one for a joyride and blow up some fake buildings. There were a half-dozen of the older Lapetus model, too. Granted, the missiles in both had been disabled, and all of the mechs would be unable to fire on the pavilion due to computer intervention, but guests were welcome to go hog-wild shooting targets, the false buildings, or each other. Or, you know, just running those things over in rockin' giant mechs.

On the other side, a shooting range had been set up to showcase Blas-tech's innovative new 'Plug-n-Fire' universal ammo cells in the best way possible - a shooting range to try out all of Blas-Tech's new gun line. From the robust 'Woebringer' heavy pistol to the capable 'Ol' Reliable' BTI rifle, even the powerful 'Reckoning' Thermal detonator launcher, 'Reclaimer' sniper rifle, and 'Retaliator' scatter gun had been rolled out for the CIS' best and brightest to play with and get a feel for.
And what brought a family together like blowing the stuffing out of an empty landscape with the best guns the Galaxy's finest gun corporation had to offer?

Food was cooking. Beer was on tap, with bartenders waiting to take orders. Attendants and staff were on hand to help out. Tara had busted her behind to make this the ideal company picnic/meet&greet possible, and her work showed.

Now, it was time to see who'd show up to frolic in the playground Blas-Tech had laid out for the CIS.

Why was Pande- I mean, Polarine here? Well, predominantly because Myra had told her to be here for the big business deal. She got herself a drink of Corellian ale from the bar and took a seat, looking for someone, anyone, to talk with.

She only hoped things wouldn't get awkward.

@[member="Tara Lasood"]

@[member="Tara Lasood"] @[member="Pandeima"] @[member="Mirshen"]

Aedan Miles wandered into the area calmly the silver hilts of his light sabers present on his hip as he wandered throughout the fair looking over the weapons as he slowly made his way towards the shooting range wanting to try out some of these weapons especially the Reclaimer he was a decent shot with a sniper but nothing like one of his crew men. Maybe he would debate ordering a case of snipers with ammo as well before he left. His violet eyes tracked around the area as he ran a hand over the start of a beard he had started growing out sense leaving the Protectorate. Now he worked with the CIS as leader of a pirate group the Corsair Brotherhood. He wore a black suit with violet trim under that was his Iron Skin.

The Dark Templar

The Guildmaster of the Bounty Hunters Guild (Lawfu
@[member="Aedan Miles"] @[member="Pandeima"] @[member="Tara Lasood"]
And among them would be the unmistakable mountain of metal and armor that was the Guildmaster.
Strolling through the camp, with his hands folded behind his back, his dark cloak trailing behind him, weaponry clanking on his person, including his heavy black vibro-mace by his side, he could be clearly spotted, usually towering above others. To add more to the show-off factor, he was flanked by his two Nexu M1 M.U.T.T. droids, growling and hissing in metallic fashion at people who would look at him the wrong way or get too close to him without his permission, sharp metal claws adorning the droids' "paws"

He glanced left and right on the exhibitions of newest armaments and droids, looking at the Tartoros-class, he thought to himself
Bet I could take them on
But continued on, grabbing a mug of beer from one of the stands, letting a chip of credits as payment, he continued his stroll

He was not without a goal, however, he was planning on tracking down Tara, responsible for this little fair, as one of the higher-ups of the Confederacy, he would love to talk to her, and probably she would like to talk to him. So, to make sure that she would notice his presence, and to lure her out, the Guildmaster gave out, in his usual gruel voice, very emotional call of:
"Oy, all this little shemadingalong needs are 'ookers from Danger!"

"Why as I here?" Mirshen looked around the room and held one of the bottles he had gotten from the people... He didn't know who but he still asked the question. "Why am I here?" Oh it had not been fun, Tegan was well Tegan and Aedan his bestest buddy was trying to tap that... In clear violation of the bro code, he had to be taught a lesson which is why he had put a bunch of itching powder into his underwear dreawer. See him try and hit on the woman teaching them how to play pirates now. Ah well it didn't matter there was always the next port and the next thing they could kill. The real fun would come from maybe getting some new equipment and gear.

Lex-El

An Honest Man
GEONOSIS
EARLY AFTERNOON

@[member="Tara Lasood"] @[member="Pandeima"] @[member="Genesis Rostu"]

The dry heat wasn't exactly friendly to the dark suit he wore, but unlike most this actually fit him a little better than most. Shoulders were still rolled forward to diminish his size, and his personal astromech droid was rolling around serving drinks to those who would take them. The activity buzzing on the ancient world was music to his ears, and dollars into his credit account. HR nightmare or not, the events that had taken place between his lead researcher and himself would stay private. This was a business event at it's heart, a means to complete a sale that needed to be done. Sure the Confederacy was already home to one of their headquarters, but they were still only buying from the older lines of Blas-Tech equipment. Their product line had just been revamped completely, and the new mech division that was swiftly growing was becoming a new cornerstone of the company's profits.

This would further solidify that.

Adjusting his glasses, he took a drink from one of the server droids while eyes the blasters that were all lined up or display. Behind his spectacles he flashed those blue eyes at Tara, before his professional senses re-balanced. The delegates from the Council were coming in, and the prospect of more deals was quickly perking his interest in the event up. If he had his way, he'd be on his Pathfinder across the galaxy working on his other "projects." At this point, his true activities were restricted to when he was in the hidden part of his office or on his own private vessel accomplishing his own missions.

Thoughts crossed his mind on seeing all that were at the party, especially the best designer of technology ever...but he instead walked towards the bar. The lights reflected off the silver ring he wore on his right ring finger, and he took care to keep up how he was acting. There was nothing to give him away, and no technique that could reveal him. That little present he had received had been the cherry on top of the sundae that his life was becoming, and he took care to keep it on at all times. Well...except for when he did his other "job."

That knowledge secure he leaned against the bar, and kept his eyes well fixed on the bartender and not the green skinned woman seated near him. "So I hear you know a thing or two about technology."

"I do, yes."

She looked him over. He seemed so... so familiar. But there was no way she could place her finger on it. Maybe it was the glasses?

"You know, I could've sworn I've seen you somewhere before... I don't know where, but you seem exceptionally familiar to me."

He was, but still. She couldn't place where she'd seen him before.

@Jace- I mean, @Cade Lee

Rayn H'voc

R
Rogue walked into the area with an emotionless expression upon her face and her rifle on her back, tightly strapped to her body. She came in search of good booze and a new sniper rifle if something caught her eye. She was wearing her usual civilian clothes: a long olive-green jacket and camo cargo shorts. A quick spit onto the ground before leaning against the bar and eyeing the selection of alcohol the host had displaying. Rogue sighed, "They never have what I want when I want it. Just .. give me some cognac. Make it quick, please." The bartender nodded and quickly made Rogue's drink and handed her the glass. The crisp yet sweet taste of the cognac was to Rogue's liking. She tipped the bartender and continued sipping on her drink at the bar.

Shorurra lumbered through the party slightly bemused at all of the activities. It was a great change of pace from his more recent planet hopping adventures. All the confusion, the pain, the rage.... Shorrura shook his head, clearing his head of the unpleasantries. Its not like those were the only things he experienced on the field, and he was glad to have been part of all of it. He headed to the bar and grumbled to the bartender that he wanted the strongest stuff he had. The bartender hesitated at first but began work on his concoction. When the tender slid the drink to the Wookie, steam was coming from the purple liquid despite the cup being cool to the touch. Shorurra took a gulp of it and rumbled his satisfaction. he turned to the party, watching in silence as people scurried from place to place.

The Dark Templar

@[member="Shorurra"]
As the Guildmaster strolled through the crowds, with the usual aura of deathstick and Force breaker funk, he finally picked up someone who he recognized. More than recognized, someone whose company he enjoyed.

Spotting the large Wookiee at the bar, Guildmaster began clanking in his direction, waving one of his large hands, he remembered Shorurra well from Hypori where he, the Guildmaster, and Mistral were charged with peacefully assaulting a building where the protesters were holed up.
"Shorurra!"
He rumbled out as he made his way to the bar, "accidentally" shoving people out of his way and stepping on some toes, which was always accompanied by a painful yelp, his droid companions trailing soon behind him.
"I have not seen you since Hypori, Shorurra."
He reached to pat the Wookiee on his shoulder as he looked to the bartender, nodding
"Next round's on me."
He looked back to Shorurra, speaking to him in Shyriiwook
[Shyriiwook] "Ruh ruh, yuyaag ruggwah maw huah huah? (How are you, and how do you give your fur that shine?)"
He chuckled slightly glancing to the party
[Shyriiwook] "Mu wuhu aga ruuhr ahraroww shrf gwyaaaag, wua ga ruhgoya wa-ah... (I have been looking for someone to talk to, that or companions, I thought I found one before..)"
He looked back to Shorurra,
[Shyriiwook] "Aohurcwhc oohuao ahao ohrac shhucao cooscwo rrahrcan wwrcoosc Aorcrawaahwhrr Rrhuahanwa ahwh ohacraao cacwo oaoowhcahwaworcwowa aooo rhwo akrcoowwwoccahoowhraan oohuaowwahao. (Turns out it was just some girl from the Trading Guild, in what she considered to be professional outfit)"

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
mmout_urbancomplex_pendleton.gif

Tara hustled through the pavilions and bars as things heated up, people got friendly, and friendliness was beginning. Good, then - all according to plan. "Alright, bring in the city." Tara spoke into a comm, stepping out from under the tents and up onto a raised platform surrounded by a glassteel barrier. It overlooked a recessed bit of earth almost a square mile, where a series of somewhat ramschakle buildings had been erected (quite literally) overnight.

A dropship touched down in the middle of this compound, and from it's belly it disgorged a small army of HS-4 Security Droids armed with stun batons and stun pistols. Not mighty foes, to be sure. But foes.

"Soldiers, warriors, and generals - if I might call your attention to the west?" Tara spoke into her comm, her voice carrying over the entirety of the company picnic. "In the spirit of good-natured competition and fun, we have arranged a contest - just down the hill, there is an Urban Combat Course teeming with Security Droids, and gosh if we don't feel like we need so many." She laughed cheerfully, setting aside her cold and professional demeanor to play the role of hostess, announcer. After all, she was earning beaucoup overtime for this.

"So, those of you who are feeling brave, or skilled, are welcome to borrow any weapon from our BTI-line at the shooting range and give them a try in a live combat scenario!" Tara invited. "Each gun is keyed to record how many kills you confirm, and send the scores here, to my datapad." She explained, holding up her datapad to demonstrate. "The top three scores will get to take their weapons home tonight, courtesy of Blas-Tech industries!" Tara promised. "Furthermore, the grand prize winner will get VIP treatment, in the form of an all-expenses paid, week-long trip to fabulous Zeltron - to experience the best luxuries and sensations the Galaxy has to offer."

"So, what do you say, CIS? Who wants to blow the heck out of some droids?" Tara invited grandly. "Step up here with your chosen weapons, and we'll get started. The contest is going to run for as long as we've got droids!"

"Isn't the planet known as Zeltros?" Pandeima raised an eyebrow. She would know, after all - plenty of visits had been taken to that planet by the gorgeous green-skinned woman. "Regardless, I'm certainly game for this challenge." Picking up a Retaliator, she smiled. "Scatterguns are my specialty."

Eying @[member="Cade Lee "]over as she prepared to participate in @[member="Tara Lasood"]'s weapons challenge, she merely gave a nod. "I apologize, but I'll get back to talking with you after I win myself a prize." And with that, she prepared.

"I assume we get an unlimited amount of ammunition?"

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
@[member="Pandeima"]

Tara glanced down as a question was asked by a busty green woman. She nodded, an unlit cigarette dangling from her lips. "As many plug-n-play power cells as you'd like - they work with each gun in the BTI line." The technician confirmed, folding her arms with a smile. "If you somehow manage to exhaust the one within the weapon, we've plenty more as backup." Tara promised, lifting her datapad. "...will you be competing, then, ma'am?"

Rayn H'voc

R
Rogue had finished her glass of cognac and stepped away from the bar counter. After hearing the announcement made by @[member="Tara Lasood"], she could not help but accept a challenge such as this. Rogue put her hood over her head and went to pick up the Reclaimer she had been eyeing since her arrival to the picnic. "Let's get the show on the road, mes amis." Rogue began scanning the area for a proper sniping position to prepare for whatever was the initial starting procedure for the competition. She made her way up a tree overlooking the town below and got into a comfortable position. "Ready when you are, Ms. Lasood."

"Indeed I shall." She nodded, examining the weapon and growing as familiar with it as she could in such a short span of time. It seemed to be quite similar to the Acclamator tri-shot flechette shotgun Subach had designed, albeit with a more centralized design and standardized usage. Aside from that, it appeared to be a very typical weapon.

"I'm eager to begin this competition."

Shorurra groaned in suprise and joy at the sight of The Guildmaster. He had always had a great time when he was with the large armored humanoid. "wargh wroo aurgh ruh aormugh lawr awruh waroo murgh wroa roohra." (It's been a while my friend, though my language doesnt suit you well), the Wookie groaned. When the Guildmaster mentioned the Wookie's fur he grinned and said, "froo awrh braurgh rawroo roaw fraughraw" (a damn course brush and shampoo). Shorurra noticed that their was a comotion starting in the party. He turned slowly to The Guildmaster, a devious twinkle in his eye. "Warooo murghargh awwoarkrah graw awrarw yaoroowoo?" (You think it would be fair for us to jump in on a little competition?)
@[member="The Dark Templar"]

The Dark Templar

@[member="Shorurra"]
The Guildmaster looked in the direction of their hostess, chuckling at Wookiee's words and quipping back
"Well I may be getting too old for things like that, but I do not see any harm in trying."
He looked back to Shorurra, giving him a friendly nudge
"Even if we won't win anything, still should be pretty fun time, eh? Come on, Shoru."

And with a motion of his hand he clanked along, more grunts and yelps were heard as he shoved his way through the crowds, stepping on more toes until his large armored visage was in front of @[member="Tara Lasood"], his equally large Wookiee friend should be close behind.
"Weeeeeeell hello there, missy."
He said smoothly, leaning by a nearby table, as he spoke to Tara, the table creaked under his weight.
"Wink."
He said in his attempt at flirtation
"My shaggy friend and I would like to take part in your little contest, I prefer assault rifles when it comes to weaponry, what model would you recommend for me out of your stock, lassy?"
He asked, curious as to what they had to offer

Alndys

Mercenary, Artist.
@[member="The Dark Templar"]

Tara flashed the looming, mechanical man a professional smile, shifting her weight onto her mechanical leg as she picked up an impressive BTI-CC13 rifle. "For Assault Rifle enthusiasts, we recommend our BTI-CC13 'Old Reliable' rifle." She explained. "An evolution of the widespread EE-11 model, it's functional and accurate range beat the closest competitor by nearly a hundred meters, in and out of combat conditions." She explained. "It is sleek, it is brutal, and it is priced to be accessible to both the militias and the paramilitaries of the Galaxy." Tara explained, before offering the weapon to The Dark Templar.

@[member="Rogue "]l @[member="Pandeima"]

Tara gave both women a smile after she'd handed The Templar his rifle. "No need to wait for a signal - in war and in contests, the ambitious rise to victory." She reported, gesturing to the combat scenario laid out behind them. " The purpose of this contest is to have fun, and enjoy our top-of-the-line products. Don't wait for me to invite you! Get in there and rack up some kills."

The Dark Templar

@[member="Tara Lasood"] @[member="Shorurra"]
"Great!"
The Guildmaster rumbled out, taking the offered BTI rifle and grabbing another one
"I'll take two!"
He cocked them, ready for some fun, nudging from Tara towards his Wookiee friend
"And do not forget to help out my friend in arming himself, please."

Lex-El

An Honest Man
Cade went to say something to @[member="Pandeima"], but instead his attention was on @[member="Tara Lasood"] as she sold the products he had made. Her mechs would be unveiled soon enough, the Lapetus and Tartoros would instead draw their eye. For now, the new BTI line would be the centerpiece. Each of them operating off of the BTI-EOU power cell he had personally designed, the universal ammo would be a key selling point. That and all of weapons were simply better than the other energy weapons on the market by a kilometer.

So Cade simply mouthed "cheers" and sat at the bar to watch the spectacle until he was needed to instruct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom